PB Kick for md5tool mismatch cod2.dll

KeiserSoze

Can someone shed some light on this one for me? My friend was kicked for this one.... and I see someone has been put on the banlist for it. Now, I know %125 for sure that he doesnt hack, nor has he modified any files in his game. The team we were going to scrim all started screaming hax and kicked our whole team from their server. Now, I dont know about anyone else, but my friend was not hacking and we would like to know what is going to be done about this.

Can someone shed some light on this one for me? My friend was kicked for this one.... and I see someone has been put on the banlist for it. Now, I know %125 for sure that he doesnt hack, nor has he modified any files in his game. The team we were going to scrim all started screaming hax and kicked our whole team from their server. Now, I dont know about anyone else, but my friend was not hacking and we would like to know what is going to be done about this.

cod2.dll is from a known hack .. this means that your friend or someone who has access to his computer downloaded/installed a cheat for cod2,with that in mind i can quite categorically state that absolutely nothing will be done about this :) from your complete belief in your friend not being a cheat i take it you were sitting beside him when he got his kick and can confirm that a hack was not present in his game directory :P

cod2.dll is from a known hack .. this means that your friend or someone who has access to his computer downloaded/installed a cheat for cod2,with that in mind i can quite categorically state that absolutely nothing will be done about this :) from your complete belief in your friend not being a cheat i take it you were sitting beside him when he got his kick and can confirm that a hack was not present in his game directory :P

what hack is it from, i have seen in tons of forums about md5 tool problems, all even balance gives is a 9002 cvar issue.

what hack is it from, i have seen in tons of forums about md5 tool problems, all even balance gives is a 9002 cvar issue.

no offence but,i aint about to give complete strangers any hack information that we possess, suffice to say that cod2.dll is present in 3 hacks that we know about and have in our cheat collection point so no mistake in our detection of said dll B)

OK.... I came here for answers. You have given me none. Could this have been caused by an inexperienced server admin and the MD5tools themselves?

Is it possible that it could have been installed in some mod he picked up? PB kicks for fx_sort as well. I have joined servers that force my settings to values i dont want them to be.

I found absolutely no information on this subject anywhere on the internet. I want to know more about it. Thats why i came here.

Edited by KeiserSoze

exactly .. thats what i am wanting to know... for all i care you can keep your hacks... i am smart enough that if i wanted to cheat that i could find them on my own. I am just wanting to find out more about this problem. Thats all

OK.... I came here for answers. You have given me none. Could this have been caused by an inexperienced server admin and the MD5tools themselves?

Is it possible that it could have been installed in some mod he picked up? PB kicks for fx_sort as well. I have joined servers that force my settings to values i dont want them to be.

you wanted answers and from what i see you have all you need to know :) the answers just dont fit in with your perception of what your friend is like .. let me go through it all for you ..your friend connected to a server that has a vigilant admin who runs md5 scans on all connecting players for known hack dll's / exe's etc .. your friends computer was detected as having a known hack dll in his game directory .. your friend got kicked for this violation and is probably on that servers banlist .. if the server streams its logs to an anti cheat site he will be on their banlist and that banlist will be available to any admin who wants to integrate bans with their own .. as far as i'm aware no one bans for an fx_sort kick but that is not what you were asking about .. bottom line is, your friend got busted with a cheat dll in his game directory .. if the dll was not there it would not have been detected and all would be well in the world :)

you have 2 options .. you can have complete faith in your friend and continue to play servers that dont have him on their banlist.

or you can drop him from the clan and move on

does the server he was caught on stream to PBBans?

does the server he was caught on run PBBans recommended configs for cod2?

Well, when the first response I get is one that is completely tainted with sarcasm (from an admin no less), what else can I expect?

Then they go on to talk to me as if I'm 5 yrs old. Wow, ty for your help. :-/

But I guess anyone who comes in here to ask a simple question is automatically assumed a cheat?

Edited by KeiserSoze

KeiserSoze,

I have nothing to do with PB in anyway, so my view is not slanted, But what Fozzer is saying is that, there is only one way that your friend got the CoD2 dll file, and that is, he personal or someone using his computer went looking for it, download it to the game files, and was playing with it.

But if you stop and think about it, I would almost bet that your "friend" was one of the better player in your clan. Ask him to remove the hack and play a few rounds on your server and see if his scores stay the same, if they do great, but if they don't, you clan should say goodby to him. Either way problem solved.

