PBBans and RO2 setup

scarF4ce

Hello guys i posted this over tripwire forums, but never got a reply so i will post it here on pbbans. I been wondering if anyone has setup pbbans on ro2 cuz i did and it keep crashing the server like "continuous restarts" except its not restarting but crashing, when i do a regular pb setup with no pbbans streams it works just fine. I did use the files on download section tried the manual setup and then tried the automated option but it does not support ro2 it isn't on the game list? tutorial to make it work on ro2 anyone? or it just don't work just yet?

If you used one of our sample pbsv.cfg configs remove the pb_sv_task lines as it crashes the server (Should be fixed soon).

; ------------------------------

; PB Tasks (pb_sv_task [start delay (seconds)] [repeat (seconds)] [command])

pb_sv_task 0 7200 pb_sv_ver // Keep-Alive for PBBans Hub (Do not remove. Will cause servers to appear as inactive when empty for long periods of time)

pb_sv_task 0 86400 pb_sv_update // Check for PB updates daily (More dependable than UCON system)

We will support RO2 once a few PB bugs have been fixed. Also the automated streaming setup will be updated then too to support RO2. I have it coded but the task crash bug is what I'm waiting for a fix to before releasing it.

awesome thanks :) oh btw i still get pb kick after using the guide u posted for steam pb do i have to uninstall pb completely and reinstall? then restart?

WHat is the kick message?

You can use PB setup with RO2 now and there have been a few PB updates in the last day or so.

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-pbsetup.html#usingpbsetup

http://www.pbbans.com/information-center.html

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-beginnersguide.html

Joining PBBans

Joining PBBans as a Streaming Game Admin can be achieved in 3 easy steps:

1. Create a forums account. (If you have one goto step 2)
  2. Setup your servers to stream using the PBBans Hub Guide.
  3. Signup for a Team Account.
  4. Verify your account has been setup by visiting the Forums.

Streaming isn't supported yet. Still a show stopper bug with the PB logs that needs to be fixed first.

Additional info:

The only people that can apply a fix are EvenBalance so we are totally dependent on them getting their proverbial act together.

Advance notice was supplied re this issue and as yet nothing has been done.

We are as frustrated as you but its totally out of our hands :angry:

• 1 month later...

If you used one of our sample pbsv.cfg configs remove the pb_sv_task lines as it crashes the server (Should be fixed soon).

; PB Tasks (pb_sv_task [start delay (seconds)] [repeat (seconds)] [command])

pb_sv_task 0 7200 pb_sv_ver // Keep-Alive for PBBans Hub (Do not remove. Will cause servers to appear as inactive when empty for long periods of time)

pb_sv_task 0 86400 pb_sv_update // Check for PB updates daily (More dependable than UCON system)

We will support RO2 once a few PB bugs have been fixed. Also the automated streaming setup will be updated then too to support RO2. I have it coded but the task crash bug is what I'm waiting for a fix to before releasing it.

any word on this?