PunkBuster coming to Battlefield Heroes

MaydaX

eb_bfheroes.png

EA Digital Illusions CE AB has contracted with Even Balance, Inc. to integrate PunkBuster Anti-Cheat software into the soon to be released "Play 4 Free" cartoon-style shooter known as Battlefield Heroes. We will soon be opening a section on our website to support PunkBuster for Battlefield Heroes.

Yea very good!!!The game would die without an anticheat software.But iam wondering how you can ban someone without a unique cd key.

Yea very good!!!The game would die without an anticheat software.But iam wondering how you can ban someone without a unique cd key.

Not even sure if you can even host your own server

TPCG: How do the servers work, will it be like other BF games where you can browse a list of servers?

BC: We haven

I guess since u you will be able to download it... well... there maybe a cd-key coming with it... I know... it's for free... but even so... there are many ways to ban someone... I guess... or not...

BUT! I'm looking foward to this game! It will be crazy fun! FUN FUN FUN!

see yall later!

gr Bruno

Guess you need to reg an account in good old EA style, then it will be a bit more hard to get hold of new CD-keys all the time as in other free games out there.

Lets hope we don't get so much reduced fog submissions in the game ;)

So can we run dedicated Servers for this game ???

I thought EA would be running all the servers ???

That's what I read and if true PBBans will only support it clientside like Warrock. There hasn't been any official details how servers will work.

I believe isnt this the game that says its free but if you want better weapons or something you have to pay?

I am gonna try it out just to see what its about.

EA DICE's upcoming free-to-play PC shooter Battlefield Heroes has been delayed and is now expected to arrive late this year, publisher Electronic Arts announced today. EA CEO John Riccitiello announced that the game would now launch at the end of 2008, with the developers shifting focus to implementing better "social networking features."

Also EALA's squad-based first-person shooter Tiberium (PC, PS3, Xbox 360) has been delayed, publisher Electronic Arts today revealed in a conference call to investors. The latest word from Electronic Arts positions the title in its 2010 fiscal year, which runs from April 1, 2009 to March 31, 2010. No further information was offered as to the cause of the delay.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=25664

Think about Enemy Territory ;)

I don't believe EA would release a game with out making a couple bucks on it. Maybe they'll just charge for partnership for servers.

Edited by Vital

Does anyone know if you will be able to buy servers for BF Heroes?

If you can only play by being put onto a random server without your friends by EA, this game will blow!

Em

Hello,

(have checked the REALLY long beta rules and various public announcements so it's all good)

There is going to be a 'friends' system so you can play alongside your buddies. The intelligent server selection will have your friends list as one of its criteria. Can't say much more without losing my beta key but it's awesome!

Advertising will pay for most of the game just the way the other 'play for free' games do. More info will be released by EA soon. Keep an eye on the bf heroes websites:

BF Heroes.org

Official EA BF Heroes Site

Cheers,

Pegasus

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its taking too long.. the hype is dying. Also EA wont release as many games this years they announces since the economy crash. Well its for the best i guess. I just hope this game will still be free when it releases.

I got an EA Betafield Heroes email now, just to tell me nothing, they will do some testing in and maybe realise something February, wow how exciting.... NOT.

Another game down the drain, lets hope it do not get any PB support, seriously....