Import of all global pbbans to BF2CC. Possible?

mtum-martin

I have found out, that it is possible to download the complete file of almost 14.000 issued bans for different kinds of cheat in BF2 as *.XML

Does anyone know for certain, if it is possible to import this file directly into the BF2CC?

I can see that the top of the document is pretty much identical with the backupfile, that you can export from the BF2CC.

BF2CC bans are based on hash and not GUID, so I don't think it will work.

You could simply upload the pbbans.dat file to your server, though.

If I retrieve a backupfile from the BF2CC I will get an XML-file, and you are sure I can upload a DAT-file to it? I

Maydax what do you meen hashkeys are different. The hashkey is listed correctly with 32 digits in the downloadable file from pbbans - just like in the file, you use to backup the bf2cc.

So it doesnt look like, the file is currently useable for bf2cc, but wouldnt it be possible to make a program for processing the downloadfile into something readable in bf2cc? (I have a friend who is currently looking into the programming part)

1) And if the answer is yes - is it legal to issue bans based on pbbans official list of cheaters?

2) Will this by any chance overwrite the currently banned players in bf2cc, or will it just add to the list?

3) Will it cause problems in bf2cc, if you import a ban, which is already in the banlist?

Just asking these questions, because bf2cc acts strange sometimes, and doesn

Edited by mtum-martin

Lucky Fr4gger - I dont understand the purpose of uploading the dat-file to my pb-folder. Would this have some kind of function?

Maydax what do you meen hashkeys are different. The hashkey is listed correctly with 32 digits in the downloadable file from pbbans - just like in the file, you use to backup the bf2cc.

So it doesnt look like, the file is currently useable for bf2cc, but wouldnt it be possible to make a program for processing the downloadfile into something readable in bf2cc? (I have a friend who is currently looking into the programming part)

1) And if the answer is yes - is it legal to issue bans based on pbbans official list of cheaters?

2) Will this by any chance overwrite the currently banned players in bf2cc, or will it just add to the list?

3) Will it cause problems in bf2cc, if you import a ban, which is already in the banlist?

Just asking these questions, because bf2cc acts strange sometimes, and doesn