Welcome to PBBans

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to PBBans, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of PBBans by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Pbbans User Survey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

Poll: Site Updates and Ideas for Improvement (828 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you find the layout of PBBans.com to be user-friendly?

1. Yes (784 votes [94.69%])

Percentage of vote: 94.69%

2. No, please post and tell us why you voted No (44 votes [5.31%])

Percentage of vote: 5.31%

Were you able to easily find the information that you were looking for?

1. Yes (766 votes [92.51%])

Percentage of vote: 92.51%

2. No, please post and tell us why you voted No (62 votes [7.49%])

Percentage of vote: 7.49%

If you setup your server to stream to PBBans, how long did it take you from start to finish?

1. under 15 minutes (338 votes [40.82%])

Percentage of vote: 40.82%

2. 15 to 30 minutes (217 votes [26.21%])

Percentage of vote: 26.21%

3. 30 minutes to an hour (84 votes [10.14%])

Percentage of vote: 10.14%

4. I gave up and needed PBBans Staff assistance (32 votes [3.86%])

Percentage of vote: 3.86%

5. I don't have a server to stream (157 votes [18.96%])

Percentage of vote: 18.96%

Would you like to see any tools, gadgets, or changes made to our site or streaming services? (Please post your comments in this thread to assist us with our future plans).

1. Yes (462 votes [55.80%])

Percentage of vote: 55.80%

2. No (366 votes [44.20%])

Percentage of vote: 44.20%

Vote

#41 sin09

sin09

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • XFire:sin09
None

Posted May 2, 2008 - 07:40 AM

Pb is doing a great job keeping most of these hackers out of our server. like mention before language filter would be great to see. but all in all you guys have done a great job.

#42 IrritableGimp

IrritableGimp

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
None

Posted May 2, 2008 - 07:46 AM

I have no real complaints about what you guys are doing. Everything works fine. My only issue is the site layout. It would be nice if the forums, etc. were more imbedded into the main part of the site, meaning it would be nice if the menus were included in most parts of the site, instead of having to navigate to the "Visit our Website" link to show the menus.

You guys have done an excellent job in providing the server admins of the world with the tools to thwart cheaters and their attempts at unfair gameplay. I applaud you for your efforts and I hope that I can get my system back online with pbbans. My GSP is trying to "fix" my issues with lag/crashing when screenshots are in force, but they haven't gotten back with me on that. When they do, I will be streaming to pbbans once again and I will be a happy camper once again.

KUDO's!

Edited by IrritableGimp, May 2, 2008 - 07:49 AM.

#43 LTMANU

LTMANU

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
None

Posted May 2, 2008 - 07:54 AM

I have 3 servers in pbbans, and i only can say that,s the best solution for all people that want to made his server a secure place, not 100%, but in this life, nothing is 100% secure.

In my clan we don,t like to play in a server without pbbans, ppbans show to all people who is the cheater, and where he was caugth.

GO,GO PBBANS. ;)

#44 hugin

hugin

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 4,166 posts
A step in the right direction

Posted May 2, 2008 - 07:55 AM

p.s. God only knows why EA have you do all this hard work getting rid of cheats, only to allow the number one player in the UK to remain in the leader board with a best round score of 5500!

A little FYI on that comment and I think I speak on PBBans behave here, PBBans don't care what EA do, PBBans support the community thru EB and their excellent software name PunkBuster :)

When it comes to bad coding and all that other shit who follow up in the trails of this game, EA don't care about you at all, EA is just a big money machine who will milk out every penny you have left and then leave. I do really hope players who like the to play the game BF2 start porting over to better suited games who really support their fans, one in particular I have in mind is Splash Damage, SD have done an incredible job to make this game as kick ass it actually are. Thing is, it do require allot of teamwork, and indeed strange BF2 players haven't seen this excellent game for such play.

Well a little sidekick there, but lets face it, will BF3 be any better you think? Or BF Heroes for that matter?
Most likely no, not at all. You will find glitchers, statpadders and hacker for sure in this game as well, and the whine start all over again :)

#45 hugin

hugin

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 4,166 posts

Posted May 2, 2008 - 08:04 AM

I have no real complaints about what you guys are doing. Everything works fine. My only issue is the site layout. It would be nice if the forums, etc. were more imbedded into the main part of the site, meaning it would be nice if the menus were included in most parts of the site, instead of having to navigate to the "Visit our Website" link to show the menus.

