PB screenshot on my server running BFBC2

Crostino

Hi,

I' m the administrator of the server of my clan, we play battlefield bad company 2

We have a problem with PB screenshot, the only thing i can see is this on file attachment

What can i do to resolve this issue?

Thanks, Fabrizio

post-156884-12743989073198_thumb.png

Hello and welcome to the site. As mentioned above, that is a known issue. One that no one seems able to reslove. There is much reading you can do on this and other simular topics. Have a look in here: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/battlefield-bad-company-2-f549.html

Your question has been covered there, along with other helpful information and tips. If you have other questions related to your server and up to date news reguarding the game, its available. Read the stickies, and browse the other stuff.cool.gif

The people are helpful and friendly. Give a shout if you have other questions.

Butt

Edited by buttscratcher

• 1 month later...

I am going to go with a guess of about 10 years until screenshots and BFBC2 work correctly. The issue has been around since before COD4 and it hasn't been fixed. So don't expect it to get fixed anytime soon.

You can get perfect screenshots.

You just have to change your ini file to play in windowed mode as opposed to full screen.

To show you, I will attach a couple of my SS's.

post-109527-099949200 1278561399_thumb.png

post-109527-080000900 1278561410_thumb.png

post-109527-047038100 1278561419_thumb.png

Edited by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain

I'm using XP, but have't tested on Vista or 7.

I'll try tomorrow on my other computer with 7 on it.

The main cause of black PBSS is anti-aliasing... which is disabled and un-enableable in BC2 with DirectX below 10. XP can't run anything above 9 :)

~

/*Pisi*/

If it actually fixed everyones screenshots, and I know in our case, we would start kicking people for invalid SS if a fix was available, then they might consider doing it if other servers kicked for that reason.

I know once a Nvidia and ATI fix was found for black screenshots in AA3, a lot of clans began kicking people now that fixes were available.

Sorry, no screenshots, no record demos, free camera is not how to deal with cheaters?

Bad that DICE leave this problem without a solution, at the moment.

Sorry, no screenshots, no record demos, free camera is not how to deal with cheaters?

Bad that DICE leave this problem without a solution, at the moment.

The situation re pbss / ingame demo recording for BFBC2 is far from ideal, that much we can all agree on :)

The best thing to do is place a modicum of trust in PB software and the PBBans MD5 checks for this particular game.

I have never known Evenbalance to be as proactive as they are for BFBC2, when compared to any PB enabled game that has gone before it.

That alone is a huge plus for me, and I hope its a sign of things to come for all future releases.

I would also hope that DICE / EB have not "given up the ghost" as it were and come up with a positive solution to the pbss / ingame demo issues.

• Upvote 1

The situation re pbss / ingame demo recording for BFBC2 is far from ideal, that much we can all agree on :)

The best thing to do is place a modicum of trust in PB software and the PBBans MD5 checks for this particular game.

I have never known Evenbalance to be as proactive as they are for BFBC2, when compared to any PB enabled game that has gone before it.

That alone is a huge plus for me, and I hope its a sign of things to come for all future releases.

I would also hope that DICE / EB have not "given up the ghost" as it were and come up with a positive solution to the pbss / ingame demo issues.

+1 i think they are trying

Future releases is undoubtedly good, but I would like to have seen something in today's. smile.gif

Strange that this has not been decided before the release of the game, it's all the same that produce a car with no brakes and then during the operation to try to attach it to the braking mechanism, which is much harder and more dangerous for those who use this machine. blink.gif

Unfortunately there is no choice and it remains only to hope, but this does not get much easier. sad.gif

you didn't come across "log only detections & global guid bans" concept yet, did you?

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-search.html

untitled.jpg

(note MBi will show

in result you will host cheaters with "undetected" (=logging) pay-hacks LoL, just check the guid in MPi two weeks later again.

there never was a demo facility (3rd person videos are useless) in BF series and it's obvious there will be none in the future. Coming from the quake3engine world i can tell this is not quite trivial, any patch will break demo code (source: J.D.Carmack, keynotes on Quake4, QuakeCon 2005) thus the development effort for version updates will be ~ doubled. Newer more complex games will not change this situation to the better.

... merging all topics on that subject, that would be ... epic :shock:

there never was a demo facility (3rd person videos are useless) in BF series and there will be none in the future

Demos from a 3rd person, I agree, not very useful, first-person would have been much more interesting. But even from a 3rd person demos is not useless and can show the fact of the rapid emergence of a player after his death, in the absence of wallhack spot, etc.

But this is offtop, conversation in this topic for talking about screenshots.

Yes, I can say that there are workarounds screenshots and I say this from experience administering BF2 servers, but nonetheless screenshots PB is one of the methods of protection and very good