Losing Key Packets 9014 & violation ( ignoring Queries #9006

GoGoBrownRanger

Either;

Firewall issue.

Not logged in as admin of your own PC.

Run pbsetup.exe.

Update PB services;

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php?page=pbsvc

This didn't help me. I played with my firewall and anti-virus off. I did the pbsetup.exe. I updated my pb manual and automatic. Re-installed pb. Nothing helped.. I still get kicked for "losing packets 9014" (or line 79, whatever that means).

So pls can someone help me... I'm desperate :( I can't play a whole map to its ending before getting kicked :s

Hell

This didn't help me. I played with my firewall and anti-virus off. I did the pbsetup.exe. I updated my pb manual and automatic. Re-installed pb. Nothing helped.. I still get kicked for "losing packets 9014" (or line 79, whatever that means).

So pls can someone help me... I'm desperate :( I can't play a whole map to its ending before getting kicked :s

Hell

Please make a ticket with Evenbalance:

http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php?game=et

Supply them below information while making ticket so they can look into the issue a little faster:

Join a PB server, and drop the console with ~, then type

pb_logtofile 1

and then

pb_writecfg

Wait until you get kicked. Now check your ..\pb folder for a file called pbcl.log If you have hidden your file extensions, please make sure you open pbcl.log and not pbcllog.cfg! or pbcl.db Paste the line from there into a new note.

Please note: Users of Windows Vista and above will find that file under "C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\[game]\pb". To find that folder, enter "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\" to the navigation bar in your Windows Explorer, as some folders in this path might be hidden folders. Unless you activated the option to see hidden folders, you will need to enter the correct path directly into the navigation bar.

In case the kick occurs too fast to type the commands, go to your PB folder and create a plain text file "pbcl.cfg" in it (use a text editor like "Notepad", make sure it has no additional '.txt' extension). Put the text "pb_logtofile 1" as a single line to it. Then save the file and join a PB enabled server. After getting kicked, you should have a file "pbcl.log" in the PB folder.

Please make a ticket with Evenbalance:

http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php?game=et

Supply them below information while making ticket so they can look into the issue a little faster:

I submited a ticket for this problem over a week ago.

I got that exact same message.

"Join a PB server, and drop the console with ~, then type

pb_logtofile 1

and then

pb_writecfg

Wait until you get kicked. Now check your ..\pb folder for a file called pbcl.log If you have hidden your file extensions, please make sure you open pbcl.log and not pbcllog.cfg! or pbcl.db Paste the line from there into a new note.

Please note: Users of Windows Vista and above will find that file under "C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\[game]\pb". To find that folder, enter "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\" to the navigation bar in your Windows Explorer, as some folders in this path might be hidden folders. Unless you activated the option to see hidden folders, you will need to enter the correct path directly into the navigation bar.

In case the kick occurs too fast to type the commands, go to your PB folder and create a plain text file "pbcl.cfg" in it (use a text editor like "Notepad", make sure it has no additional '.txt' extension). Put the text "pb_logtofile 1" as a single line to it. Then save the file and join a PB enabled server. After getting kicked, you should have a file "pbcl.log" in the PB folder."

I posted the log.

That was six days ago.

No reply, not even to say they are working on it..

Submiting a ticket does not seem to help at all.

Their last update messed things up.

Everyday there are more threads started on more forums about this problem.

The problem is not at the players end, it is a problem with PB and their last update.

This is happening everywhere. People are being kicked two or three or four at a time.

I have not played a game since the update that has not ended with me being kicked for this 9014.

Pb has messed this up, and I see no mention anywhere that they are taking responsibilty for it, or that they are working on a solution.

have a little patience

i realize it has been a week, but, consider how many tickets they must get.

i would rather them work on the situation than to waste time stroking my back and whispering sweet nothings in my ear

09/15/2010 13:41:38 - "Glenn C"

Note #3: We don't see any reason to believe that this is due to anything regarding the server itself, but rather the players that are having the issue.

Glenn, replied to my friends ticket, who also runs server for his clan.

