Question on Screen

Stormy

I think I have one other of the of the W3sleySnipe guy which came in shortly before these two screen and it looks normal. I know I don't have any of the fuzz guy. I never thought about the intro movie! LOL I guess I"m always so anxious to get playing and get dead over and over again that I always escape out of the movie part! <G>

I also have another couple of interesting screens that I don't know what to make of. They show just the information wirting at the bottom and and next to "result" it says screen captured failed. All of the rest of the guy's screens are simply black in the actual top part where the image should be. I didn't think anything of those as I read where pb can't get screens off of some video cards and also will get the black screens if someone is tabbed out of game. This guy was actively playing so I knew it wasn't the tabbed out of game thing going on so I just figured he had one of those video cards. If that is the case though, should these screens that have just the image info on them also have the image as all black?

post-104389-1168716909_thumb.png

post-104389-1168716931_thumb.png

OK now I have a another question regarding those first balck and white screens that you all said might be the intro movie. How on earth is pb on my server getting screens of that when by all accounts they haven't even selected a server to go into yet to play on? Wouldn't that be impossible?

OK now I have a another question regarding those first balck and white screens that you all said might be the intro movie. How on earth is pb on my server getting screens of that when by all accounts they haven't even selected a server to go into yet to play on? Wouldn't that be impossible?

Yeah I think we would all like to know the answer to that question.It just doesn't make sense that pbss's would show that.

Edited by wth

It is possible. Scenario: Guy loads BF2, connects to your server...then hits <esc>. He is now at his menu screen when the SS was taken. I've seen this as well, and I don't see it as a problem.

What's even more strange is if they <Alt+Tab> to their desktop you can get 320x240 shots of the centre of their desktop image... :blink:

When we were testing our pbss's using BF2RA I caught a shot of one of our admins' X-fire conversation!

EDIT: Here's one we just got, as an exmaple...Click

Edited by =SoE= Ken-Doka

Yeah, I've got a lot with xfire chat going on in them -- almost feel like a peeping tom (or jane in my case) when I get those! Have seen people looking at their unlocks etc. I pretty much figured those were normal. I had one today with an error message telling the guy he had to disconnect from server before he could do whatever it was he was trying to do. I had pretty much that the all black screens were issues with video drivers as they say screen capture corrupted at the bottom. Now today I got one that you could see the guys kit menu on the left as normal but where the map should be was nothing but gray. I'm not even sure what to begin to htink about that one -- ie. should I ignore it or should I report it. I'm so new to gaming and now being an admin, sometimes it's just plain hard to know. At this point I want to go with the notion of ask the question and risk appearing the fool rather than let something suspect go on and not catch something. at the same time, I don't want to go just willy nilly banning anybosy on suspician -- I'm a proof kind of person and I guess that's why I'm here. You all can make the determination and I trust your judgement. You've all been doing this a heck of a lot longer than I have! I just hope ya'll don't get tired of all my submissions/posts/questions and the like! :)

Please keep asking. I'm still hoping someone comes on and says, "What do you think this is?" and we find a way of stopping the commander's hack. Besides, like you said, better to be safe than hacked...

OK the black and whites. when in game hit esc, close the little box in the midle of screen. you are still connected to server and ps_ss will still be taken.