Just desserts.

kraxus187

Its nice to know that when you report something to EvenBalance (even though you may not be the only one doing so) the right result happens.

Not long ago I posted about a player and his suspicious playing and unreal scores..including his name and stats...all of which was sent to EvenBalance as well.

The post was duly edited by staff for "hackusations"...(which I still think is rediculous seeing as screenshots with players names and guids get posted on a semi-regular basis with a request for a decision on submittal due to a cheat of some sort. But thats just my opinion *shrugs*)

Nice to see I was right and that EvenBalance were already on the case.: http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-86c1b8bc-vb218216.html

Just goes to show that while we all think they never seem to be on the ball and cheaters are getting away wityh it...a little bit of patience goes a long way.

• Upvote 1

The BF series of games has always thrown up cheat accusations based on scores or stats.

The main reason for this is no ingame demo facility, and with BFBC2, no pbss facility for most.

One of our core ethics is a player is always given the benefit of the doubt when there is no concrete evidence to support claims of cheat use.

For BFBC2 the evidence must be either an MD5 scan detection, a pbss detection or a full blown EB detection.

When we come across posts that contain player details that the general public have no access to, those details are moderated as a matter of course.

Your scenario is not a rare one and all we ask is that admins display a modicum of patience when dealing with sus players before getting the pitchforks out of the closet :)

Example:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/server-streaming-and-no-problem-for-the-cheater-t141639.html

The post was duly edited by staff for "hackusations"...(which I still think is rediculous seeing as screenshots with players names and guids get posted on a semi-regular basis with a request for a decision on submittal due to a cheat of some sort. But thats just my opinion *shrugs*)

A PBSS can be confirmed as a cheat or deemed clean by users and/or staff, stats are just stats. Therefore the two are not really the same.

Anyway two weeks since your original post, shows that just sometimes the system catches up with them just when they're starting to get cocky :)