PBSS Scanner

Singh400

I would like to use this program to keep our server clean.

Somehow we don't seem to be allowed to use it, because we don't get any response to our pm requests....

:bigO:

pm singh for the credentials

Doesn't respond....

Edited by battletobattle

Busy with real life at the moment, I hope to reply to PMs sometime this week.

All those who contacted me on here should have a reply.

The state of my app will remain as is for the foreseeable future. Real life has priority at the moment. If and when I get time, I will update the tool as and when needed.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Singh400

My scanner this evening told me "Login Failed! Previous session still active. Contact PBSS Scanner developer"

Tried ending the java process and didn't work. Tried looking for like a pbss.exe process but didn't find one. It still persists after a I restarted the box(VPS its running on).

Hey Singh400

My scanner this evening told me "Login Failed! Previous session still active. Contact PBSS Scanner developer"

Tried ending the java process and didn't work. Tried looking for like a pbss.exe process but didn't find one. It still persists after a I restarted the box(VPS its running on).

That should be fixed now. Sorry for the wait, pretty busy.
  • Upvote 1

Any idea what causes legit players to have Pixel Found labeled pbss at pbscreens.com? I have seen many players with Pixel Found on their pbss but no cheat is visible, or they have Pixel Found on some screens and they don't have it on others. What the heck is that all about?  Someone said things like repair tool (BF3) and scoreboard trigger your filter but it doesn't do that for me when I look at my screens.

Once I realized all cheaters have Pixel Found (at least in my experience) I now only look at those screens. Is that what everyone else does? I tend to assume anyone who has Pixel Found is perhaps cheating but the reason you don't always see a cheat is because their screen shot saver kicked in? I don't know, it's very odd. I have heard SweetFX enhances graphics but I know a few players that use it and it does not make them have Pixel Found on their screens.

Any idea what causes legit players to have Pixel Found labeled pbss at pbscreens.com? I have seen many players with Pixel Found on their pbss but no cheat is visible, or they have Pixel Found on some screens and they don't have it on others. What the heck is that all about?  Someone said things like repair tool (BF3) and scoreboard trigger your filter but it doesn't do that for me when I look at my screens.

Once I realized all cheaters have Pixel Found (at least in my experience) I now only look at those screens. Is that what everyone else does? I tend to assume anyone who has Pixel Found is perhaps cheating but the reason you don't always see a cheat is because their screen shot saver kicked in? I don't know, it's very odd. I have heard SweetFX enhances graphics but I know a few players that use it and it does not make them have Pixel Found on their screens.

Pixel Found only means it flagged the shot for having a matching pixel color to a known cheat. This is why you need to know what cheats look like before submitting anything flagged (one of the downsides to PBScreens IMO).

Yeah I know it matches colors. I was curious why so-called innocent/legit players will have Pixel Found on their screens no matter the circumstance. I mean screen after screen of normal play with have pixel found. I wonder if it's a driver issue. I have looked at a lot of cheaters from the MBi on pbscreens with mixed results. Some have pixel found, most don't. I'm just naturally curious why that is and if all those so-called legit players with pixel found is just an anomaly or of it is in anyway related to cheating.

Anyway, I love pbscreens and if I can ever get a login to this standalone program I'm sure I will love that too.

This is what makes me so curious.

This guy received a game hack violation (not a pbss ban) today.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-18c6626c-vb372255.html

Two of his pbss are dirty but the rest are clean. They all have Pixel Found. Maybe his crap screenshot cleaner failed twice but worked the other time or is it something else that triggered the color filter. It's very odd.

https://pbscreens.com/?player-6239435

These screens won't be there very long so if you don't see them they have expired.

Edited by NastyJack

I'm not sure you do fully understand(not trying to be rude). As Jimbo explained above, it is simply about matching a color(RGB value) to that of a single pixel(usually, some programs can require multiple pixels of that color before flagging) on the PBSS that also has that color.

Now granted I don't know what color codes PBScreens uses to check against PBSS but from your link you shared, I would guess that the majority of those are from the friendly/enemy/squad markers on the screen. Many people when using tools like PBSSC or PBSS Scanner include a range or sampling of those HUD colors because of "spot cheats".

