PunkBuster coming to Battlefield 3

MaydaX

eb_bf3.png

PunkBuster

BF3 will use PunkBuster as its anti-cheat system. Game servers that run in ranked mode are required to have PunkBuster active.

There have been problems with the PunkBuster screenshot mechanism under DirectX 10/11 in the past. However, we have collaborated with EvenBalance to make screenshots function reliably with DX10/DX11 in BF3.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1419188-first-look-bf3-pc-game-servers.html

Battlefield 3 will be added to our systems upon release.

Account signatures have been added.

mdx_game_bf3.png

pbb_dark_game_bf3.png

Battlefield 3 will be added to our systems upon release providing streaming works correctly.

Will be nice getting away from VAC, and back to an anticheat that I/we can actually run a background check on ppl on our servers! Flying blind w/ VAC has been for the birds.

butt

Great news lets hope DICE give the same support as they did with BFBC2 and we should have a solid streaming system at release.

:blink: the one and only reason that BFBC2 PB issues were resolved as quickly as they were was Kalms, a very rare commodity these days .... a game dev that gives a f*** and took the time to learn about streaming, what it does, and how important it is to server admins.

EA/DICE need to get their act together and instead of spouting the usual "we take ingame cheating very seriously" blurb, they need to actually show how serious they are by creating a list of trusted anti cheat sites (or trusted anti cheat site representatives) and getting those all important server files thouroughly tested prior to the game release, rather than "on the fly" troubleshooting that we have had to employ on the recent EA releases.

The time for prodding those faceless EA suits is now ........... community representatives please take note.

• Upvote 4

eb_bf3.png

Russian Battlefield Community Manager Eugene "Joe" Olenev stated that Battlefield 3 will be using PunkBuster during a interview with BF3comUA.

http://soundcloud.com/kononovigor/bf3comua-interview-with-joe

Battlefield 3 will be added to our systems upon release providing streaming works correctly.

Okay, i ive got couple of question about this. How is gonna work pb becouse we already know on dx10 and dx11 unable to make pb screenshoot i mean its possible but we are getting black shoot? And will be the same crap optimisation like in battledield bad company 2? I mean unable to put restriction against autohotkey macros etc? Will be support on this or something?

Okay, i ive got couple of question about this. How is gonna work pb becouse we already know on dx10 and dx11 unable to make pb screenshoot i mean its possible but we are getting black shoot? And will be the same crap optimisation like in battledield bad company 2? I mean unable to put restriction against autohotkey macros etc? Will be support on this or something?

Those are questions for http://www.evenbalance.com not PBBans :)

Hi,

I'm wondering if this is true. Looks like this is a false news. Hopefully not.

http://battlefieldo.com/clearing-up-the-punkbuster-issue/

The masters and ban server have been online for a while now.

Pinging bf3-b.evenbalance.com [66.180.170.20] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 66.180.170.20: bytes=32 time=92ms TTL=46

Pinging bf31.evenbalance.com [66.180.170.20] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 66.180.170.20: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=46

Pinging bf32.evenbalance.com [72.51.47.18] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 72.51.47.18: bytes=32 time=132ms TTL=51

There is a chance they could change their minds but I really doubt it at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

The masters and ban server have been online for a while now.

There is a chance they could change their minds but I really doubt it at this point.

Good news.

Thank you for clearing this up!

I just hope this battlefield will have battle recorder like bf2 or some way for us to demo and submit suspected hackers because in bc2 you can only go off your best judgement i am tired of hackers ruining games

Edited by kolohe

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like they have fixed the screen shot problem at well A first look at BF3 PC game servers

BF3 will use PunkBuster as its anti-cheat system. Game servers that run in ranked mode are required to have PunkBuster active.

There have been problems with the PunkBuster screenshot mechanism under DirectX 10/11 in the past. However, we have collaborated with EvenBalance to make screenshots function reliably with DX10/DX11 in BF3.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they have fixed the screen shot problem at well A first look at BF3 PC game servers

Awesome news, even though it's taken years to fix the problem, better late than never, late stages of BF2 were a nightmare with black PBSS with players using Vista as there operating systems it really messed them up.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I ran across a quote on the guru3d forums and that is the only place I can find it, as other site quote from THEM, not pbans BF3 hackers already at i

. t ReLaps3 claims he got it from someone who works for punkbuster.

