Obvious Aimbot with no detection

Tenacity

Here are a couple of videos of an obvious aimbot that was in our server. I just recently joined the clan and have very little pull. An ex member who still has access to the server posted the logs on this guy and I can supply the info if you can help us out.

These vids are converted to wmv but untouched.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am not sure what kind of experience the current admins have but I will do my best to see if they will start streaming.

thanks for taking a look B)

It's always nice to catch hackers but until the server is streaming then no bans will be added from that server no matter what info you can supply unfortunately. PBBans policy.

Pester the admins to get set up with streaming, there's tonnes of info on how to do it & the sooner the better so that we can deal with these people via screenshot bans, demo bans or cvar catches.

He has to be in the server while streaming, that is the only way that the play can be verified.

Like most cheaters though, this one will return and then if the server is streaming then any cheaters caught will be placed on the Master Ban Index :)

Streaming is easy to do and only takes a few minutes to set up.

some useful information can be found here

and a guide to setting up streaming is here.

So get streaming and get some punks banned :D

@(*0*)@

Topic is a bit misleading :)

You will probably find that this llama and a lot like him will be detected once your server is running the relevant cheat related cvar/md5 scans.

These will be available to the server admin as soon as streaming is verified.

I don't think it will because his guid turns up nothing and PB didn't catch him. He appears to be clean... but obviously isn't. I am not sure he will be able to return to our server because they said that they perm banned him. IMO he did a lot of damage to the server because he ran many off.

Oh ok am I to understand that PBBan streaming will insure that a Punkbusted player will remain banned from any PBBan streamed server because being kicked by Punkbuster is not enough?

Sorry if I am asking stupid questions this is new to me. :huh:

No stupid questions, just unasked ones. ;)

PBBans is a seperate entity from PB itself. Basically, what pbbans does is provide cvar and MD5 verifiable checks that can be added to your pb configs to check beyond what pb does by itself. All info is based on fact, and knowing what to look for. Streaming provides us with logs to verify your server's catches of llamma's that use in-game cheats we know about and can check for.

PB in itself is a great tool, yet it can always be improved upon, and that's really what pbbans strives to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Then why not add these cheaters to the MBL as its misleading by having them classed as clean when you know they are not?

Or at least have somthing to say they are banned by PB because the tag "Clean" is not correct and is infact untrue + misleading.

Then why not add these cheaters to the MBL as its misleading by having them classed as clean when you know they are not?

Or at least have somthing to say they are banned by PB because the tag "Clean" is not correct and is infact untrue + misleading.

No its not misleading.

The only bans that are issued directly by EvenBalance themselves are globalguid / hardware bans.

This type of ban is a completely seperate entity than bans made based on PB sofware banable kick violations, and bans raised by PBBans provided cvar/md5 scans, and as such the global ban information is available to admins who use our services as additional info only.

Globalguid bans are issued by EB for a variety of reasons.

As far as PBBans is concerned the players pbguid is "clean" because it has not raised a banable violation.

We provide the global ban info as a little extra, and is not viewable to the general public.