PBSS Scanner

Singh400

Hey Singh,

Good to see you're still around :)

I am always around, just lurking. Busy with work and uni :)

So I did update my version with only the .exe since I already had the PBSS.db file.

But after that it did not show me the BF3 servers any more.

I've tried to update the serverlist, using the cloudflare cookie which was set in my browser.

But it does not seem to update at all. It was stuck at:

14:45:48 Connecting to GameTracker...

14:45:48 Retriving Game IDs...

So I copied the PBSS.db file and BF3 servers were showing again.

But I'm still unable to refresh that list...

14:43:59 Scraping Server Addresses...

Any idea how to fix this?

Sounds like you are not copying the correct cookie, or you are not getting the entire cookie value.

3QS81f9.png

The cookie only has a life of two hours, so you'll need to get a fresh cookie value after it expires. But the process definitely does work, as I tested it thoroughly.

Steps to get cookie:

• Visit http://www.gametracker.com/
  • Wait for the page to load normally
  • In Chrome, you can access the cookies by click on the page icon next to the address URL, select Show cookies and site data
  • Expand as soon in the screenshot above
  • Select the cookie cf_clearance, and copy its value/content. Typically the value will look something like this 9c284707281d175ef9ea5d9d53b93ad3b6a92c5e-1439128596-3600
  • Paste that into the area shown in the screenshot, and you should be able to scrape GameTracker as normal
It's important to remember that cookies are per-machine. So whichever machine you intend to run and use PBSS Scanner, you'll need to grab that cookie value for that machine. Also, you want to make sure that GameTracker itself isn't being blocked from writing the cookies.

Cheers,

Singh

I am always around, just lurking. Busy with work and uni :)

Sounds like you are not copying the correct cookie, or you are not getting the entire cookie value.

3QS81f9.png

The cookie only has a life of two hours, so you'll need to get a fresh cookie value after it expires. But the process definitely does work, as I tested it thoroughly.

Steps to get cookie:

• Visit http://www.gametracker.com/
  • Wait for the page to load normally
  • In Chrome, you can access the cookies by click on the page icon next to the address URL, select Show cookies and site data
  • Expand as soon in the screenshot above
  • Select the cookie cf_clearance, and copy its value/content. Typically the value will look something like this 9c284707281d175ef9ea5d9d53b93ad3b6a92c5e-1439128596-3600
  • Paste that into the area shown in the screenshot, and you should be able to scrape GameTracker as normal
It's important to remember that cookies are per-machine. So whichever machine you intend to run and use PBSS Scanner, you'll need to grab that cookie value for that machine. Also, you want to make sure that GameTracker itself isn't being blocked from writing the cookies.

Cheers,

Singh

I have the correct cookie and correct value. The cookie was set just seconds before...

B9Bq4Ti.png

Doesn't matter if I use the cookie value from Firefox or Chrome.

Edited by EBassie

I have the correct cookie and correct value. The cookie was set just seconds before...

B9Bq4Ti.png

Doesn't matter if I use the cookie value from Firefox or Chrome.

What does the error log say under Help > View Error Log?

Hmm, can you reset my session?

LSCjrnA.png

Had to 'force close' it last try :)

Check your PMs.

Edit* Is that Windows 10? I haven't had a chance to test it on Windows 10, so it may be that.

Edited by Singh400

Check your PMs.

Edit* Is that Windows 10? I haven't had a chance to test it on Windows 10, so it may be that.

Thanks. Reset.

And yeah that's windows 10.

Also tried it on Windows 7, same issue... :(

Error on Win 7

2015-08-09 14:50:50 org.jsoup.HttpStatusException: HTTP error fetching URL. Status=503, URL=http://www.gametracker.com/search/bf3/?searchipp=50&searchpge=1#search
2015-08-09 14:50:50 java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Same error on Win10

2015-08-09 14:26:55 org.jsoup.HttpStatusException: HTTP error fetching URL. Status=503, URL=http://www.gametracker.com/search/bf3/?searchipp=50&searchpge=1#search
2015-08-09 14:26:55 java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
2015-08-09 14:22:32 org.jsoup.HttpStatusException: HTTP error fetching URL. Status=503, URL=http://www.gametracker.com/search/bf3/?searchipp=50&searchpge=1#search
2015-08-09 14:22:32 java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Using latest Java version on Win7 and Win10:

kjvPpbA.png

shpEQpY.png

v0.9.3 released - see sig for download

• Fixed bug that only enabled specific machine configurations to scrape GameTracker. Users will now need to provide both cf_clearnace cookie value and the user agent of the browser they used to create that cookie.
Upgrade instructions; If you already have a PBSS.db, then only replace pbss_scanner.exe.

