Retrieve alias name automatically?

Singh400

I just submitted this PBSS and as you can see the player name isn't listed on the PBSS, which happens sometime.

However, during the submission process the system refuses to accept the submission without an alias listed in the respective text box. Why can't the system just grab the PB_GUID from the PBSS and perform an internal lookup? At the moment all I do is just search the MPI for the PB_GUID myself and paste the alias across.

The PBSS is then accepted, but the alias isn't displayed at the end (see screenshot) so what was the point of me adding the alias manually?

Ndmb3yI.png

With the MPi being so big I don't trust it to get the right alias automatically. However I changed it so that if it doesn't find an alias it will put "Blank" in the alias name.

With the MPi being so big I don't trust it to get the right alias automatically. However I changed it so that if it doesn't find an alias it will put "Blank" in the alias name.

Well the alias doesn't really matter, only thing that really matters is the PB_GUID right? I don't know what the internal API is of PBBans, but we can already extract the PB_GUID with ease. So performing a search with PB_GUID should be easy enough, and then if result set comes back with > 1 just grab the last modified/last streamed?

Alternatively, just deprecate the need for alias?

Edit* (blank) is fine too. Whatever works, just it bugs me that the system specifically asks for it when not present in the PBSS and then ignores it anyway xD

Edited by Singh400

It grabs all the info by looking up the MD5 checksum of the pbss and matches it to the log. Guid info shown on the pbss can be modified so we don't use them when verifying log data.

• Upvote 4

It grabs all the info by looking up the MD5 checksum of the pbss and matches it to the log. Guid info shown on the pbss can be modified so we don't use them when verifying log data.

Ah I see, then (blank) is fine by me. Cheers mate!

• 1 month later...