Please Please Help!!

Radonsheep

Hi,

I am having a nightmare...

Yesterday i bought and installed BF2, i went to join a server with a friend, after about 2 - 3 mins of play i got booted from the server with the message

Global hardware ban - 2c510926

also it said something about being banned from the server..

Everytime i try to join a server the same thing happens..

Why is this happening? I dont have any cheats/hacks/trainers etc at all and i have no disire to ever cheat..

I have posted a ticket on evenbalance and tried in vain to contact EA support..

please help

It seems that you have hacked in a PB-enabled game.

PB caught you and gave you HW Ban.

If someone gets HW Ban, he's banned in every game that pb supports.

You can still play on PB disabled server.

i have never hacked any PB games.. The only other game i have installed is World of Warcraft, so that cannot be the reason..

I do not cheat at all!! I have no cheats/hacks anything on my machine and never will have, just labelling me a cheat is not going to help much.

Please only reply if you have some info that will help me..

thnx

Edited by Radonsheep

i have just uninstalled the game from my SATA drive and reinstalled it to my IDE..

I joined a server and played for 2 maps, soon as got into a vehicle the above PB global ban message appeared again..

This has got to be a software/hardware problem?

hi sure the msg reads

Punkbuster Error:

You have been permanently banned from this game server via punkbuster ... GLOBAL Punkbuster HARDWARE BAN 2c510926

note: i have just been playing on a ranked server for 1 hour then got kicked again..

If I were you I would fill out a support ticket a www.evenbalance.com Global/Hardware Bans are only issued via them. It is possible that there is a mistake, or you are running some program in the back ground the Punkbuster thinks is interferring with their software (does not have to be cheat related). Packet sifting software does not sit well with Punkbuster.

• 1 month later...
Guest Nosferatµ

If I were you I would fill out a support ticket a www.evenbalance.com Global/Hardware Bans are only issued via them. It is possible that there is a mistake, or you are running some program in the back ground the Punkbuster thinks is interferring with their software (does not have to be cheat related). Packet sifting software does not sit well with Punkbuster.

I *DO* believe that you didn't hack. I had the same thing happen to me last week. Good luck getting EvenBalance to do anything! I got banned because of a software firewall that I run (PeerGuardian) and I got the same form letter from their "support" staff. I fired off a reply to that those twits haven't gotten the balls to reply back.

I have problems updating the sever list due to Norton's Worm protection. Perhaps a similar program is blocking PB. Has anyone else had this problem wit nortons or is it just me?

I have problems updating the sever list due to Norton's Worm protection. Perhaps a similar program is blocking PB. Has anyone else had this problem wit nortons or is it just me?

nope, never.

nope, never.

it seems to be Worm protection in Norton Internet Security 2005, not the anti-virus. For some reason that version does not like BF2. After looking in to it I found a few posts pointing back to Norton Internet Security 2005 being a cause to game crashes, and some other issues with the game :huh: Edited by Passim

Well I havent been baned do to it (Thank god), but if your firewall and/or worm protection is not set to ingnore PB you may not notice the pop up that its blocked till it's too late. From what I understand if a program blocks PB you may get a global ban.

Edited by Passim

if you set up your firewall to block pb , its not able to operate correctly . This is violation to PB EULA so you're hw banned.

I think it can be done by mistake or it can be intended to block pb for example from being caught by ss.

10/22/2005 18:33:37 - "Stuart Dunsmore"

Note #3: PB NEVER bans on a negative. Firewalls, or other things cannot cause a PB ban. PB bans only when info is returned to the PB server that raises a violation. Blocking PB will cause an auth, init, packet, or com failure, but never a bannable violation.

• 2 months later...

why would you intentionally set ur FW/AV to block PB? It doesn't do it by default.

Yes it does, they all do. they block everything by default and you have to approve the traffic you want allowed. My friggin norton is constantly popping up. Owned your computer long? DC

Yes it does, they all do. they block everything by default and you have to approve the traffic you want allowed. My friggin norton is constantly popping up. Owned your computer long? DC

its a moot point anyway after reading this in an earlier post of Dental's;

Note #3: PB NEVER bans on a negative. Firewalls, or other things cannot cause a PB ban. PB bans only when info is returned to the PB server that raises a violation. Blocking PB will cause an auth, init, packet, or com failure, but never a bannable violation.

its a moot point anyway after reading this in an earlier post of Dental's;

Im sorry I dont quite believe/understand that. 130263 bans you for interferring with the normal operation of PB. What other interferrence is there other than blocking? Seems to me that PB works exactly like a trojan virus or a spy bot. It is stored on your comp and periodically sends out information without your permission at the time of sending. How would an anti virus prog or spy bot killer not see PB as a threat and block it or delay it until you released it. "PB NEVER bans on a negative", then what is the definition of interferring with PB? Im going to take a guess and say that you don't know the answer to that, no one does. Convienint ,DC

Edited by Deaths Conundrum aka DC

Seems to me that PB works exactly like a trojan virus or a spy bot. It is stored on your comp and periodically sends out information without your permission at the time of sending

You should read PB EULA properly. Here is a part of it:

Licensee understands that PunkBuster software inspects and reports information about the computer on which it is installed to other connected computers and Licensee agrees to allow PunkBuster software to inspect and report such information about the computer on which Licensee installs PunkBuster software. Licensee understands and agrees that the information that may be inspected and reported by PunkBuster software includes, but is not limited to, devices and any files residing on the hard-drive and in the memory of the computer on which PunkBuster software is installed.

And tell. Which cheater would allow to send HW GUID?

And yes we don't have exact answer what interfering with PB is. I guess it could something like this for example:

You hook function foo that is used to get SS of player with bot bar to have clean SS. If pb detects it , it could be considered as interfering with pb because you're trying to bypass screenshot facility.

I Know you didn't just call me a n00b. Sure, norton pops up the first time you exe the game prompting you to block or allow. But as already stated it's a moot point, irrelevant arguement.

DC, maybe you should just quit while ur ahead. I hate posting links to "the other site" but i think maybe others would like to see that you're not so innocent as you lead on to be. Check It Out

Wow, you've been busy the past year, 37 violations and 32 Aliases.

And maybe you will say that wasn't you but that's bull as the ip's match the same one you are posting here with. B)

http://www.whois.sc/67.186.245.151

http://www.whois.sc/67.177.8.20

http://www.pbbans.com/mpi3/mpiresults.php?...39cf6&srh1=GUID