LIMIT TIME FOR BAN!

SHKNR

Hello Admins and Players, today i have a suggestion for you.

Well as i you know we have a problem with GUID, if you were banned in a game, and you still banned in  another game for same GUID, like i've been in BF3 and 1 year later for doing nothing my problem is in BF4.

I bought the game and can't play because of it.

So i have a suggestion for a time limit like 1 year for ban.

Will be a really good punishment, what do you think about?

Edited by SHKNR

The answer I believe will be once a guid is compromised it cannot be unbanned due to the risk of the same account being used again for hacking and still in the hands of said hacker. I also believe it would be too risky for evenbalance and its integrity.

By all means wait for staff to answer but I believe your idea will not be implemented.

Edited by DHGreeny

It raises the price of cheating which hopefully will make some think twice before trying cheats. Valve has done it for years

The Valve Anti-Cheat system is enabled for servers displaying the Secured shield logo. Using custom skins, sounds or maps and playing multi-player mods which do not modify core .EXE and .DLL files will not result in a VAC ban

Cheating in one of the following Source games will result in a VAC ban for all games in the list and your items from Team Fortress 2 will be removed except any items that have been purchased:

• Counter-Strike: Source
  • Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
  • Day of Defeat: Source
  • Team Fortress 2
Cheating in one of the following Gold Source games will result in a VAC ban for all games in the list:
  • Counter-Strike
  • Condition Zero
  • Ricochet
  • Day of Defeat
  • Team Fortress Classic
  • Half-Life: Deathmatch
  • Deathmatch Classic

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869

• Upvote 3

As I told another user with a cross ban:

Your options are:

1) Appeal the other game ban (if done and denied then goto #2)

2) Play on servers that don't use the Cross Game Ban option (Or Official servers since they block PB kicks)

As an example BF4stats states BF4 has about 10,300 servers, 1,552 of them stream to PBBans and I think about 900 have the Cross Game ban flag enabled.

That's about 14% of all BF4 servers use PBBans therefore there are many that don't which you can play on.

I understand but it's really bad this shared GUID by games, this sould be changed, i still have a hope it can be changed.

It never will so don't get your hopes up.

Though it's not rocket science it's a simple formula: install game, play clean/don't cheat = clean history NO BAN!

I like the cross game bans, like you pipes1 should be more of it across other games, it's taken all this time to come up to similar systems like what steam use across multiple games.

• Upvote 1

Where's your ban? Can we have a link?

Sent for PM

@Topic

Of course guys it's the best way, thanks for your opinions.

I won't explain what happened , there's no need, but don't judge, 

I guess i will have to buy another account,cross game is really useful.

• 1 month later...

our server admins check individuals . if we see a ban in any other Battlefield server we will ban you in ours . its swift and banned for ever . Cheat 1 time , you will always be considered a cheater .

• Upvote 1

our server admins check individuals . if we see a ban in any other Battlefield server we will ban you in ours . its swift and banned for ever . Cheat 1 time , you will always be considered a cheater .

Only problem with that is if a Badmin bans a legit player  , which ive seen happen plenty of times to even some of my clan mates.

thats why the Cross game ban is a great function, takes the Guesswork out of it

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

I was banned yesterday from that random "GAMEHACK" #81 something, I forgot the rest of the numbers, but having that happen sucked. I never even hacked D:. Even now, I am getting banns from what I think is admins on the server thinking I am a cheater now, and that is just annoying. I was banned from my favorite server because of this. 

It went like this. *Joins favorite server =rtr= #4* *Gets kicked by punkbuster for GAMEHACK#18somthingsomthingsomthing* *Waits untill today when ban is lifted* *Gets banned by admin for 99999 hours, no reason given*