Titanfall

SuperTaz

From what I read PC and XBox servers are being hosted by Microsoft Azure which has a limited number of locations.

origin_titanfall.jpg

http://mp1st.com/2014/03/06/titanfall-pre-orders-cancelled-south-africa/

Windows Azure Data Centre Locations

For those of you that want to know the specifics of the Windows Azure Data Centre Locations, this is what I have found:

• North Central US – Chicago, Illinois
  • South Central US – San Antonio, Texas
  • West US – California
  • East US – Virginia
  • North Europe - Dublin, Ireland
  • West Europe - Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • East Asia – Hong Kong
  • Southeast Asia – Singapore

http://matthew.sorvaag.net/2011/06/windows-azure-data-centre-locations/

I have to give them kudos, they are being honest about it, telling the customers, and canceling the preorders.  They could have let everything go through and had a bunch of complaints.  But, they had to cancel them because if EA had another debacle similar to BF4, they may have put a huge dent in its customer base.   I wish other divisions of EA were as forthright about game problems and delayed their start-up until permanent WORKING fixes were made.

It worked great for me. Only 1 slight lag spike, unlike BF4. Maybe Dice needs to send some people over there for some training on how things should work.

Also helps that it uses the source engine which valve has fine tuned over the years.

• Upvote 1

Also helps that it uses the source engine which valve has fine tuned over the years.

That is why I always liked Valve because they constantly update their games even if they are about 10 years old or more. Other game companies, with the exception of Tripwire, do not like updating older games because they just want the $$$$ from newer ones and then move on.

Edit: Xbox One had some issues, it seems:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/03/11/xbox-live-down-on-titanfall-launch-day/?partner=yahootix

It seemed like a smooth launch for Titanfall so far, but just hours after I published my review praising Microsoft and EA for a release free from technical hiccups, Xbox Live has gone down.

Though there’s no official confirmation that the outage is tied to the Titanfall launch, it would be a fairly obvious culprit as millions of players try to access the game on launch day. Titanfall relies heavily on Microsoft’s Azure cloud servers which were going to be used to ensure something like this didn’t happen, but it appears things have gone wrong, as many expected they might.

The service outage has lasted for the better part of an hour now, and Xbox Support says that service is “Limited” right now. “Unable to sign in to Xbox Live on Xbox One?” they say, “We’re on the case to get this issue fixed as soon as possible!”

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/03/17/what-titanfall-launch-problems-mean-for-microsoft.aspx

One of the most anticipated games of the year, Titanfall, developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts, serves as an important exclusive title for Microsoft's Xbox game consoles. However, the game's online-only nature, coupled with its heavy reliance on Microsoft's Azure cloud-computing infrastructure, means that problems in the cloud could potentially render Titanfall unplayable. The launch of Titanfall on March 11 came with some problems as many gamers could not play the game, which added to a growing list of online games that have launched with major technical problems over the past year.

This development certainly did not offer good news for Microsoft. With its Xbox One console well behind Sony's PlayStation 4 in terms of sales, the frustration behind the launch could push even more gamers to Sony's console. As for EA, which botched the launches of SimCity and Battlefield 4 last year, another troubled launch is the last thing that the company needs. While Titanfall's problems seem less severe, the frustration with online-only games makes the industry's current direction look questionable.

Okay, I bought the game and I haven't had any issues at all. I think this is one of the smoothest launches I've seen in years.

I think they are talking more about Xbox One console game release.

I have experienced rare lag and video tearing (not related to the arc grenade) but that is about it. Each time I notice lag, there was a player with high ping playing. As soon as they left, the lag stopped. An odd thing that happens to me is, occasionally, I get a "program not responding" error when I exit. But, that does not affect my game play.

All-in-all, the game is a success for me.

Edited by propbndr

occasionally, I get a "program not responding" error when I exit. But, that does not affect my game play.

thats just because your not supose to exit the game you must now live on the game. lol nice to hear there s not to many issues

However, while the benefits of online multiplayer may be great for some players, it also offers a huge downside in that the game is being met with many cheaters.

However, speaking to fans on Twitter, a member of Respawn Entertainment, Titanfall’s dev team, has confirmed that anti-cheat measures will soon make their way into the game. The calls for some sort of Titanfall anti-cheat measures come after suggestions by Respawn that cheaters would be punished, with a previous tweet from the studio’s official Twitter account explaining that the team are “logging [cheaters]” and that “they will be rooted out shortly.”

We have anti-cheat but it is not enabled yet – it will be soon. This is important to us.

http://gamerant.com/titanfall-cheat-patch-hack/

• Upvote 1

Titanfall uses FairFight to detect cheaters on PC. Since the launch of Titanfall, we've been collecting data on people who are cheating on PC but not immediately enforcing bans. As of Friday, March 21st, that has changed and we have started banning cheaters in Titanfall.

We will be continuing to tweak the algorithm over time to catch more cheaters.

Q.) So what happens if I get banned?

A.) Great news: you get to keep playing Titanfall! Less-great news: you only get to play with other cheaters. You can play with other banned players in something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests. Hopefully the aimbot cheat you paid for really is the best, or these all-cheater matches could be frustrating for you. Good luck.

Q.) If I’m banned, what happens if I make a party with my non-cheater friends?

A.) When anyone in your party is banned, then everyone in your party will be treated as banned for that play session. If you are a non-cheater and you invite a cheater friend into a party, you will be stuck playing against cheaters. If you stop inviting your cheater friend, you will once again get to play with the non-cheater population. You do not get permanently tainted just by playing with a cheater - you are only banned for cheating if you are actually cheating.

Q.) How do I get unbanned?

A.) You can contact [email protected] if you think you've been banned unfairly.

http://www.titanfall.com/news/we-hate-cheaters-just-as-much-as-you-do

I think FairFight is the death knell for EvenBalance.

Doubt it. FL is server sided so it bases it bans on stats etc. It doesn't have the ability to check the client for hooks etc.

Also Infestation aka War Z has Fairfight but the developers contracted PB afterwards. If it was so effective I doubt they would pay more money to contract PB.

• Upvote 2

Doubt it. FL is server sided so it bases it bans on stats etc. It doesn't have the ability to check the client for hooks etc.

Also Infestation aka War Z has Fairfight but the developers contracted PB afterwards. If it was so effective I doubt they would pay more money to contract PB.

That's good news, maybe this might happen with TitanFall then a late inclusion.

Hopfully not go down this path and only use FairFight alone..

4afac7dba68d77d49d1095dc5b088e3a.gif

It doesn't have the ability to check the client for hooks etc.

Yet. Either way, it's more competition in the anti-cheat market. Happy days for consumers.

• 1 month later...

TITANFALL: EXPEDITION – SWAMPLAND

In summer of 2011 Titanfall was embryonic; Pilots could spam explosions with a trigger pull, Titans spawned and respawned and fire teams roamed the maps getting trampled on. In the midst of this, a multiplayer map was born out of the simple message "Make an MP level in a swamp". After years of twists and turns and false starts, DLC ended up being the perfect time to revisit “Swampland”.

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-expedition-swampland?sf25955939=1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...