+1
Can make it more easy at times indeed, maybe you personal account buttons available that way?

#46 Rex

Rex

Normal User

• Streaming Admin
  • 4 posts
  • XFire:fmfrex
None

Posted May 2, 2008 - 08:17 AM

Pbbans is a great site.
My first attempt to stream our both servers was easily and quickly completed.

The system of signature for the servers is fine, although it would be great if it was possible to customize it even more (especially talking about the background -the image itself).

As an gameserver admin, I have also found several sites where cheats for various games are easily available to anyone. Is there a way to use the information found there, especially by sending you a feedback on the cheats that can be downloaded and mentionned as undetected by PB for you to use the information to chase cheaters with even more accuracy?

#47 *TNA* Exterminator

*TNA* Exterminator

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 1,449 posts

Posted May 2, 2008 - 08:20 AM

I would like to see the Hub Live not only show the latest screenshot filename for a player which it already does. I would like to see the actual screenshot.

Thanks Pbbans you guys go a great job and great service for the community.

Edited by *TNA* Exterminator, May 2, 2008 - 08:21 AM.

#48 ACR

ACR

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
None

Posted May 2, 2008 - 08:30 AM

Only thing I can think of that would be nice is a device to put on our front website that would put a list of recent hackers and cheaters that pbbans has booted! We love pbbans, we see action almost every time we play. Keep up the good work!

#49 Lolyn

Lolyn

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
None

Posted May 2, 2008 - 08:52 AM

I refer to pbbans on a regular basis to keep myself and my clan informed on known cheaters to keep our server clean. I generally see it as a largely reliable hub for that sort of information. However I have one suggestion.

Some form of indication when a player is spoofed onto the banlist would be nice. My PlayerID/name is up there (under a different GUID and IP of course - spoofed by a known cheater) but now I've suffered immense repurcussions on my gaming because of it. My clans name has been dirtied, and when we win games I get regularly accused of cheating. I've been banned from servers by overzealous admins and often have to explain to multiple people what's going on.

Pbbans knows my GUID is clean, I know it, and I can prove it. But the wayward pbbans visitor, they're going to think I'm a cheat, and the policy of not hiding the spoofed PID has caused me numerous problems on numerous occasions. This site CAN be abused and there needs to be some form of failsafe for that.

So yeah, that would be my suggestion. Some indication on the ban reference itself that the actual player listed is a victim of a PID spoof. Given that pbbans is able to check GUID's attributed to a player for "cleanliness", surely this could be implemented?

The following 2142 bans are PID spoofs on genuine players who don't deserve to have their names tarnished:

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=65971 (Real cheat = M.F.A - check IP range 88.108 for bans on pbbans and psb and you will find MANY entries)
http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=66671 (Real cheat = M.F.A)
http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=66986 (Real cheat = d3lit3 - also on pbbans twice)

And finally, http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=57633 my ban, one of the aliases of which is "UkBombard", who is also listed http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php?action=5&ban_id=59006 - 88.108 IP. Guess who.

Please stop cheats abusing your system to stop innocent players having fun.

Edited by Lolyn, May 2, 2008 - 08:59 AM.

#50 Linkman

Linkman

Normal User

• Streaming Admin
  • 164 posts

Posted May 2, 2008 - 08:52 AM

I love every thing you guys have done for us, I would like to see a way to submit a demo for BF2 to help protect us from the aimboters out there and some of the other hacks undetected by punkbusters..

#51 =OF=WidowMaker

=OF=WidowMaker

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
None

Posted May 2, 2008 - 09:07 AM

I Think You Guys Are Doing A Good Job. But A Little More Attention Good Be Paid To Aimbots. :)

Edited by =OF=WidowMaker, May 2, 2008 - 09:07 AM.

#52 *PNX*5thConcept

*PNX*5thConcept

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • XFire:5thconcept
None

Posted May 2, 2008 - 09:10 AM

I simply gave up "Couldnt find exactly what i needed despite reading alot of posts" not knowing enough about pb and how it works , i didnt want to simply replace my pb files on my server and not be able to undo it should something go wrong...

Guess you could say "there was nothing I could find that was CLEAR - START HERE - DO A>B>C>D etc FINISH HERE

and your all done ..

seems to much info scattered all over the place.

