Pbbans User Survey

RodeoBob

Site Updates and Ideas for Improvement  

829 members have voted

1. 1. Did you find the layout of PBBans.com to be user-friendly?

• Yes
    • No, please post and tell us why you voted No
  2. 2. Were you able to easily find the information that you were looking for?

• Yes
    • No, please post and tell us why you voted No
  3. 3. If you setup your server to stream to PBBans, how long did it take you from start to finish?

• under 15 minutes
    • 15 to 30 minutes
    • 30 minutes to an hour
    • I gave up and needed PBBans Staff assistance
    • I don't have a server to stream
  4. 4. Would you like to see any tools, gadgets, or changes made to our site or streaming services? (Please post your comments in this thread to assist us with our future plans).

• Yes
    • No

Thing is, i can only find 4 post by you and no one of them contents what you said above, can you share some lights on this?

first off, thanks for not mis-reading my comments! PBBans IS doing good things for the gaming community at large.

I wrote:

... my account was closed and/or demoted to a standard user...

as i mentioned, the original account was closed and/or demoted. i do not recall the login or the associated email address. im sorry i cannot provide you with any further detail. it was quite some time ago. at this point, it no longer matters, i am no longer running the ET server.

what i am saying here is; the path of support failed me in this case. as someone experienced in technical and customer support, its very important to have a clear and *DOCUMENTED* path of support for known incidences, and an effective way of dealing with those difficult-to-anticipate issues. sending your users in circles with multiple points of contact is a sure way to create the type of situation that i encountered.

just a side note, im not sure if you guys are running a wiki or not. i maintain the wiki documentation system at my place of work for both our technical and CS staff. i have personally found (Media)wiki to be an incredible tool for developing documentation, distributing documentation workload, as well as allowing users to maintain their own personal documentation.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

first off, thanks for not mis-reading my comments! PBBans IS doing good things for the gaming community at large.

as i mentioned, the original account was closed and/or demoted. i do not recall the login or the associated email address. im sorry i cannot provide you with any further detail. it was quite some time ago. at this point, it no longer matters, i am no longer running the ET server.

what i am saying here is; the path of support failed me in this case. as someone experienced in technical and customer support, its very important to have a clear and *DOCUMENTED* path of support for known incidences, and an effective way of dealing with those difficult-to-anticipate issues. sending your users in circles with multiple points of contact is a sure way to create the type of situation that i encountered.

just a side note, im not sure if you guys are running a wiki or not. i maintain the wiki documentation system at my place of work for both our technical and CS staff. i have personally found (Media)wiki to be an incredible tool for developing documentation, distributing documentation workload, as well as allowing users to maintain their own personal documentation.

You were demoted because you were not streaming. Not sure if its too difficult to read one article about streaming.

It don't need to be name "Wiki" to make good documentation, we run that without any problems and you are one of the few percentage that have any problems navigating on our site when set up as an Streaming Game Admin. What we run at "work "don't matter at all, i have to document and report my work as well, just for tracking or if it is related to the fail safe system involved. That have nothing to do with "Documentation" at PBBans, its all there, in front of your eyes :)

• 2 months later...

I would love to see some cool banners to display on clan web pages advertizing that the clan proudly streams PBbans.

If there are already banners like this could some one point me to them. I would love to put one up on my clan web page. Thanks

• 3 months later...
I don't see that ever being added. It would require using ucon profile 3 to get chat logs and that will increase server load drasticly. We are here to ban cheaters not play language police.

this can already be done? it's called a chat filter.... automutes on jaymod and shrubET for an amount of minutes... pretty simple :) or put the "bad words/names" in the pb filter list.... usually has things like nazi etc already implemented if i'm not much mistaken....

We would need to have permission to do that from the sites we import from. One of them does not want any ban list generation or search features. My guess is because they use banners as revenue and want the traffic.

Who knows it may be possible in the future, the big limitation right now is PB won't save md5 checks to a file plus it overwrites the pbsv.cfg file on the server when issuing pb_sv_writecfg.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to start by thanking PBBANS for your dedication. As a streaming Admin I understand how much time it takes to Admin a decent server and keeping those cheating punks (sorry script kiddies) off our clean servers; well done.

Now for the survey:

Did you find the layout of PBBans.com to be user-friendly?

Yes however; considering there are many ways in setting up a server I would like to possible see the three separated and posted to.

Much of the information that I sought for took time to assess what type of config it was for and how old the information was. General if it was current, the streaming was a piece of cake but the order of config was a little vague. For exp: The PB_SV_TaskEmpty being in the wrong spot can make a big diference.

I would almost want to see a section where I could donate more just to have a PBBANS Admin log in to the server and configur it to go. I know it's alot of work, becuase there are so many servers and we Admins would not learn a thing; but it would be nice. :rolleyes: Many of the host run diferently and to understand this takes experience. If it was setup to your spec than the congurations can be saved and tweeked along the way.

All in all if it wasn't for your service it would be a lost battle....

Thanks....

Edited by Ark

i would love to see an app that could be used by admins in conjunction with pbucon.exe so that admins can view with ease guid's latest ss's etc (basically all the streaming data) without needing to use the website or looking at the pblogs :) I have begun making one myself but as a vb nublet it is taking me a while... I started to make it because I wanted a much easier way to a) get the data and B) view the latest ss's with a simple click and without constant searching etc. I also plan(ed) to make a feature to auto download and display ss's on demand as they come in... of course this could not necessarily be supported by pbbans as every server and their ss's work differently...

I also know that there are much easier ways to come up with a solution to my so called problem (i.e. retrieving the data from pbsvss.htm instead of from pbucon.log, or by using the pb_sv_SsCmd command) although if you think about it doing it the way that I am talking about would give you the ability to send server commands and also the advantage that the data really is live. Also my GSP will not let us use the pb_sv_SsCmd command :(

pbucon.exe is a very powerful tool (as the pbbans hub already demonstrates) but I know that it can be taken a step further in terms of admins using it on their machines... this is why I started trying to make an admin app... although expect it not to be ready for another year lol.

anyway this seems to be a very long winded post so I shall just leave it there.

overall though you cannot fault pbbans... even if you try... in which case you are sad.

Edited by Ruari

• 7 months later...

I dont trust this system, it is not work properly, simplely cause I'VE NEVER USE CHEATS, and I've got banned from a server by PBBans.

Sincerely, may while I was recording with fraps, or with other games opened at same time i got banned... so I thing it fails ..., PBBans should be under Beta yet.

I dont trust this system, it is not work properly, simplely cause I'VE NEVER USE CHEATS, and I've got banned from a server by PBBans.

Sincerely, may while I was recording with fraps, or with other games opened at same time i got banned... so I thing it fails ..., PBBans should be under Beta yet.

This thread has been dead since September 2008, and I can find no ban linked to the IP you are using now.

If you are indeed banned somewhere, then complain to Evenbalance - not us. They make the violations, we just ban for them.