net_SendPacket ??

TALON1973

I haven't encountered this one ,but google my all seeing interweb buddy reports lots of people putting this down to either router going nuts or Norton internet security blocking net .?

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/viewtop...fc111b506de98dd

Have you checked also you haven't picked up some malware/spyware or virus ? few other people report this as a problem Also.

If it isn't any of these sry bud but i don't know .

if you're using a router try this..

first try directly connecting your Highspeed to your main computer and see if you're getting the same error.

if no error then read below.

Some routers have issues with punkbuster if your router is one listed below make sure you have the following done:

Linksys - possible solution: Use firmware 1.44.2

Motorola - possible solution: Update to latest firmware

Netgear - possible solution: Disable SPI (statefull packet inspection)

(i've heard d-link's also have issues not sure the problem there though i use to use one and had no problems)

you may need to adjust the routing to include ports used by PB's auto-update feature. PunkBuster Clients use outgoing UDP Port 24349 to get security info from the PunkBuster Master Servers, PunkBuster Servers use UDP Ports 24349 and 24305.

Second:

If you're getting an error while being directly connected to your highspeed (no router) read below

also if your using Nortons <Enter one of there craptacular product names here> you will need to either correctly set it up to work in conjunction with PB and the game or just Uninstall it and use a real protection software

i'm using a bt voyager 205 router but use talk talk for broadband . have it connected up using cat5 cable to pc . up until 3 days ago i was also getting the norton rules box popping up ALL the Bloddy time. i eventually turned the auto rules off and now do it manually .

lol i never understand why anyone would want to turn off their firewall . the link you posted gobbo doesn't really explain the problem , although now i know i'm not alone :(

i cant see how its a norton problem as my et was working fine before , unless an update has borked it somehow

hmm.......i think it could be a punkbuster update thats messed things up . after googling it seems to be happening on multiple games ..... all of which have pb .... coincidence ????? i dont think so

my et was working fine and dandy with my norton until recently and giong by pbs record i'd say it was them at fault rather than norton

my console floods sometimes with :-

Net_SendPacket: WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL

anyone know what that is ??

only happened in the last week or so

DNS or routing problem

A common theme from the posts i read this morning was Norton internet security blocking games . Then you respond you are on norton :P . would seem coincidental you are on norton , turn auto rules off ..eg make changes to norton and about the same time you encounter/notice problems .

There are plenty of free trials for DECENT security software available . As i understand it a condom over your Lan cable is as effective as norton :P :P and will free up 40% of your system resources :o

On topic though If i were encountering such problems i would fully re boot my router via control panel then double check my internet setup in winblows. if that didn't solve it i would download and try new security software switching off the old .

As i understand it a condom over your Lan cable is as effective as norton

AHAHHAHAHHHHHHHAHAHHAAAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHHHHAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAAA

i pissed myself LMAO!!!

norton softwere is junk, stopped using it years ago.

A common theme from the posts i read this morning was Norton internet security blocking games . Then you respond you are on norton :P . would seem coincidental you are on norton , turn auto rules off ..eg make changes to norton and about the same time you encounter/notice problems .

There are plenty of free trials for DECENT security software available . As i understand it a condom over your Lan cable is as effective as norton :P :P and will free up 40% of your system resources :o

On topic though If i were encountering such problems i would fully re boot my router via control panel then double check my internet setup in winblows. if that didn't solve it i would download and try new security software switching off the old .

ROFL @ "a condom over your Lan cable is as effective as norton :P". So so true. Never have I seen a company go from such quality software to such junk as Symantec did with the Norton brand of products.

auto rules has been turned off.... et has full permission . although i have just noticed i have 2 versions of et in my start/ all programme menu . one says wolfenstien Enemy territory ... the other says just ET

now ive no idea where the ET one has come from . going to try desperate tactics first and uninstall everything of et ( except maps ) , and see if that works.

i dont fiddle much with norton ..... how would i check to allow et to fully run if ther is a problem ?

sighs............reinstall did nothiing. same problem........it just appears at random.. completly messign my game up and it lags me no end and always costs me a duel

hmm.............on the subject of the 2nd et in all programmes..........when i go into add/delete programmes its listed as :- et update mod .... when i try to remove it i get :-

ERROR

C:\Documents and Settings\OWEN\Desktop\soundpacks\Uninstal_14330.txt

script file not found

uninstall aborted

when i click on the "click here for support info" i get :- a link which takes me here :-

http://www.albertonunes.com/miguel/

take a look in the parent directory

now ive no clue what the hell that is as i think its in spanish but have i got some sort of spam bot inside my et causing the net send thing ?

ok i got it fixed ( for now )

i went on liev chat to a symantec rep and gave them complete access to my pc

basically the fix is ( and imo this is plain dumb ) , make sure your programmes have permit all , instead of automatic .

personally i would have thought automatic was the same thing , and for 4 years thats how ive run it....but seems to do the trick.......................wierd