i think my pnkbstrb keeps deleteing itsself...

sybrantfury

• 10 months later...

Same thing...I noticed that PnkBstrB.exe was shutting down too. I'll reboot my system & check my services & there it is with ""A.exe & they're both set to automatic. But, it will disappear after a couple of minutes & I can't restart the service without rebooting my comp. I am the admin on my system & both A & B are allowed through firewall. I've updated my drivers, reinstalled PB, etc. but am still having this issue. A friend that plays has had no problems at all with it & I was asking him about his process list in task manager & his services list. He said neither A or B were running in task manager but both were running in services. "A" runs in my task manager & services but "B" is no where to be found on either. I'm running XP & he's running Vista, but I really don't think that has anything to do with it.

I'm definitely NOT trying to cheat or hack...I just want to play the game!!

Same thing...I noticed that PnkBstrB.exe was shutting down too. I'll reboot my system & check my services & there it is with ""A.exe & they're both set to automatic. But, it will disappear after a couple of minutes & I can't restart the service without rebooting my comp. I am the admin on my system & both A & B are allowed through firewall. I've updated my drivers, reinstalled PB, etc. but am still having this issue. A friend that plays has had no problems at all with it & I was asking him about his process list in task manager & his services list. He said neither A or B were running in task manager but both were running in services. "A" runs in my task manager & services but "B" is no where to be found on either. I'm running XP & he's running Vista, but I really don't think that has anything to do with it.

I'm definitely NOT trying to cheat or hack...I just want to play the game!!

have you done pb setup?