Viol 50074 Bans Removed (COD2)

MaydaX

We suspended new violations for Aimbot #50074 in Call of Duty 2 a few days ago and removed all bans where the alias ended with a space followed by an "s" because it triggers the violation without using a cheat. Even Balance is aware of the issue and currently looking into it.

18 Call of Duty 2 Bans have been removed from the MBI and unban commands sent out on Aug 21, 2011 for hub streaming servers.

• Upvote 1

But if it means u guys remove the Bans related to the seperated 's', how does it come that evenbalance is still not accepting the fact this error is caused by PB. I need that acceptance so i could convince the GCC staf to remove my ban (with nickname Poffa s). Or is this site and PB and Evenbalance just a total diffrent thing?

We did our own research and found the S triggered that violation and removed the bans. EB did not tell us it was a false positive but we removed them anyway. Better to let a few cheaters go free then to leave innocent players banned.

• Upvote 1

But if it means u guys remove the Bans related to the seperated 's', how does it come that evenbalance is still not accepting the fact this error is caused by PB. I need that acceptance so i could convince the GCC staf to remove my ban (with nickname Poffa s). Or is this site and PB and Evenbalance just a total diffrent thing?

Hi Poffa :)

PBBans is a third party anti cheat site staffed by volunteers.

We are also gamers and in a situation like this a modicum of common sense should be applied.

The aimbot violation #50074 caused by players with a seperated s at the end of their ingame alias is a simple thing to replicate (e.g. Poffa s) and as such PBBans thinks its unsafe and unethical to issue a ban based on a quite obvious detection pattern error.

Because its so easy to replicate, we added #50074 to the exempt list on our systems and it will not be taken off the exempt list untill EB confirm that the issue is resolved and we have tested it out ourselves.

What other anti cheat sites do is entirely out of our control but at PBBans quality always takes precedence over anything else, and enforcing a ban because a player has a seperated s at the end of their ingame alias is not a quality decision by any stretch of the imagination.

PBBans has been in contact with EB staff re this issue, and several members of staff raised a #50074 aimbot violation on their own COD2 cd keys whilst assisting EB to track down the reason why this particular detection pattern is flawed.

I have asked today if there is an update re this issue and am awaiting a reply.

• 2 months later...