Need Help banning Someone... PERMINANTLY

=DEF= Maj.Knaggsy

Hello everyone, we have an annoying hacker which we need solving.

Basically, this guy was in our clan and we caught him hacking. it was obvious anyways but we reviewed hours of battlerecorder footage and proved byond doubt that he was hacking. He even admitted to it.

Problem is, he wont leave us alown. We ban him, he comes back. He seems to be able to change his IP at will and hash. However can you do a PB ban to completely ban his account from our server (and yours if you like).

He goes by two main names:

Lander

MrPink

However we have seen him with others and even no name. All the same guy of course as he gives the same all "smack talk" in chat and admits its him. Basically, i have personally banned him over 10 times now, on our website and the gameserver with no affect. Hacks he uses which we have proved:

Wall Hack,

Fog Hack,

Aimbot,

Name Hack,

IP/Cash Hack

However its likly hes using more such as centurion and Dr. G. We have an abundance of evidance in the form of battlerecorder files i can provide upon request. Or can be feely downloaded from:

http://www.rackage.com/downloads/servers/1...3.47.165/16569/

He was online last night during our rushhour, and had to ban him using 2142CC like 8 times before he came unto our forums/shoutbox.

Any help here in issuing a perminant ban?

Thanks,

Maj. Knaggsy

---------------------

He has also had the following hash's:

81e8c340970611ad54bb734be6b5fbcb

472a70f9d05d406d78ca4587365532e0

177f891178cbcd9a6a6f333162ad111d

5db87c4daf1e01230f7d17aa5697c083

d1601426d8d0fa2d9270cbc9856adeb8

4c164626514a1851c5774e45fb2392de

550dab133d1583ce48c417cf5506dd09

56baf57e9a86e049fe7b77e48f171fd7

9bce8a4cef08865a41b2a3e7044d1779

836c0f8b93f6dc382d01ae725e4baefd

e22d0381b69c08655e7a6bd15ede98bb

Each with a new IP also, always starting in 81 but the rest of the segments always different.

----------------------

Attached Evidance (More Available Upon Request)

Using battlerecorder, here are some stills of one moment:

MrPink_ aiming and firing in the direction of silo 1 from silo 3 at a invicible target:

screen012-3.jpg

Tracing his bullets making their way towards the still inviseble target:

screen013.jpgA

look back at MrPink_ position:

screen014.jpg

The target:

screen015-1.jpg

Oh no, there were two targets

screen016-1.jpg

This has also been witnessed by over 25 clan members on different occasions.

Edited by =DEF= Maj.Knaggsy

That is a lot of excellent information.

Your status currently appears to be a 'Member'. I'm guessing one of the first steps to getting rid of this person is to start streaming to PBBans, if your group isn't already, and add another cheater to the list of bans. :)

PBBans Hub Streaming Guide

PBBans Starters Guide

PBBans Team Application

IP or GUID banning is generally the most effective.

GUID banning:

pb_sv_banguid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IP banning:

pb_sv_banmask 12.34.56.78

There's really not much PBBans can do to ban the offending player. All bans require hard evidence, either via streaming log files or screenshots.

However, there are other ways to ban the guy. For one, try banning all the player names he uses. Names in BF2142 can't be as easily changed as GUIDs and what not. Mainly thanks to EA's user login system, which only allows five soldiers per account. Essentially, they'd have to delete/create a new soldier each time. I'm sure there's a way around it, but at least banning his player name should help.

To ban his player name, use PunkBuster. Enter the following commands in either the BF2CC console or via RCON, or if you manage the PunkBuster files yourself, add it directly to the pbsv.cfg file:

pb_sv_badname 0 MrPink

pb_sv_badname is the command, 0 is the time in which the player is given before being kicked (in your case, it should be zero), and MrPink is the player name. Now PunkBuster will kick anyone with "mrpink" in their name (I believe it's case-INsensitive).

I made a server manager program for BF2142 that has a permanent ban feature. Basically, it bans a player IP, PB GUID, keyhash, clan tag, and their player name. It makes it that much harder for them to join our server. Unfortunately, it's not something I'll be releasing to the public any time soon, so the pb_sv_badname via PunkBuster is your best bet.