So i guess i`ll just have to carry on reading , learing which is a shame because we have had 2 or 3 multihack users logged in our logs this past 2 weeks and it would have been nice to have globally banned them!

#53 fozzer

fozzer

Accounts Manager

• Site Staff
  • 26,045 posts
A reputation beyond repute

Posted May 2, 2008 - 09:13 AM

I simply gave up "Couldnt find exactly what i needed despite reading alot of posts" not knowing enough about pb and how it works , i didnt want to simply replace my pb files on my server and not be able to undo it should something go wrong...

Guess you could say "there was nothing I could find that was CLEAR - START HERE - DO A>B>C>D etc FINISH HERE

and your all done ..

So i guess i`ll just have to carry on reading , learing which is a shame because we have had 2 or 3 multihack users logged in our logs this past 2 weeks and it would have been nice to have globally banned them!

A good place to start is here;
http://www.pbbans.com/information.php

#54 foxdie

foxdie

Santa Claus

• Retired Staff
  • 3,794 posts
On the road to fame

Posted May 2, 2008 - 09:33 AM

It's Foxdie :P

And the program was called PAT (Java version was jPAT), which is a fantastic tool.

Foxdie was made to kill members of foxhound :D.

#55 WORM.

WORM.

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
None

Posted May 2, 2008 - 09:36 AM

Having been involved with game servers since Quake days, (and still running 5 Quake 2 CTF servers in addition to newer games), I'm impressed with PBBans and very appreciative of the work done by all.

No need to clutter up the service with language filters or other frills that are not directly related to cheats.

Keep on keeping on with the way it is...timely updates to cvar/md5 file checks, solid streaming to master and unambiguous bans. There is no need to mess with the rest when you've got the best. B)

#56 blacksheep1

blacksheep1

Normal User

• Streaming Admin
  • 40 posts
None

Posted May 2, 2008 - 09:41 AM

and your all done ..

It can be somewhat intimidating at times, trying to dig up exactly what your looking for on PBBANS (and others sites as well), especially after using key word searchs etc.

Thats where PBBANS staff makes all the difference, one short PM to any of the staff here gets you a clear answer either directly or by link to the info you need, without making you look/feel "noobish".

;)

#57 =BLACKWOLF=

=BLACKWOLF=

Retired Staff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted May 2, 2008 - 11:06 AM

As an gameserver admin, I have also found several sites where cheats for various games are easily available to anyone. Is there a way to use the information found there, especially by sending you a feedback on the cheats that can be downloaded and mentionned as undetected by PB for you to use the information to chase cheaters with even more accuracy?

Forward a copy of any cheats to Posted Image for addition to the MCi. You can also send a copy of the cheat to [email protected]

Only thing I can think of that would be nice is a device to put on our front website that would put a list of recent hackers and cheaters that pbbans has booted! We love pbbans, we see action almost every time we play. Keep up the good work!

RSS / XML feeds allow you to do this.

I Think You Guys Are Doing A Good Job. But A Little More Attention Good Be Paid To Aimbots. :)

The MCi is updated (where appropriate) when a cheat is sent in.

#58 jimbouk1977

jimbouk1977

Normal User

• Streaming Admin
  • 700 posts

Posted May 2, 2008 - 11:11 AM

you could dumb it down and make it easier for novices to find what they are looking for & need to be more aggresive with stat padder as well as haxers!! :blink:

#59 hugin

hugin

Normal User

• Retired Staff
  • 4,166 posts

Posted May 2, 2008 - 11:16 AM

you could dumb it down and make it easier for novices to find what they are looking for & need to be more aggresive with stat padder as well as haxers!! :blink:

Stat paddings isn't a cheat, hence not a PBBans ban.

#60 Sutty

Sutty

Normal User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
None

Posted May 2, 2008 - 11:43 AM

Great job people, ;) keep it up, however for someone like me who is, shall i say of the 'older generation' 50+ :blink: would like to see an area on the forums for noobs with a step by step setting up to stream and console message,shown how to do SS and the tools to get them on the forums and where you want them posting. it would be nice to have it all kept in one area of the forums.There are times i have been on the irc because i couldn't find the info and was kindly sent to a link which wasn't easy for me to find in the first place. :( Many Thanks. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

DMCA.com