PBBans Being Strict

LaserSights

You quoted those sentences again which were already discussed...

We can't and won't accept unproven allegations in public. You don't know our system in detail, so please don't tell people stuff you aren't familiar with. This is the only reason why I answered to this post. We respect you and your work, but you have to accept others, too, even if you don't agree with their attitude.

to resolve this... I propose Everyone Needs to Send a Copy of there Drivers License / Government Issued ID so if you cheat we know where to come to Beat you...

true story , just saying :)..

But as a "retired staff member" here at PBBans and Mywonclan I do have to say the current Policies set on the site are NOT strict at all, 'other' providers ask for the same things as PBBans, and for those other providers that don't ask for certain criteria I would find a bit sketchy.

All of these Policies are here to protect the Server Admins / Players and PBBans Reputation, the staff members are trying to do YOU a service so instead of complaining about how strict they are maybe try jumping in there shoes and understanding where their point of view is coming from.

also I should state it really isn't that hard to setup a "free" website if thats your main concern..

You're lucky that PBBans isn't so anal that they require my proposed Actual Government Issued ID to stream haha ;)

• Upvote 3

Can you cut the crap Harry and stop trying to shit on PBBans every chance you get? You agree to disagree we get it, lets keep this dick waving contest to a PM and off the public forums please.

• Upvote 2

thats what happens if someone thinks it was a good idea to listen to cheat site-vips/staff etc. personnel what could be done against their exploits "Oh, nothing? Too bad" instead of keeping them outdoors on policy and beforehand where ever possible. That is their choice. My choice at this point is, i quit taking anything seriously what comes from a source considering that a policy suitable for AC .

BTW: Still encouraging to stream Home-Servers to pimp up numbers? Or EA/Dice fixed that misconception accidentally?

Unproven ?

Keep posting HappyHarry, I'm sure a lot of folks reading this are becoming enlightened and will make their own decisions on what's proven or not.

Gladly they think about it as this thread shows. :) Anyway, we'll still suggest multi streaming to get a max of security for our admins. Our name stands for working together instead of fighting against each other. Sadly not everyone shares this attitude.

@Piggy

All we want is a neutral base for the community with legit arguments. It's not us who's continuously throwing dirt in public but sadly reacting like this is the only way to set things right. I would prefer different ways, too.

In the interest of "working together against cheaters" then could I suggest that you run full background checks on all of your commentators on the GGC "PBBans cancels Partnership with GGC" announcement thread.

Atleast one of them has an EvenBalance violation and one of them is associated with a well known cheat site, oh and they're streamers at GGC! *facepalm*

We don't block users with a banned GUID cause they need to be able to appeal their ban or add information to their ticket. If you are sure about your accusations and you have evidence (although you are only able to see a name similar to a known cheater), why didn't you contact us in the interest of "working together"? I'll stop posting now, cause we made our point of view / request clear and secondly I'm not here to discuss things over and over again.

Take the tip and utilize it or not. A simple tip off should be enough for you to act and investigate, another area we appear to be more proactive in based on your response - if you determine that no action needs to be taken, as per your own policies, then don't take any but atleast investigate!

All I'm highlighting is clear flaws in your "quality checking" and your system, it's constructive criticism - you've come here and repeatedly posted responses "defending" the GGC position in response to "attacks". Whereas all we've done is post facts, which I've already said are not "attacks".

The fact that you have an individual, with very deep ties as a member of staff at a well known cheat site is worrying in itself: an individual which actively interacts at GGC and utilizes services - thus making your system extremely high risk.

We've tried with GGC in the past, we really have - the "partnership" didn't end for no reason: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/clearing-the-air-t147568.html issues which GGC still refuse to acknowledge and accept today: http://www.ggc-stream.com/news/124/PBBans+cancels+Partnership+with+GGC

Similarly I think we've made our point - many posts ago in fact.

• Upvote 2

A topic lock achieves nothing but gives the impression that PBBans isn't prepared to defend it's very valid viewpoints within it's own community.

In IRC yesterday it was discussed that had this topic have been posted over at GGC it would have been locked or deleted long before now. This topic isn't personal, it's factual and therefore has no reason to be locked - if there was flaming or heatedness then it'd be a different story.

If GGC wishes to enter a behind closed doors discussion with us then they are welcome to do so, however, when statements are made in public they deserve responses not censorship and avoidance which goes against a PBBans key objective of transparency.

• Upvote 4

IMO i think PBBANS is better ogranization That i have kwen until now...So GGC stream Staff and theirs system have to stop to discuss all around this ! I'm bored to read thats inclonclusive opinion and topic !

Let work PBBANS staff without any comment, please stop here an inconclusive discussion.

Go Go Pbbans ! You are on the right road !!

It would be nice if PBBans went a more technical route with partnering up with gameserver hosts rather than put the heat on gamers just trying to support the anti-cheat community by streaming their servers through every anti-cheat service there is. PsB and GGC understand this and I like their consideration.

PBBans I will always want my servers streaming here but I can't take the little stuff that prevent me from streaming here like create an entire clan just to go out my way of gaming to come back in my way of gaming to stream my competition servers with PBBans.

Just to be clear, I like the general effort of minimizing cheaters but I think it should go through a more technical route as I said, rather than put the heat on little simple things like make a forum you don't even have admin rights to.

Hi there,

I've just read your last post and rather then prolonging the "drama" I want to come to you personally and explain some things.

You do not have to create an entire clan, that thing is for sure. We have many small communities streaming here who have simply gone down the community route for applications.

A community application varies from a clan one in that we simply need a statement of intention to stream, a list of admins and some contact details from them such as emails. Finally server information. They can all be put into one forum topic on a small community site. Yes of course the site needs some population too.

I have in the past helped many clans/small communities get streaming by giving them details of free to build sites. If you want to try that route I can go through it with you.

Anyway I will leave those thoughts with you.

Regards

PBBans|surfy

Sounds good. I just put back up my free website for Ghost Tankers at spruz.com. Hillhopper guided me to that site back when we were competing in TWL 2v2 armor ladder. I haven't been online since February 2011 and just recently getting back into server admin and gaming. Since I been gone my free website went down but I got it back up again and will be using it to submit a reactivation account ticket using the free website. Can't wait to start streaming again. You will find my contact info (TS3 address, Xfire, E-mail) at the free website also.

• Upvote 1

There was no website requirement for many years and in Sept 2008 a person decided to add a server and stream false data to us which prompted us to make changes to our requirements.

How is that? you stream to the server not the other way around.

How is that? you stream to the server not the other way around.

Server streams log data to us and we send various commands to the server as necessary. But if you hook the server like a cheat does with games you can have the server send anything you want:

spoofed.jpg spoof cod4.jpg

That application is on the internet for anyone to find and use so the bottom line is you can't blindly trust the server hence the reason for our requirements.

I am a member of the FN Anti-Cheat force, have been for years. you need to hit up there forums and have whos in charge of the BF group add your server to there PB bans server list. been a long time since i compted on the BF ladders but the admin would add a server to the list if he was asked.

heres a link to my profile to prove i do exist there

http://www.fraggednation.com/memberList.php?action=showProfile&acctID=3932

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

PPBans has greater level of scrutiny. If you have a passion for anti-hack and wanted your server secure then you would go with mob that has a greater level of security like PBBans and thus preventing unwanted user from becoming Streaming Admins. However if you just thought that having your server "Secure" is cool and you wanted a quick fix then by all means go to a place thats easier.