At PBbans we have been working behind the scenes with several developers to help rid the online plague of cheaters and repeat offenders..

1, our first step was to form an alliance with VAC which we have done

2, we coded and developed a way to convert any EA ban to a EAGUID ban, so once you get banned by one EA game you're banned on all of them that are streaming thru our system.

3, This is being tested thru Tripwire and several other game developers, including BF3 we caught our first beta cheater on the 8th, and pb wasn't even active, but the server was streaming to us.

4, When new cheats come out, we will decompile them give them to the dev's to make a temp ban number which we will put in our system within a couple days of the cheat hitting the online play, then the devs will include this into their list of things to add to their next patch along with PB on their next update. While we are already banning players.

5, All VAC bans all 800,000 of them are being converted into the same GUID forms that we did the EAGUID bans, so each VAC ban will be given a VACGUID but this will not be game engine limited like the past, this will be across the board, and in turn all of our PBGUID's, VAC is doing the same to theirs..

so the cost of cheating for the new round of games has just got a little bit tougher, not only are we working much closer with the devs and each other, but now the devs legal teams are going directly after the site owners themselves to top things off..

I hope they enjoyed their run, because they better run..

I hope no one here uses those sites, because our new scan methods you don't even have to have the cheat enabled if it's on your box, you're caught..

Wondering if this too good to be true? Thanks.

Edited by gamesturbator

I ran across a quote on the guru3d forums and that is the only place I can find it, as other site quote from THEM, not pbans BF3 hackers already at i

. t ReLaps3 claims he got it from someone who works for punkbuster.

At PBbans we have been working behind the scenes with several developers to help rid the online plague of cheaters and repeat offenders..

1, our first step was to form an alliance with VAC which we have done

2, we coded and developed a way to convert any EA ban to a EAGUID ban, so once you get banned by one EA game you're banned on all of them that are streaming thru our system.

3, This is being tested thru Tripwire and several other game developers, including BF3 we caught our first beta cheater on the 8th, and pb wasn't even active, but the server was streaming to us.

4, When new cheats come out, we will decompile them give them to the dev's to make a temp ban number which we will put in our system within a couple days of the cheat hitting the online play, then the devs will include this into their list of things to add to their next patch along with PB on their next update. While we are already banning players.

5, All VAC bans all 800,000 of them are being converted into the same GUID forms that we did the EAGUID bans, so each VAC ban will be given a VACGUID but this will not be game engine limited like the past, this will be across the board, and in turn all of our PBGUID's, VAC is doing the same to theirs..

so the cost of cheating for the new round of games has just got a little bit tougher, not only are we working much closer with the devs and each other, but now the devs legal teams are going directly after the site owners themselves to top things off..

I hope they enjoyed their run, because they better run..

I hope no one here uses those sites, because our new scan methods you don't even have to have the cheat enabled if it's on your box, you're caught..

Wondering if this too good to be true? Thanks.

Points 1 and 5 have never happened (and probably never will).

Point 2 is a little misworded. Because BC2, MOH, and BF3 (soon) all use the same GUID, we have given the server admins who stream their servers here the option of enforcing a ban for any of the 3 games on one game. This only works for PBBans streaming servers, and the server admin has to enable it.

4. We do get cheats submitted to us pretty regularly. We then provided MD5 checks for certain parts of the cheat download and provide them for server admins to run on their server. We also forward cheats on to evenbalance so that the cheats can get researched and proper PB violations can be created.

Well, if that is true, then it will be a great day for the anticheat communities for all games, whether they are VAC or PB protected, or both. :)

In the past PB slowed my system to a crawl as it scanned files. I have a LOT of partitions with different OS's installed. But not sure about how to feel about that last bit

because our new scan methods you don't even have to have the cheat enabled if it's on your box, you're caught..
as it will never finish scanning my system LOL

Actually, that part of the quote is the reason I questioned it's authenticity. People may have some of these programs on their system so they can study how the programs doing their damage, with no intention of actually using them outside a test environment. But I'm such a noob at this stuff, so what do I know?

Ah, just saw your reply. Thanks. I need to rage on that guy on guru3d ;p

Edited by gamesturbator

• 2 months later...

I love watching PB take out the trash on game..I play BFBC2 and BF3... WOOT! PBBans! you guys ROCK!... :clapsmiley:

Edited by Sugarpea
  • Upvote 3

• 3 months later...