Thinking about using PBBans - Have questions

CBG

Hi,

We are thinking about using PBBans, but I have some questions

1. In your TOS you have:

3.2 In order to be granted higher access privileges, you must be a registered game admin with full ftp access to your server(s). By accepting this Agreement, you represent that you meet this requirement.

We don't have FTP access to the server, but do have control panel providered by our provider.

2. We are using GGC-Stream, will we be able to use both (PBBans and GGC)?

3. Is there a guide somewhere on the forum to setup PBBans and GGC?

4. If we move providers to another, can we update our account IP:Port for the gameserver, or do we need to setup another server?

Thanks.

Edited by CBG

1. For some games, GSP's do not allow FTP access (i.e. Ranked Games) - Regular Admin access via control panel is allowed.

2. Yes, you can multistream your servers.

3. Yes, Hub Beginners Guide and Hub Streaming Guide

4. If you change IP you can simply remove the old server and add the new one with the new details.

And here is our SGA Application Page

• Upvote 2

Hello there :)

1. In your TOS you have:

We don't have FTP access to the server, but do have control panel providered by our provider.

A control panel will do just fine. The mention of ftp access stems mainly from older games that had server files availible.

2. We are using GGC-Stream, will we be able to use both (PBBans and GGC)?

Yes, you can stream to both without problems.

3. Is there a guide somewhere on the forum to setup PBBans and GGC?

There are more than a few threads on the subject. The gist of the matter, however, is that you simply need to add our pbucon profiles into the pbsvuser.cfg, next to the ones from ggc.

4. If we move providers to another, can we update our account IP:Port for the gameserver, or do we need to setup another server?

Once you have a team account set up with us, you can add and remove servers from it as you please.

:ninja:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Still looking at PBBans and have some more questions

1. Our website, is a Portal/Forum, which is for members only, our team roaster, is also in the members only area, is this a problem?

2. I read somewhere that, you want out roaster of players, how is this provided to you?

3. How do I get my GUID for the application form?

I think that everything.

Regards,

garry

A roster needs to be viewable on your website. If there is a reason your website is locked down you can provide PBBans with an account that we can use to visit your site.

Most people simply make a general viewable read-only section on their forums which also contains a forum post for the roster.

You should be able to get your guid from your server pb logs or through procon or another admin tool.