Viol 89246, 89296 and 89229 Bans Removed (BF3)

MaydaX

We have lifted all BF3 bans for violation #89246 and #89296 because they are raised for actively using AutoHotKey. Since many players have been banned for simply using that application we have decided it is better to let some cheaters go free than to ban many innocent players.

Please be reminded that these PunkBuster violations are still active at the time of this post. Players are advised not to use AutoHotKey when playing on PB enabled servers.

236 Battlefield 3 Bans have been removed from the MBi and those violations have been placed on the Hub ignore list.

197 for #89246, 25 for #89296 and 14 for #89229

Update:

Violations #89246, #89296, and #89229 (in BF3 only) have been converted to Restriction kicks in our system since they can be triggered by common macro programs. We encourage server admins to give players the benefit of the doubt for these two violation number as some of the kicks were not caused by a cheating macro.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-bf3.php

Edited by MaydaX
Added #89229
  • Upvote 2

help me plese i not cheter or hacker and i have ban in ggc-stream i playing in bf3 long time see this http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/soldier/777CHE777/stats/362177390/ i have good sistem and gamers gadgets i love this game i made meny raports in dice forum https://getsatisfaction.com/battlefield3/topics/dice_please_ban_these_hackers i help meny peoples in forums in battlog

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

i dalate all soft, driver mouse,i destroy my hi-end mouse and i serch my old sheat mouse

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

i made appel he say this hi i have problem my nic in game 777CHE777 i coming in servers ggc-strem and i have disconect: Something went wrong (NaN NaN)!

Edited by MaydaX
Removed GGC ticket info

Thanks guys, I was one of the innocents banned by this. Does anyone have an alternative program to use that isn't possibly bannable for this? I use AutoHotKey for volume control ONLY! Thanks Fozzer, HSMagnet, and Maydayx among the many other for getting this cleared up for me and many others. (Albeit I was a bit rude, they were of utmost professionalism even in regards with the attitude I threw at them at first.)

Thanks a lot guys!

Qazme

• Upvote 1

When will PB sort this out?

They won't... to be able to tell people that are using AHK for cheating from people that use AHK for other things, PB would have to fetch the AHK script from the gamers PC and let some human take a look at it -> way too expensive.

It is cheaper and technically much easier to ban every player that has got Autohotkey.exe in the computers tasklist... any twelve year old script kiddie could program this.

For me macro should be considered as cheaters, is an anti-game. Any player who tries to benefiet from resources external to the game suggests, should be punished!!

Edited by DiGAUM

For me macro should be considered as cheaters, is an anti-game. Any player who tries to benefiet from resources external to the game suggests, should be punished!!

It depends on what you use the macro for. Just because you use a macro doesn't mean you are cheating.

By the same logic if I have Visual Studio installed I must be a cheater as well.

I am amazed I managed to decipher that :P

We are not saying those who use AHK scripts to cheat with should get a "get out of jail free card".

All streaming admins are in receipt of suggested PB settings and PBBans issued MD5 scans to combat the players that use AHK for cheating ingame.

Using the suggested PB settings and the additional MD5 scans will ensure that no innocent player raises a PunkBuster™ software cheat violation on a PBBans protected streaming server.

OK man, but what about players using macro, will remain unpunished?

Thanks for the edit :)

You are not a streaming admin at PBBans so I am afraid the inner workings must remain a mystery to you.

Sorry I can not be more helpful.

If you have any particular concerns you would like to discuss create a new topic on our forums rather than clog up comments on a news item.

Thanks in advance.

Total neglect and shameful, players being banned and then unbanned by MACROs, GGC remained bans and congratulations to them, until it seems that the PBBANS is helping the guys should keep the bans

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489605496002/2/

This is the opinion of playersBF,now PBans should respectour opinion,and the minimum ban suchusers macro again, if you guys think macrois something inofenciv makes a difference or not look at this video and draw your conclusions..

(I participate in a Brazilian community BF3, BFbrasil, in which the ADMs use the macro to reduce the recoil of the guns, said they already own, following the macro name than a video is covers ...)

Edited by sirdrako

Total neglect and shameful, players being banned and then unbanned by MACROs, GGC remained bans and congratulations to them, until it seems that the PBBANS is helping the guys should keep the bans

If you got wrongly banned for it I doubt you would share that view.

Too many people think everyone needs to be punished when the better solution is to prevent a cheat from working in the first place.

Right now PB kicks them for using it so they are not getting away with anything, they just can't use it anymore.

Quite the contrary guy friend, my anger is due to bans removed by the use of MACRO that can be considered the same as hacker ..

If you got wrongly banned for it I doubt you would share that view.

Too many people think everyone needs to be punished when the better solution is to prevent a cheat from working in the first place.

Right now PB kicks them for using it so they are not getting away with anything, they just can't use it anymore.

Quite the contrary guy friend, my anger is due to bans removed by the use of MACRO that can be considered the same as hacker ..

So, the innocent people who use the autohotkey macro should be punished because it comes with their legitimate software??

You are seriously misguided! It is unfortunate that there are people like you to wish bad things on people who did nothing wrong.

totally wrong...the action ofPBans

Wouldn't be the first time we took action before Even Balance did:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/viol-79542-bans-removed-bc2-t136903.html

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/viol-50074-bans-removed-cod2-t145852.html

Thank you for this!!

I use AHK for my VPN Net Extender for work, so I can just press F1 and that brings up my VPN and logs me in. After I am done working on the servers I usually close AHK but yesterday I was in the middle of work when friends wanted to play so I just suspended the script for AHK instead of closing it and after 10-15 minutes of playing in a server I was kicked and added to the MBI list. Thank you for lifting this as my AHK script was not tied to BF3 or any other game. So @-IBR-Gen.Venttura this would be a situation where people are innocently banned and they in fact were not cheating.