Hiding Pb guid ?

nOv1c3

I have seen a few players hiding there pb guid . Nothing comes up on the pb_plist command

No nick no slot number no guid

The q4max "players" console command bring them up but thats not the same thing

Just wondering why some one would hide there guid ? Is this a q4 bug ? or can this be done in other PB games ?

Thanks for any info

Edited by nOv1c3

Never heard of that. It would be interesting to have a screenshot of it.

Personally I think it's only a bug. Maybe a voluntary malformated nick causes it ?

Next time i catch some one i well grab a SS

Oh and bann his arse from the clan server

I bet he spoofing it . He got real defensive when i hit him up about it

Only reasone i can think of some one doiung this is for bypassing banns or using aimbot or hacks or using a warez copy of the game

Either way he is up to no good if he hiding the guid

And RodeoBob had to say it..... ;) Get your streaming app in, for sure, and perhaps have the llama added to the ban-list here, as well as let us in on what it is he's doing. ;)

I'm not sure about Quake4, but there's a similar bug in BF2142. Sometimes slot #17 doesn't show, and the player isn't recognized by PB at all - no screenshots can be requested and they can't be kicked. It's happened to me, so it's gotta be some sort of bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply . But i believe we have both clan servers streaming to pbbans now :P

ps: I did find out you can manipulate PB guid in q4 just by messing around with com_guid in your config

Edited by nOv1c3

Sorry for the late reply . But i believe we have both clan servers streaming to pbbans now :P

ps: I did find out you can manipulate PB guid in q4 just by messing around with com_guid in your config

I will post my usual reply to queries of this nature ;p

The one constant when a player connects to a PB enabled server is the server assigned pbguid that can be found in the sv logs.

It is this constant that is used by every anti cheat site when applying a ban.

Players can manipulate whatever they want on the client side, it makes not one jot of difference to the pbguid that the server assigns on connecting players.

• 1 year later...

yes i dont get this to be honest searched everywhere whis only place found some answers im an admin on warcamp (=sw=) no1fire-satarter and im searching people that i think are hacking and no guid is found, i thought this might be a glitch but i have found it on about 20 different people over last 2 weeks who i have thought was hacking. I do a pbbans search on every player in server every half hour and its just getting more and more frequent everyday!!! So maybe its not a glitch then :blink: confussed lol

Nothing comes up on the pb_plist command

i remember the same report from a Q4 server 1-2 years ago, so likely a bug; could be an exploit (rather than a cheat/hack) as well, e.g. fake clients or a flooded rcon (DOS), maybe you find something here http://aluigi.altervista.org/search.php?src=Doom+3+engine.

Note you cannot say a certain player was - actively - hiding his guid, anybody could be initiator, some exploits will not even require to be connected to a server as a player ...

I would suggest always to use the PB server-sided tools and commands i.e. /Rcon pb_sv_PList , incase Rcon is unresponsive (DOS / Rcon PW-brute force) it's always handy to have the pb WebTool http://www.evenbalance.com/publications/q4...dex.htm#webtool setup, that will still work nonetheless ;)