PnkBstrA.exe

spencergg

Hello - I recently bought Battlefield 2: Bad Company for PC (Boot Camp installed on MacBook Pro). Game was downloaded from EA games directly.

After installing, registering a username with EA games, and logging in, I tried to join many servers but was booted almost instantly. The map will load, and then boot with the message that PnkBstrA.exe is unable to run. I went over to the PB website, and it gave me instructions on how to allow the .exe through the firewall (their suggestion for my problem) but I was unable to find the file anywhere on the computer. Reinstalled and tried again, same result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Spencer

Hello - I recently bought Battlefield 2: Bad Company for PC (Boot Camp installed on MacBook Pro). Game was downloaded from EA games directly.

After installing, registering a username with EA games, and logging in, I tried to join many servers but was booted almost instantly. The map will load, and then boot with the message that PnkBstrA.exe is unable to run. I went over to the PB website, and it gave me instructions on how to allow the .exe through the firewall (their suggestion for my problem) but I was unable to find the file anywhere on the computer. Reinstalled and tried again, same result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Spencer

PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe are in "C:\windows\system32" What I did was to go into "Services" under "Administrative Tools", (which is in the "Windows Control Panel"), found PnkBstrA and PnkbstrB and set them to "Automatic". (Do this with the game running) They run even if the game is not running after this is done. Also set your firewall to let them connect to the internet. I no longer get kicked for PB errors.

Edited by BLADE1964

PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe are in "C:\windows\system32" What I did was to go into "Services" under "Administrative Tools", (which is in the "Windows Control Panel"), found PnkBstrA and PnkbstrB and set them to "Automatic". (Do this with the game running) They run even if the game is not running after this is done. Also set your firewall to let them connect to the internet. I no longer get kicked for PB errors.

The PB website recommended I go to that directory (which I did) and I looked for the file, but didn't find it. I also followed your suggestion of opening services, but pnkbstrA and pnkbstrB weren't in there. I tried both methods with the game running and also without the game running.

Did you download PBSetup from http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php. You have to install and run it. It will set you up for PunkBuster.

I tried that. I got a message saying "Error #0128: ERROR: Could not copy C:\...\AppData\Local\Temp\pbsABD2.tmp to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\pb\dll\wa001392.dll during HTM conversion."

another message pops up saying the above, along with "error 5: access is denied."