Server Hosting

LtMatt

I need to change from my current host, begins with M and ends in Y.

Suggestions welcome please for reliable hosts. Game is battlefield 3 will be a 48 slot server.

Edited by LtMatt

http://www.killercreation.co.uk/ all the way m8, support is supurb and you can speak to someone usally straight away between most hours of the day on IRC.

Monday - Friday

10:00 - 22:00 Ticket support

16:00 - 22:00 IRC live Support

Saturday - Sunday

16:00 - 22:00 Ticket support

Edited by CR-Typhoon
  • Upvote 1

Gaming deluxe and kc recently merged. I'm with KC and I think they are excellent :)

Three votes to 0 has just swung it for me. I decided not to do anything last night. Wanted to give m****** a chance to do something but they are just ignoring it. Pretty gutted as i spent months getting where i am now, id rather start again now than have this trouble ever again though.

Cheers all.

Can I ask why you are moving from M-Y?

I'd rather not say. Still hoping to sort out my issues with them though if possible. Just got setup on killer creation. I have to admit i found it a bit daunting at first. I was so used to clanforge. Ill see how it goes i have a couple of weeks to decide whether i switch or not.

I'd rather not say. Still hoping to sort out my issues with them though if possible. Just got setup on killer creation. I have to admit i found it a bit daunting at first. I was so used to clanforge. Ill see how it goes i have a couple of weeks to decide whether i switch or not.

TCAdmin is a very easy control panel to use and KC's support on IRC is excellent and pretty much instant during support hours.

I do not regret switching from MPUK to KC one second, it's like going from McDonald's to a decent restaurant :)

TCAdmin is a very easy control panel to use and KC's support on IRC is excellent and pretty much instant during support hours.

I do not regret switching from MPUK to KC one second, it's like going from McDonald's to a decent restaurant :)

Yeah ive already been pestering support. Trouble is i got so used to clanforge, even a dumbass like me knew what he was doing. Now it feels like im a virgin again. I couldnt even figure out how to start the server.

Edited by LtMatt

Gaming deluxe and kc recently merged. I'm with KC and I think they are excellent :)

http://www.killercreation.co.uk/ all the way m8, support is supurb and you can speak to someone usally straight away between most hours of the day on IRC.

Monday - Friday

10:00 - 22:00 Ticket support

Saturday - Sunday

16:00 - 22:00 Ticket support

KillerCreation :)

Any idea guys why my server shows as 48/32? Its the killer creation one. One thing i did notice i selected one map to start with then added the others myself via procon. It would only let me select a 32 man map for rush in killer creation game panel.

I've selected a mixture of conquest large and rush maps but this is what i see in procon.post-164065-0-48850200-1332760962_thumb.jpg

Its on a conquest large map at the moment. I'm worried that when the rush maps get played 16 players will get the heave ho.

Edited by LtMatt

Any idea guys why my server shows as 48/32? Its the killer creation one. One thing i did notice i selected one map to start with then added the others myself via procon. It would only let me select a 32 man map for rush in killer creation game panel.

I've selected a mixture of conquest large and rush maps but this is what i see in procon.Untitled.jpg

Its on a conquest large map at the moment. I'm worried that when the rush maps get played 16 players will get the heave ho.

Because rush mode is in 'theory' limited to 32 players it shows up that way in ProCon. It's nothing to worry about and players won't get kicked because of it.

If you have 'vars.maxPlayers 48' set in your Startup.txt file everything should be fine.

Edited by Twiebie
  • Upvote 1

Because rush mode is in 'theory' limited to 32 players it shows up that way in ProCon. It's nothing to worry about and players won't get kicked because of it.

If you have 'vars.maxPlayers 48' set in your Startup.txt file everything should be fine.

I have got vars.maxplayers 48 set in my startup. I'm using the adaptive server size plugin just double checked my settings and im sure they're right. Will have to wait for the next rush map to pop up to check.

Edited by LtMatt

Are you sure you can't set the maximum size for rush higher than 32 in the Adaptive Server Sizing plugin?

I'm not using the plugin for Rush (I only run CL) but it does allow me to set it to 48.

ass-max-rush_1.png

Are you sure you can't set the maximum size for rush higher than 32 in the Adaptive Server Sizing plugin?

I'm not using the plugin for Rush (I only run CL) but it does allow me to set it to 48.

ass-max-rush_1.png

Ok. Checked my settings i could change the rush size once i changed the maximum server size in adaptive. However this is why. I have to select a stock Rush map to start the server, and its limiting me to 32 players. There is only 32 man rush option, or conquest large etc. No other rush options from what i can see.post-164065-0-89000700-1332766602_thumb.jpg

What's the content of your maplist.txt file?

Oh, btw: 'vars.maxPlayers 48' hasn't got a '#' in front of the line, has it?

MP_001 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_003 RushLarge0 2

MP_012 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_018 RushLarge0 2

MP_007 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_Subway RushLarge0 2

MP_013 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_007 RushLarge0 2

MP_011 ConquestLarge0 1

MP_012 RushLarge0 2

MP_Subway ConquestLarge0 1

MP_001 RushLarge0 2