KeiserSoze,

It's unfortunate when our perceptions are altered by facts, isn't it?

I've had a similar situation on my server and you have to remember that sometimes you have to look beyond your personal feelings about someone and just look at the facts.

Ask yourself this question...how did this file get into his game folder? Did it appear automagically? Probably not. Someone had to install it. If it wasn't your friend...then he needs to be kicking someone's ass because it got him banned.

If you are attempting to appeal his ban...I don't know how they do things around here but on my forum I wouldn't even consider it until I heard from the player himself (not his advocate)

I love when the answers that one seeks are not good enough, so they turn to "flaming" the admin who gave them the answer.

The file was where it did not belong, how it got there is not our concern. The fact that it was there and detected, well now that's his problem.

What amazes me is how blindly you guys follow Pb through the dark and dreary forrest. I came here to get some answers, and possibly raise some questions. If anybody has actually played COD2, then you know it is riddled with problems. This includes PB. I have seen true hax skate by and laugh at PB while walling and aimbotting our servers up.

Everyone knows that there are problems with PB. Have you fixed the 31 character GUID Issue? Until you do, any ban you implement will be useless. I am simply trying to raise awareness here. I have heard that there may be a problem with the MD5 tools and them giving false positives. On your own website, you apologize and reinstate bans on other violations after reviewing them further. All I am asking is if maybe this needs to be done here.....

....to be continued

What amazes me is how blindly you guys follow Pb through the dark and dreary forrest. I came here to get some answers, and possibly raise some questions. If anybody has actually played COD2, then you know it is riddled with problems. This includes PB. I have seen true hax skate by and laugh at PB while walling and aimbotting our servers up.

Everyone knows that there are problems with PB. Have you fixed the 31 character GUID Issue? Until you do, any ban you implement will be useless. I am simply trying to raise awareness here. I have heard that there may be a problem with the MD5 tools and them giving false positives. On your own website, you apologize and reinstate bans on other violations after reviewing them further. All I am asking is if maybe this needs to be done here.....

....to be continued

I for one play CoD2 just about everyday and yes we all know that there are problems with the game and PB, but what you got to remmeber is that all Anti-cheats can and will be bypassed, and some guy's will seek out and use hacks. But what is better? A game with PB or without it? PB will not, and can not detect all hacks(er's), seeing how new hacks are being made all the time.

Now what amazes me is how blindly you believe your friend when he saids that "he has no ideal how that file got into his game dir. and he would never use a hack. Yet the fact is he was using a hack.

Giving him the benifit of dought, and the file got there without him putting it there. He had to realize that overnight he became awhole lot better at playing CoD 2 then he ever was before. The same goes with the people in you "clan" that play with him regually. Yet him or you server Adims never question why and how he became so good overnight. But then again, he could have took a CoD 2 superman pill before he went to sleep the night before

And the kicker in this whole thread is "On your own website, you apologize and reinstate bans on other violations after reviewing them further." hopefully these are not reinstatements for being caught using hacks, and just server rules violations. But if hacks are being reinstated theres the problem, they know that if they get caught all he has to do is say, "I am sorry, kiss someones butt alttile, and he will be reinstated.

Edited by icuucme

I for one play CoD2 just about everyday and yes we all know that there are problems with the game and PB, but what you got to remmeber is that all Anti-cheats can and will be bypassed, and some guy's will seek out and use hacks. But what is better? A game with PB or without it? PB will not, and can not detect all hacks(er's), seeing how new hacks are being made all the time.

Now what amazes me is how blindly you believe your friend when he saids that "he has no ideal how that file got into his game dir. and he would never use a hack. Yet the fact is he was using a hack.

Giving him the benifit of dought, and the file got there without him putting it there. He had to realize that overnight he became awhole lot better at playing CoD 2 then he ever was before. The same goes with the people in you "clan" that play with him regually. Yet him or you server Adims never question why and how he became so good overnight. But then again, he could have took a CoD 2 superman pill before he went to sleep the night before

And the kicker in this whole thread is "On your own website, you apologize and reinstate bans on other violations after reviewing them further." hopefully these are not reinstatements for being caught using hacks, and just server rules violations. But if hacks are being reinstated theres the problem, they know that if they get caught all he has to do is say, "I am sorry, kiss someones butt alttile, and he will be reinstated.

