MD5ToolMismatch

illinstinct

I was wondering if anyone new what this is??

A friend of mine got banned from this. I have played in Lans with him and can back him up.

Any chance this can be a false ban???

your friend can appeal his ban and send in the file in question . This will confirm if it is a mistake or not .

Usually an appeal this ban button is on the ban itself .

and if his/her appeal got denied it means the file was infact cheatrelated and a cheat is or has been running on that persons computer.

PBBans also bans for past cheating :)

We've always warned our members: DO NOT TEST HACKS! :)

Hey 5chaap

Ya wel i dont have the file. And he talked to an admin and he said that there was no possibility that it was a mistake. I dont know if he looked at the files or not. Now it says appeal denied or whatever...

The md5tool doesn't make up detections.. the file was present at the time of the detection..

If he didn't send in the file we probably recognized the md5hash as a positive match wich means we dont even need the file. we allready know whats in it :)

They also post the md5hash in the ban, witch you can check to a few other bans should you wish to make sure it is the same file. That hash is one of a kind and matches to the file contents, not just a file name.

correct fuzzzy thats why from some people we dont even need the file anymore because the hash is the same :)

but it is a logfile so sometimes it has a different hash :)

Damn it ........ why a ban .......? i tink thats to hardy couz i get banned for md5tool mismatch and i become a esl penalty in the next days i think... :( :huh: thats stupid becouse i would never hack on a pb server i only test 1or 2 hax for fun on a public without pb ...... :angry: :angry: ......... hmmmm i think thats sucks and must be change n next time........ :( :(

Damn it ........ why a ban .......? i tink thats to hardy couz i get banned for md5tool mismatch and i become a esl penalty in the next days i think... :( :huh: thats stupid becouse i would never hack on a pb server i only test 1or 2 hax for fun on a public without pb ...... :angry: :angry: ......... hmmmm i think thats sucks and must be change n next time........ :( :(

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19407

We don't post those sticky's in every subforum just so ppl can go on and ignore it.. don't ever test hacks.

PBBans also bans for past cheating when detected..

Final word: Bans for this Violation are valid and stay. Nothing to discuss rly, end of.

In line with our zero tolerance policy re hacks - we actively search for known hack files and a claim of "testing" or not using them at the time will not get a removal off our Master Ban Index - testing hacks is an EvenBalance staff job and is in no way,shape or form the responsibility of server admins.

Many hacks contain trojans to steal cd keys etc and are so deeply rooted into your system that a complete removal is often very hard to accomplish.

bottom line - under no circumstances test cheats on your pc,it could produce major headaches for you and the clan you represent