Till now PB have issued more then 1800 kicks for #9014 error on just one of my server. No matter what my members do, they are getting kicked every few minutes.

seems unlikely that it isn't something with PB. whether it is client or server side code

especially since the uproar started right after an update

maybe they will release another update soon to fix it

whether or not they ever admit there was a problem

of course by then a lot of the server owners are going to be used to running w/o PB....

seems unlikely that it isn't something with PB. whether it is client or server side code

especially since the uproar started right after an update

maybe they will release another update soon to fix it

whether or not they ever admit there was a problem

of course by then a lot of the server owners are going to be used to running w/o PB....

Issue was reported on same day. Since 9.4.2010 massive kicks started. It's 9.18.2010. It's been 2 weeks.

1. Most of the admins dropped PB on there servers because after 12.09.2009 update it added massive lags. Few admins who hated cheaters kept on using PB because there was no other option left. Sure, admins complained on splashdamage forums and I 'guess' result is Brink is going to use VAC.

2. In there last update, PB is just actively kicking players for #9014 and now remaining server admins are also dropping PB because no server admin would like to run his server empty.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=support-et.php

I have attached the timeline/# of kick for Ignoring Queries from one of my server log.

pb kicks.txt

Sure, admins complained on splashdamage forums and I 'guess' result is Brink is going to use VAC.

well it isn't the first time that there has been an obvious SNAFU after an update and they deny it or go years claiming it is outdated client hardware or drivers, etc

can't really blame devs for going with something hooked into a pretty sweet marketing/delivery system when the only real alternative seems to be dieing on the vine

Edited by HSMagnet

so no more news from punkbuster ? :(

we tried to back with punk and still a lot been kicked .....

more we will sent them a ticket maybe they will try to fix these crappy kicks

if only we could run pbbans without punkbuster ....

Edited by macbeth

Yep this is getting silly.

The server is running fine with a lot of players on it and then the PB-cycle comes by and just a few players are still ingame.

I hope they gone fix it soon because players are getting sick of being kicked by PB for this every few minutes.

If not the only fix will be turn off PB and that

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the servers in W:ET are going NON PB just because of this very reason. Our members are getting kicked on daily basis. Now a days, most of us play on our non pb server.

PS We have to disable PB on our servers, for same reason.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like EB isn`t interessted about this problem.

About 10 members of our clan sent a support ticket.

All were answered with the same f*****g text modules, ignoring completly the content-details of the tickets.

Dunno why these update crap was released. No benefits visible, only problems.

I asked all the clan members, to appeal Activision to cancel all further agreements with EB.

Punkbuster became a real buy killer argument.

Just my 2 cents

Regards

etwfz

aka

Schnoog

Evenbalance answered to mine ticket 11/04/2010 14:54:27 - Tony R I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We expect to have an update out soon to address this issue.

wait and see....

Edited by macbeth

I asked all the clan members, to appeal Activision to cancel all further agreements with EB.

Punkbuster became a real buy killer argument.

Honestly I think they already have for new games. IW, Treyarch and Splash Damage all are using VAC for their games now.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Evenbalance done it once again.

More problems, server get emptied every 5 minutes.

182 kicks (9014) today, on one single server.

Great work EVENBALANCE.

Next count on my:

"Never buy a punkbuster-secured game" - list

Edited by ETW-FZ

Shame on EB :( They are killing the game!

A lot of ET players still play ET due rankings (http://et.trackbase.net) but if they continue like this, the game won't live long anymore!

All players wanna rank, and rating can't be on hack servers --.--

EB is just careless, they don't care about past games that are actually still played by tons of players, ah why would they? They are just blind going after money, not thinking of why companies would actually use PB, as they get bad reputation due to these things, they can forget there future and die soon too. Which company would like to work together with shit companies as EB?

And then about the latest update, man, it's unbelievable?! What kinda coders do they have? They just do something without testing it lol :S?

They just "do" something and release it, without f**** test it! Now it's ever more shit than before.

Ow yeah, Evenbalance is so amazing! (At making shit!)