PunkBuster coming to Medal of Honor

MaydaX

eb_moh.png

Medal of Honor will be added to our systems upon release.

Electronic Arts Inc. has contracted with Even Balance, Inc. to integrate PunkBuster

Excellent!

I'm very much hoping that the multiplayer of this new "Medal of Honor" is going to be good.

We need something to replace the Call of Duty franchise that has turned into crap!

(I've heard rumors that even though CoD:Black Ops will have dedi servers, it may be subscription based!!!)

Thanks for the info, MaydaX.

(I've heard rumors that even though CoD:Black Ops will have dedi servers, it may be subscription based!!!)

I wouldn't put too much faith in any speculation along these lines unless it was officially announced.

I heard a rumor that Black Ops may be subscription based.

I wouldn't put too much faith in any speculation along these lines unless it was officially announced.

I know that you can't believe everything that you read on the Internet, but here's one reference:

"The massive profits from World of Warcraft continue to entice Activision. The company has several times alluded to a desire to turn Call of Duty into-subscription based services. Activision reiterated that desire in a call about their 2009 financial results today, though it still sounds a long ways off."

"If you think about the success that we've had in other product categories on subscription," said Activision CEO Bobby Kotick, "you can get a sense of the direction that we want to take that franchise."

Source: http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/702499/subscription-based-call-of-duty-brought-up-again-.html#ixzz0rFXVTPki

I just hope it isn't true, or doesn't happen, cause I definitely will NOT be buying the game if it does....

Edited by CosmicBlue

Excellent!

I'm very much hoping that the multiplayer of this new "Medal of Honor" is going to be good.

aX.

Have you tried the MoH Demo?

It is a very, very poor copy of Bad Company2.

Have you tried the MoH Demo?

It is a very, very poor copy of Bad Company2.

I am disappointed in it. It's not the same MOH that we all knew from before. I am sure the single player will be okay/good. I hope not too short. The mp is a slow bf, cod, tom clancy game. I think dicr screwed the pooch on using bc2 as its base.

• 3 weeks later...

@Maydax

I swore I read on FPSadmin that you posted you had no intentions of supporting MoH? Did you change your mind?

That is true. By support I am referring to making extra tools like server search, web tool etc. Most likely we will add basic streaming but that's about it. Same will most likely be for any game that has no public server files.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

don't think they are going away

Unless PBSS are fixed, MoH will be the same as BC2 and expect BF3 to produce nothing but black SS since it will not support DX9. Providing they use PB :P

• 1 month later...
Medal of Honor also supports PunkBuster. It is up to each server administrator to enable this option on his or her server. However, if the server is ranked, then PunkBuster is mandatory. We have sent out pre-release game builds to the following organizations to ensure compatibility with streaming services before launch:

- PBBans

- GGC-Stream

- PunksBusted

There is also an option to to reserve dedicated server slots on the game server. Each reserve slot will replace a normal spectate slot. Spectators will be allowed to free-flight around the map, however there is no 1st/3rd person spectate option as well as no demo recording feature.

http://www.medalofhonor.com/node/1367

• Upvote 1

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2010/09/objective-raid

PC Open BETA

Start Date: October 4 | End Date: October 7, 11:59 PDT

Grab your MREs and prepare to spend four days playing two new maps and modes for the multiplayer version of Medal of Honor. Anyone can download and play. All that is required is an EA Account when you launch the game and to accept the beta agreement.

Recommended System Requirements

Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7. Processor: QuadCore 2.0Ghz. Memory: 2GB RAM+. Video Card: A video card with 512MB of VRAM and one of the following chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260; ATI Raedeon 4870. HDD Space: 2GB. Soundcard: Soundcard with DirectX 10 compatibility. DirectX: DirectX 10. Disc Drive: 16X CD/DVD Drive.

PC OPEN BETA

PB is installed by default - and then comes up with an error. The game does not yet exist in the dropdown PB client menu.

Ignore for now or what do you guys recommend?

• 2 weeks later...