PunkBuster coming to Bad Company 2

MaydaX

Guys im still alive and thinking about you ;)

The .:iE/ dedi box is still down for maintenance so i still cant put the servers back up for streaming.

On the otherhand we are planning to rent a 32 slot BC2 server for 6 months so thats what brought me back to here to look how it will be with the support for BC2.

I have good hopes that PBBans will have streaming support in the future, PB support without PBBans = NO SUPPORT

Remote Administration interface for BFBC2 PC

Hi again!

A lot of people are asking about server administration. What's up there?

A little background

Since the Frostbite engine had not yet been used for any PC titles, there had been no need for advanced server administration tools. BFBC2 PC changed that however.

There was a sort of "server console" thing, but it was intended for developer use only. Something easier to use and more stable was necessary when we came closer to release it to the PC users.

So what are we doing?

We are creating a separate command console, which is stable, and where the commands will not change. This will be the Remote Administration interface for BFBC2 PC. BF2 console commands have been a good source of inspiration :)

The Remote Administration interface is accessible over a network port on the game server.

While we ensure that there is a solid administration interface, we are not creating any fancy tools. Why not? Because the community will do a much better job! RSPs have already been using the interface for weeks, and several people are working on user friendly tools. We will continue to improve the protocol with functions that are necessary to make good tools.

When Closed Beta Server R5 (yes, we have already patched the game servers 3 times. I love our new patching system) is released, the RSPs will be allowed to expose the Remote Administration interface on their servers to the public... and we will publish the FULL protocol specification. You have my word on that.

Stay tuned.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/02/05/remote-administration-interface-for-bfbc2-pc.aspx

maybe this will help

I find it quite refreshing that DICE personel are at least taking an active interest in what PBBans has to offer re anti cheat.

I should imagine that game devs thought that intergrating Punkbuster into their games would be enough to placate the players and admins that are their customer base.

Although I think that PB is the best anti cheat program out there, I also think that streaming to a 3rd party anti cheat site is a necessity these days rather than a luxury.

A hell of a lot of concerned admins have found out the hard way the truth of that statement.

Even if nothing positive transpires from the dialogue that Maydax has been having with DICE employee's re server files etc, at least the DICE guys are now aware that we exist, and more importantly how much regard our streaming game admins have for PBBans assistance in keeping their servers as cheat free as possible.

Now, if only we could find a member of EA legal who actually games and runs a server to check us out, we might be in with a chance of making a positive, proactive contribution in keeping BFBC2 as cheat free as humanly possible. :scratchchin:

There will always be undetected private cheats knocking about, but the MD5 scans we provide coupled with the Generic Bind Scans (exclusive to PBBans) make a server admins life a lot easier in fighting the good fight.

Good post fozzer!!

I agree with Supertaz, I think DICE coming here and seeing how the site works and how much it's needed as an SGA or a player is an absolute must, do they even understand the site and what checks are performed on a player in-game? I'm sure you've probably mentioned it MaydaX but having it described and seeing it in action are two entirely different things.

Just read that too, hoping we end up being able to stream to PBBans.

I too just read that EA blog post by Gordon... It would be great to have an update on this process. MaydaX?

Well I never expected PBBans to be referenced to in the official Battlefield blog but it's nice of DICE to do so.

I've been working with DICE to help with PB features that sites like ours use. While there is still work to be done in regards to PB integration, PBBans will be offering streaming support for BC2. I never got the server files but DICE was very helpful and gave me what I needed.

So far streaming works for both UCON and Repository methods. From the suggestions I have made for the server side, PB control using BC2 admin tools will be better than in BF2. You won't need to use a UCON client to see PB messages from the server but they also get sent to any admin tool made for BC2.

Ban Message Test

Before anyone asks if this is real ban .. no it's not, it was part of a message test.

And yes I've asked for a smaller global chat text option. I don't think players want to see big ass ban messages blocking their screens :)

• Upvote 4

Well I never expected PBBans to be referenced to in the official Battlefield blog but it's nice of DICE to do so.

I've been working with DICE to help with PB features that sites like ours use. While there is still work to be done in regards to PB integration, PBBans will be offering streaming support for BC2. I never got the server files but DICE was very helpful and gave me what I needed.

So far streaming works for both UCON and Repository methods. From the suggestions I have made for the server side, PB control using BC2 admin tools will be better than in BF2. You won't need to use a UCON client to see PB messages from the server but they also get sent to any admin tool made for BC2.

Ban Message Test

Before anyone asks if this is real ban .. no it's not, it was part of a message test.

And yes I've asked for a smaller global chat text option. I don't think players want to see big ass ban messages blocking their screens :)

I think it is safe to say we all owe Dice a hell of a thankyou. B)

That's great news, thanks for the update and hard work on this MaydaX and thanks to Dice for Hearing us and actually caring about their paying customers. BC2 server has been pre-ordered a few mins ago. Very cool indeed.....

Excellent news, I feel safe putting in my pre order for the game now and will more than likely be getting a BC2 server up and running for the squad shortly after release.:D

Great job all....i knew it was gonna only be a matter of time.EA and DICE will be happy about this...there sales just increased by alot.:D

Yep, I think this news will push those people still sitting on the fence regarding pre-orders to go ahead an buy it. I pre-ordered on steam a while back, I consider it absolutely worth the money now.

Hey Infinity Ward, do you hear that? Yep, that is the sound of the PC community's adoration for Dice - for creating a PC game that doesn't utterly suck balls.

Best News since the Beta Start!

Made me heave a sigh of relieve...as the Beta is already infested by those subjects.

Thanks for all your good work PBBans & DICE!

Sir,server preordered now,Sir! :D

Hell yes!! Nice to see DICE came to their senses, now I feel pretty confident that this will bury that pile of shit known as MW2 into the ground :D.