Nvidia Forums Hacked

SuperTaz

I got this email from nvidia's site:

Dear NVIDIA Forum User,

We suspended operations of the NVIDIA Forums last week in response to suspicious activity and immediately began an investigation. We apologize that our continuing investigation is taking this long. Know that we are working around the clock to ensure that secure operations can be restored.

Our investigation has identified that unauthorized third parties gained access to some user information, including:

• username

• email address

• hashed passwords with random salt value

• public-facing “About Me” profile information

NVIDIA did not store any passwords in clear text. “About Me” optional profiles could include a user’s title, age, birthdate, gender, location, interests, email and website URL – all of which was already publicly accessible.

NVIDIA is continuing to investigate this matter and is working to restore the Forums as soon as possible. We are employing additional security measures to minimize the impact of future attacks.

All user passwords for our Forums will be reset when the system comes back online. At that time, an email with a temporary password, along with instructions on how to change it, will be sent to your registered email address.

As a precautionary measure, we strongly recommend that you change any identical passwords that you may be using elsewhere.

NVIDIA does not request sensitive information by email. Do not provide personal, financial or sensitive information (including new passwords) in response to any email purporting to be sent by an NVIDIA employee or representative.

Check back on the NVIDIA Forums for updates.

I always get worried by all these forums running old versions, especially since I help run a vbulletin forum myself, so every time there's a security patch, and I go look at some game developers board, it irks the shit out of me to see them running an old version.

• Upvote 1

I always get worried by all these forums running old versions, especially since I help run a vbulletin forum myself, so every time there's a security patch, and I go look at some game developers board, it irks the shit out of me to see them running an old version.

^^this