PunkBuster coming to Battlefield Heroes

MaydaX

EA = Fail.

as does tryarch

Another game down the drain, lets hope it do not get any PB support, seriously....

Hmm what do you mean??

Edited by jimbouk1977

Hmm what do you mean??

My writing so i guess that goes to me, I mean exactly that, yet another poor coded game that get tossed to EB to correct all its flaws and bugs for hackers to abuse.

And that is more or less what i wrote as well ;)

Looking at the latest news about BF 1943 it would appear that a lot of the things implimented in Heroes have been taken to 1943. Maybe Heroes wasn't a waste of development money after all!

I was a big fan of Heroes during the Beta stage but got bored of it very quickly. I think EA were hoping that it would be a popular 'for an hour or so's fun'. However, if you have a large group of friends that like to play alongside each other then it's not for you, or at least not if stays in the same format as the beta test. You are placed on a random server according to your skill level and there is no auto balance facility! Often people are ending up on a server with 7v1 or worse.

To be fair, I haven't played the latest Beta (who'd have thought there'd be two betas!) so I can't say what changes have been made. Personally I think I'll wait for 1943 to arrive as it's already in some advanced stages and for only

I hope they left out the advertisements system :D Unless 1943 is going to be free also?

2142 wasn't free, and it had advertisements.

Knowing EA, it'll probably have some :rolleyes:

2142 wasn't free, and it had advertisements.

Knowing EA, it'll probably have some :rolleyes:

Could have sworn they scrapped the system before it went live in BF2142. Don't know wth they thinking anyways.. just cuz some poster can be found in a game, not making me go buy a soda or whatever crap they trying to sell.. Oh that's right, they aren't thinking.. they just see the $$$ come in. :D

Your Battlefield Heroes Beta Key!

Congratulations!

Your application to beta test Battlefield Heroes has been approved.

I'll probably check it out tomorrow , just for the fun of it . :P

fragger , it s a game for children IMO .

graphics are good , gameplay is a bit bland

tanks & jeeps move right along ; and I did manage to jump into a plane for a few seconds........ before crashing out-of-bounds

No , I don't think I will be returning to that particular realm in the gaming world

I'll rate it a 3 out of 5 stars for graphics

• 3 weeks later...

I just got accepted into the beta, I'll report back when I've played it tomorrow ;)

Edit:

Played it for roughly an hour, my first impression:

Nothing too serious, just a simple and still fun, 3rd person shooter.

Been playing it for a couple of weeks. Average IMO. Nothing stands out to me as being great, and I still dislike games running in my web browser.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently, the beta servers are hosted by the usual game server hosts (game.co.uk, 4netplayers, and a couple of new server hosts). When the game is officially launched, the servers will have to be hosted individually, like all the other games in the BF series. You can currently pre-order a server and get 14 beta keys, which is how I got into the beta. You will need an EA account to create a soldier on Heroes, and for the banning part, there will be IP Bans, and if anyone tries to bypass the ban, he will receive a hardware ban, just like evenbalance did for warrock.

I hope that I have been of some help,

Oliver

Edited by xX_Epidemic_Xx

Been playing it for a couple of weeks. Average IMO. Nothing stands out to me as being great, and I still dislike games running in my web browser.

average is being kind.

and i concur on the dislike for web browser games

it is done slightly better than

Quake Live as far as the screen. the little window in the broswer page of Quake Live is annoying

Edited by HSMagnet

average is being kind.

and i concur on the dislike for web browser games

it is done slightly better than

Quake Live as far as the screen. the little window in the broswer page of Quake Live is annoying

Play it in full screen - there is an option to do that once the game has started. Top left I think once you have joined a server, before you click "join game".

Game is only windowed when your picking missions/changing settings/ among other things. Once your ingame it goes full screen.

Server's seem to crashing a helluva a lot.

I still fail to see the point of it - what difference is there to Quake III, other than having to launch your web browser, navigate to the page, then play it.

Seems more of a fiddle to play than clicking a desktop icon. It's not like it's quicker to install or requires less downloads either.

I still fail to see the point of it - what difference is there to Quake III, other than having to launch your web browser, navigate to the page, then play it.

Seems more of a fiddle to play than clicking a desktop icon. It's not like it's quicker to install or requires less downloads either.

I thought I was the only sceptic B)

• 3 years later...