Take for example this image, if you use Paint or an image editing program of your choice and take say 5-6 samples of color codes the blue friendly markers give you. Now you add those to your favorite scanning program(or say PBScreens has 5-6 samples of those to detect friendly markers). Now any time an image comes up with a pixel that matches that color, its flagged. Now repeat that for enemy markers....and possibly squad if you desire. Now repeat that for the color blind setting. You now have 20+ color codes to just detect in-game "spot cheat" depending on how many samples you took. See how it starts to add up?...If not keep reading.

d5e9eed6fb74a08ae2c5b09f98e4bbe5.png

Now here is an example of the ACI PBSSC(I can't use Singhs as it appears I'm blocked out again! :S).

hUyMyjH.png

As you can see it flagged an image of myself for "BF3EnemyHealthBar2" which has the RGB color code (R255, G176, B126). Somewhere on that image a single pixel has that color. And for another example relating back to when you asked about repair tools triggering it....

khzFNYM.png

As you can see it flagged an image of someone using a repair tool for "Light Blue Skeleton" which has the RGB color code (R156, G255, B255). Now I don't have an example on hand of a "Light Blue Skeleton" but take for example some of the images from this ban. The ones that show the stick figure in green/yellow of the player model, replace the color with blue, take a sample of the "skeleton" or bounding box(appears to be one solid color) and I called that "Light Blue Skeleton" whenever I created my color code for the above example.

Now my current personal color list I use in tools like this one for this thread(PBSS Scanner) has 173 color codes(maybe excessive, maybe small) but it includes BF3 and BF4 colors. I don't know how many colors PBScreens checks for but lets say its 100 colors for only BF3 images. Now if just 1 pixel matches any of their 100 color codes in that 320x200 PBSS area(64,000 pixels to check?) it gets flagged....Do you see how many false positives can be flagged now?

Now you could probably get far fewer false positives if you only went with obnoxiously obvious colors like hot pink crosshairs or lime green player boxes or solid red info tags but then you will miss many of the less obvious "spot cheats" that exploit the in-game spotting system, or the cheats that aren't just 2-3 solid colors but change in opacity and get darker/lighter.

Some example bans that show cheats that aren't solid colors and are harder to detect or require multiple color codes for best detection.

[#1] - BF3 Non Solid Player Box

[#2] - BF3 "Spot Cheat"

Now again, some programs can be more advanced and require multiple hits or possibly other requirements but that is the basic idea and how I would say the majority of images that get flagged or marked "pixel found" on PBScreens are clean.

That is why an individual has to manually verify the image does show a cheat. Otherwise if it was a positive hit every time, organizations like PBBans could just implement their own system to look for known colors and ban automatically.

Just a quick update, I am aware some people are waiting on me to resolve their problems with my app. I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I will try and sort something out for tonight.

Cheers,

Singh

Just a quick update, I am aware some people are waiting on me to resolve their problems with my app. I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I will try and sort something out for tonight.

Cheers,

Singh

All outstanding issues and requests have been dealt with. I appreciate your patience!

i3D has changed the PBSS URL to:

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/gameserver-punkbuster.php?gsid=268456

Not sure if the "&file=/pbsvss.htm" at the end of the link is of any use like this:
https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/gameserver-punkbuster.php?gsid=268456&file=/pbsvss.htm

So the scanner does not work with i3D at the moment.
If you find the time, please fix (together with PBscreens support) ;)

i3D has changed the PBSS URL to:

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/gameserver-punkbuster.php?gsid=268456

Not sure if the "&file=/pbsvss.htm" at the end of the link is of any use like this:

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/gameserver-punkbuster.php?gsid=268456&file=/pbsvss.htm

So the scanner does not work with i3D at the moment.

If you find the time, please fix (together with PBscreens support) ;)

Try:- 

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/pb-screenshot.php?server=XXXXX&file=/pbsvss.htm
Where XXXX is your server ID. So for you, it would be:- 

https://customer.i3d.net/gameservers/pb-screenshot.php?server=268456&file=/pbsvss.htm
I know it works, cause I just scanned your server ;)

Edit* And PBScreens support is on hold until I become less busy with real life.

Edited by Singh400

• 2 weeks later...