As always feedback and ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Singh

Seems to work now. Would it be possible to save the user agent, or add it to the options?

edit: sorry, didn't see your question before.

Edited by EBassie

Seems to work now. Would it be possible to save the user agent, or add it to the options?

Yeah, that is what I will do eventually. But I wanted to get a quick fix out. The problem with moving the user agent to options, is that the cf_clearance cookie value and user agent are tied. So when a user updates their browser, and their user agent changes. They will need to use the new and updated user agent. The currently way forces them to fetch both current values.

edit: sorry, didn't see your question before.

No worries, I just wanted to confirm my hunch.

I thought i3D scanning was now fixed?

No, it seems to be broken (changed by i3D again?).

Both these links do not work:

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/gameserver-punkbuster.php?gsid=268456&file=/pbsvss.htm

This one does download files, named as png's but they are in fact the HTML page over and over again ;)

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/pb-screenshot.php?server=268456&file=/pbsvss.htm

Only does 0 byte png's

No, it seems to be broken (changed by i3D again?).

Both these links do not work:

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/gameserver-punkbuster.php?gsid=268456&file=/pbsvss.htm

This one does download files, named as png's but they are in fact the HTML page over and over again ;)

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/pb-screenshot.php?server=268456&file=/pbsvss.htm

Only does 0 byte png's

Ah, I see. Okay, I've added that issue to my issue tracker. Fixing PBScreens support should be easier enough, I have a working fix at the moment.
  • Upvote 2

v0.9.4 released - see sig for download

• When checking for streaming servers at PBBans, Lite Streaming servers are now valid
  • I3D server support is now fixed, add the URL in the format of https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/pb-screenshot.php?server=XXXXXX&file=pbsvss.htm where XXXXXX is your server ID
  • Import/Export of Cheat Colours is no longer supported
  • Import/Export of Custom Servers is no longer supported
  • PBScreens support is now fixed, users will need to provide relevant cookie data
  • When users trigger “Previous sessions still active” they are now prompted to be taken to the Reset Account page
  • Increased timeout for scraping GameTracker to ten seconds from three seconds to prevent errors
  • Upgrade instructions; If you already have a PBSS.db, then only replace pbss_scanner.exe.

As always feedback and ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Singh

Edited by Singh400
  • Upvote 2

Great!

Seems to work fine for i3D & PBscreens.

Had to search this topic for the correct PBScreens link though (for all BF3 & BF4 servers) and had to guess which PBscreens cookie (PHPSESSID) I had to use.

You might want to add info this to the original post.

Great!

Seems to work fine for i3D & PBscreens.

Awesome.

Had to search this topic for the correct PBScreens link though (for all BF3 & BF4 servers) and had to guess which PBscreens cookie (PHPSESSID) I had to use.

Yeah, my documentation is getting pretty lazy. Interestingly though, I used the other cookie that PBScreens sets. I was not aware that PHPSESSID ID worked too.

I'm getting this error.

"Authentication failed exiting appilcation"

There is no reason you should be getting that error, as myself and EBassie can log in fine. Have you changed your auto.csv file recently?

When does this error occur? During the initial application start up or after you have used it for a while?

Yeah, my documentation is getting pretty lazy. Interestingly though, I used the other cookie that PBScreens sets. I was not aware that PHPSESSID ID worked too.

I would advise you not to use PHPSESSID, but use the other cookie that PBScreens sets. PHPSESSID does not always work.

There is no reason you should be getting that error, as myself and EBassie can log in fine. Have you changed your auto.csv file recently?

When does this error occur? During the initial application start up or after you have used it for a while?

Nope have not changed any thing,,

the error is happening  when I start the program,

Found that I was still trying to use version 0.9.3 which might of been the problem

I have downloaded 0.9.4 and now I can login.... but  I can see any servers and I can't select what game it is from the drop down menu

Lg0yYaT.jpg