The problem here is the file wasnt on his machine and the player did not get better overnight. He is a good player that has not changed since day one and i agree with keiser. I have a multitude of demos and not one show any sort of abnormal play.

Have you fixed the 31 character GUID Issue? Until you do, any ban you implement will be useless.

That evenbalance's job not pbbans or any other anti-cheat site.

The problem here is the file wasnt on his machine

Fact is the file was on his machine at the time of the kick if it wasn't then he wouldn't have been kicked would he.

On your own website, you apologize and reinstate bans on other violations after reviewing them further. All I am asking is if maybe this needs to be done here

there is a hell of a difference between a sof2 pk3 that raised a handful of bans and a cheat dll caught with a md5 scan, and no, it does not need to be done here.

what server was he caught on ?

does that server stream to PBBans?

does the server run PBBans configs?

Really?..... so ur MD5 tools are flawless?

ROFL ....... :o

Everyone knows that there are problems with PB. Have you fixed the 31 character GUID Issue? Until you do, any ban you implement will be useless. I am simply trying to raise awareness here. I have heard that there may be a problem with the MD5 tools and them giving false positives. On your own website, you apologize and reinstate bans on other violations after reviewing them further.

Ya see that's the beauty of it. We can add and remove any violation at anytime we choose.

The greatest part of it all is, I can empty the banlist .... and it will continue to fill up. Whether we dismiss a certain violation or not, it is still in the vault.

Again, I ask the same question as others have; what server, what guid, what clan ect. We are not making any global "stance" untill all software tools through EvenBalance are supported. Its all just data pal.

Peace,

ROFL ....... :o

Ya see that's the beauty of it. We can add and remove any violation at anytime we choose.

The greatest part of it all is, I can empty the banlist .... and it will continue to fill up. Whether we dismiss a certain violation or not, it is still in the vault.

Again, I ask the same question as others have; what server, what guid, what clan ect. We are not making any global "stance" untill all software tools through EvenBalance are supported. Its all just data pal.

Peace,

You see, this is what im talking about. All the admins here do nothing but make jokes and flame legitimate questions. How can I take anything seriously when this is the attitude from your SITE ADMINS? Is this site run by a group of people who truly want to make their software work, or are you just a bunch of 4 eyed geeks, looking to be a tough guy behind a keyboard with jokes? (that's not a flame... its a serious concern of mine.) Seeing as how the first answer I got was one that would typically come from a 13 yr old.

There were problems with PB in COD1, there are a chitload of problems with it now in COD2. How can I trust a program that has soooo many problems? Especially when I come here for answers, and all i get is flamed myself. VERY PROFESSIONAL :-/

PS.... If you were to empty the banlist for COD2, it wouldnt take very long. You have 9 bans.... all from 3 diff servers. How long has the patch been out? And a few of those are useless because of the 31 character GUID issue. This tells me a couple of things.

1. PB doesnt work

2. Most players in the COD2 community dont trust PB enough to constantly update their servers or stream to the MLB.

3. PB is riddled with problems.

4. There is a chance that there is a problem with the tools that PB uses to do its checks. There is a chance that these problems may be attributed to inexperienced sever admins implementing those buggy tools on their servers.

Call it blind faith in my friend... call it sensory numbness to the problems with the 1.2 patch and the PB that was included with it... But, I just dont trust PB.... It has now tainted the reputation of a close personal friend of mine that I have been playing with for a long time now. And I come here for answers, to get nothing but adolescent responses to valid questions. Way to run a mature website guys.

You are now free to flame as much as your immature little hearts desire. I am done with you guys. GG PB.... way to save COD2. You get a big thumbs up from me. Banning the innocent and letting the real hakers skate by.

/Peace

Edited by KeiserSoze

obviously not interested in stating what server / was the server streaming / was the server running PBBans configs ... and oh so obviously unwilling to accept the fact that his friend was caught with a cheat dll in his game directory .. dont like the answers here ? try some other anti cheat site and see what you get.

Maybe your "friend" was one of these

Server: 62.75.214.154:28960 - GUID: 412be05f (COD2) - Alias: iceman - MD5 Catch: CoD2.dll (len=2048) (BANNED)

Server: 66.225.194.55:28960 - GUID: 5799a07d (COD2) - Alias: =VnR= - MD5 Catch: CoD2.dll (len=2048) (BANNED)

Now those people are lucky they had a 31 character guid therefore avoided getting added to the MBI so they get a second chance.