seen this in logs - what is it ??

TALON1973

is this a cheat ?

[05.29.2006 21:37:49] VIOLATION (CVAR) #9001: Need Adena >_< (slot #8) Cvar r_picmip = 3 [9fd379677acd09ff2e35c5a44904a710(VALID:111) 194.109.199.210:57205]

[05.28.2006 18:16:32] VIOLATION (CVAR) #9001: ^1M.^7I.^1T (slot #11) Cvar r_picmip = 3 [63ba5ea46b234a3f0094789b410845bc(VALID:32) 85.145.80.99:27960]

[05.28.2006 05:06:13] VIOLATION (CVAR) #9001: ^ik^ti^ill^te^irb^to^iy (slot #17) Cvar end_esp = 2 [9fa6568b3ccd7bcd3e91184c5ce51cae(?) 81.247.100.117:27960]

also i'm getting a bucket load of packet loss kicks ( losing key packets and packet flow loss ) AND console saying they have prior kick/bans and that with members as well :huh: :huh: :huh: :blink:

I recommend you not to enable kicking.

05.29.2006 21:37:49] VIOLATION (CVAR) #9001: Need Adena >_

[05.28.2006 18:16:32] VIOLATION (CVAR) #9001: ^1M.^7I.^1T (slot #11) Cvar r_picmip = 3 [63ba5ea46b234a3f0094789b410845bc(VALID:32) 85.145.80.99:27960]

No. Its extreme tweak and stock cvar.

[05.28.2006 05:06:13] VIOLATION (CVAR) #9001: ^ik^ti^ill^te^irb^to^iy (slot #17) Cvar end_esp = 2 [9fa6568b3ccd7bcd3e91184c5ce51cae(?) 81.247.100.117:27960]

this is a cheat cvar.

Seems to be alot of this since the latest PB updates, one added sending screenshots every minute and is something that seems to be causing lots of spikes. The Jolt servers would be fine for a bit then we would lose players left right and centre with no warning cause of PB packet loss.

Seems to be alot of this since the latest PB updates, one added sending screenshots every minute and is something that seems to be causing lots of spikes. The Jolt servers would be fine for a bit then we would lose players left right and centre with no warning cause of PB packet loss.

yep and whats worse is that its completely out of the server admins control .. i am considering running Jolt servers with pb_sv_AutoSs 0 untill i hear of something resembling normality appearing again .. first the cod2 fiasco which is still ongoing and now this .. its only the cheaters that are getting much fun out of gaming lately

:(

*** in fact i made it so .. pbss now disabled***

Yeah has been frustrating, and it's appreciated that its beyond server admins, but instead they have to suffer the complaints, as players get kicked, lag so bad that they warp, lag and find that they turn 90 degrees when trying to strafe and shoot. I'm bad at times but others get worse reactions on the servers than I do.

so regarding this particular log :-

i'm assuming he's not banned atm. how would i add him to the banned list ?

and how would disabling pbss make things better in the loss packet stakes ? sorry if i'm being dumb :(

Ello mate if your streaming then it would get added to the list from what I understand, and then using the PBBANS master index to generate a ppbans.dat for the server

<a href="http://www.pbbans.com/Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)).php?action=2&game_id=2" target="_blank">http://www.pbbans.com/Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)).php?action=2&game_id=2</a>

Download pbmanager.exe and use it to merge the bans with your own one from your server so you keep any you have added for being idiots etc.

pbmanager on forum

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16980

Then upload the merged one to your server and in console /rcon pb_sv_loadbanlist or hlsw type pb_sv_loadbanlist (I think thats the command I have it scripted in my server script so it does it each time server starts.

Not had time to do the fully automated process where you can install the PBBans Admin Tool (PAT) or JPAT tool to pull the bans from PBBANS master index as they are added/scheduled

Edited by Raistlin

well ive just been going to the Master Ban Index (MBI) section . doing " generate banlist " . which seem s to indicate i'm not contributing , although that probably means the ones i see from my server in the "recent bans" section are already included .

i then click on "download masterlist" and go into my FTP and just overwrite the pbbans dat file withthe updated one.

and then just leave it till the following day to do the same thing again.. havn't done the /pb_sv_loadbanlist command at all .

i'm i doing it wrong ?

If you haven't restarted the server and you don't have the reload as part of the server config, then it will need to be reloaded as they are kept in memory and any temp bans would be lost everytime you overwrite your pbbans.dat and then reload, hence the merge

I would recommend the following being in your config

PB_SV_AutoUpdBan 1 [0=no, 1=yes]

Set to 1 (defaults to 0) if you want PB to automatically update the permanent ban file (pbbans.dat) after each change to the banlist in memory

PB_SV_BanLoad [optional filename]

Loads a PB Ban List from the specified file; if no filename specified, then pbbans.dat is loaded

That is the reason why I merge the two, or you can alway save the PBBANS list to pbbans2.dat and set it to load both files, but I just merge only takes an extra minute and I keep any temp bans for spanwkilling etc.

And typical should have checked the evenbalance website before I posted the parameter first time :-), the pb_sv_banload is correct

regards Raist

well ive just been going to the Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI))) section . doing " generate banlist " . which seem s to indicate i'm not contributing , although that probably means the ones i see from my server in the "recent bans" section are already included .

i then click on "download masterlist" and go into my FTP and just overwrite the pbbans dat file withthe updated one.

and then just leave it till the following day to do the same thing again.. havn't done the /pb_sv_loadbanlist command at all .

i'm i doing it wrong ?

Edited by Raistlin

well ive just been going to the Master Ban Index (MBI) section . doing " generate banlist " . which seem s to indicate i'm not contributing , although that probably means the ones i see from my server in the "recent bans" section are already included .

i'm i doing it wrong ?

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=10485 .. of course your contributing :)

from what i remember PB_SV_AutoUpdBan 1 is already part of your pbsv.cfg

when you go to the mbi and click generate banlist ..it generates the most up to date banlist for that paticular game .. just download it to your desktop and add in any local bans you have in your own pbbans.dat then upload to your server (overwriting the one on there) pb_sv_restart- job done, thats the easiest way for you i think :)

http://www.pbbans.com/Master Ban Index (MBI).php?action=5&ban_id=10485 .. of course your contributing :)

from what i remember PB_SV_AutoUpdBan 1 is already part of your pbsv.cfg

when you go to the Master Ban Index (MBI) and click generate banlist ..it generates the most up to date banlist for that paticular game .. just download it to your desktop and add in any local bans you have in your own pbbans.dat then upload to your server (overwriting the one on there) pb_sv_restart- job done, thats the easiest way for you i think :)

when you say "local bans" , are you talking about the ones we do using " !ban bla bla spawnkilling " ?

its just i'd have thought they would be kept seperate as thats not a hack . damn i really need to study more on my admin lol.

and is the pbban.dat on my server auto-updated by itself ?

It all gets saved to the ban list and if you have it saved to the pbbans.dat with autoupdate then yes they would be there. PB also uses this for temp bans 2 minutes etc for PB kicks or in Jolt admins cases when they kick for 666 for spawnkilling, before maybe banning them fully.

you could do pb_sv_banlist and look at the total numbers but like I said that also gives any temp bans that you might add in game and depends on how old your list if compared to Master Ban Index (MBI) on pbbans.

Don't think there is an easy way to see if you have applied all of pbbans list otherwise