Punkbuster Client: No Master Query Sent

.:BoS:.Gringo

always tells me that, but i havent seen any checking version stuff.

I know when mine does the Query my game freezes up on me for about 10 secounds or more

Than it is all good to go would love to figure out why my game freezes up within a few secounds of

entering the game as well as when the mapcycles it does it for a split secound after that im good to

go.

says something like "Master Query sent"

Just started doing this to me around the 16th ive tried everything tweaked my process last program I

installed was Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition.

Cant figure out what the prob is but I can play ; }

Edited by BoS SkyTrooper

most of the time is the CVARs check that make u lag at the beggining of a map, but it is always good to update PB, use the pbsetup.exe tool and see if that helps Sky:

Here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-sof2.php

Note*: Also make sure u do not have any server stuff in ure PB folder inside ure SoF2 directory. (For example CVAR files etc...)

• 2 weeks later...

My SOFII also frezzes after entering the game.

It freezes my entire PC, locks it up tight.

It verifies PB cvars, then I don't know what it's doing because my game frezzes.

Depending on the server/map it may freeze 10-30 seconds.

Kicks me out of TS server if running.

I believe it has something to do with the latest PB update.

I re-installed my game and left all setting/cvars to default.

I updated my video driver. Turned off my ZoneAlarm.

Installed and ran the PB exe.

Nothing has cured my PC from freezing.

I have submitted a trouble ticket to PunkBuster.

Everyone that is having the same issue should do the same.

PunkRocker

well, thats really wierd, never saw anything like this, but i think this has nothing to do with PB, as ure game gets freeze. is it in every server or just a especific one?

All servers that are running PB causes this issue. Herertic seems to be the most effected.

When I joined a couple of PB_disabled servers for test the issue did not happen.

I thought that it may have had something to do with the new POS Windows Internet Explorer 7 so uninstalled it and reverted back to 6.xx.

same crap.

I run three home PCs in my network.

I am the only one having the issue.

The others have not updated to IE 7.

Sky appears to be having the same issue.

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by PunkRocker

We have many members with exactly the same issue...intermittant connection drop every 20 -30 seconds while playing and after the initial PB update. Started about 30 -45 days ago and we now have members claiming its a PB (or EB) issue with new Nvidia chipsets, :rolleyes: because they have tried all the things Punkrocker did to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. BTW tried deleting PBNS.dat file....not it.

Edited by F!ReW!Re

My PC is running Nvidia MB Nforce3 chipset and Nvidia 7800GS AGP video card.

One of my other PCs is running ATI 9700 PRO with Nvidia Nforce2 MB chipset.

The other PC is an Intel with ATI 9800PRO.

My PC is the only one having the issue.

I am currently running the latest Nvidia drivers for both video and MB.

I downgraded my video driver to 84.xx without any success.

Like I suggested, need everyone to open a trouble ticket with Punkbuster.

Edited by PunkRocker

I run an ati psi xpress200 and since this update my game freezes up for about 40 secounds or more on first login after that it freezes up per map for a few secounds

I run an ati psi xpress200 and since this update my game freezes up for about 40 secounds or more on first login after that it freezes up per map for a few secounds

I too have the same issue along with everyone else in our clan, as soon as pb sends querie i freeze for about 5-10 seconds on every single map. Seem like this started about a month or so ago..

I'm getting this issue also, right at the beginning of every single map. I thought it was a problem with my game since I havent had to do a reinstall in ages. :huh: This topic has me kinda curious about how much longer Activision will have PB running for SoF2.... :blink:

Im getting this message myself everytime once in a while, no lag no nothing but seems that something is missing between me and punksbuster, anyone knows why im getting this?.THX

Posted Image

Any word on how to fix this yet?

there is no fix

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23137

Seems Activision have issued a worldwide distribution of sof2 with the same cd key :(

Their idea of damage limitation was to close down the auth server, and recommend that players play on servers with no PB.

This beggars the question as to how long sof2 will remain on the PB supported list.

They have effectively neutered PB/sof2 with an administrative cock up of monumental proportions.

Based on past experiences with game companies I dont see them making any kind of cd key re-issue but I have been known to be wrong before :P

Well I to have been having this same problem with a short 3-10 second freeze at the start of joining a server & on occassion it does it when each new map loads up but that only seems to happen in servers with alot of ppl in them but I was thinking this might be a problem with my Sof2 files that I'd have to clean up or reinstall to fix but I guess from what I'm hearing thats not the case.