Help

Precautions

Hey this will be a little drawn out there's a fair bit to explain.

I play BF 2142 I have a store brought version of the game that i had to register to get the account and have had it for well over a year, I've been recently banned from the last active server for having Multiple GUID alias's

**I was banned by the admin of the server {NOT PB OR GGC} after they did a PB search on my account or GUID im not sure how it works anyway they have said they found 122 Alias's over 141 IP address's over countless country's and told me that i am using a hacked account. They also said its got countless ban's I've also never been banned by PB or GGC nor have i ever had a warning and when i looked at a screen shot of the report they are looking at it seems to be of other games that i do not even own?

Can anyone tell me if my account really is getting pinged for these and how i get pinged for games I'm not playing and don't own over country's I'm not in they are convinced some thing is suspect and without some prof that they have searched some thing wrong or that there's a glitch on PB side of things I'm doomed to the side lines lol.

This is the Img of the report they screen shot.

http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/14/87/52/09/bp_pre10.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated :unsure:

Was the copy sealed and brought from a reputable store?

Having taken a look at the guid, it was first used (on a streaming server) in Poland back in Jan 2010. You first used it with nickname precautions in June 11. Personally I would say where you got your key from was selling keys that it had sold to numerous other users, hence why you have a shared GUID with so many people from so many countries.

If I were you I'd pick up a brand new copy from a store.

I got it from EB games so yeah, the game was out of the box and they key had to be entered into the EA site so set up the user and password. The thing that gets me is the PB GUID hits are from other games? how does that work?

Can you do a search on my GUID based on the image since it shows what mine is and see if you get the same results? Im just making sure they didn't search some thing wrong cause it just doesn't add up.

They have also said I've been pinged for Hack, Aimbots ect if you can could you confirm no aim bots on my account to if it comes back clean it seems to be my only shot at getting unbanned, since its an admin ban and not PB/GGC.

*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE IMAGE SHOW MULTIPLE GAMES, I ONLY PLAY BF 2142 AND DO NOT OWN ANY OTHER FPS GAMES*

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Precautions

So many different players around the world have used this GUID.

It's very common that it shows GUID's from other games as well, they have been linked by IP.

None of these (busted) linked GUID's are yours.

Are you able to remove the GUID's that aren't mine since they aren't even from BF 2142?

If so can you post a clean screen shot of JUST MY GUID with the fake ones removed?

Thanks heaps for the speedy respones

I've also got the CD key somewhere around here so let me know if i need to dig it out. I've been told the ban will stand till i can provide prof that the account I'm using isn't stolen and that I haven't been hacking/aimbotting so I'm half way there. :)

Thanks.

Nope we will not remove them from the database.

These other players are there because the GUID is from a leaked cd-key and they all used it, even a year before you.

The GUID is still clean, same is your alias or IP's.

If that clan is streaming tell them to come in here and see our comments about it.

So your saying there's nothing wrong with my account and any ban I've been given is not warrented and is unfair?

My account is clean despite those hits?

None of the IP's you have used on that GUID are linked to bans.

However I would still strongly advise you to get a new copy of the game as for example since june the 20th the GUID has been used in 5 different countries. Chances are one of those players will end up triggering a ban at some point rendering the GUID useless.

Even if those GUID's aren't BF2142? Why should i be forced to buy a new copy of a game i already brought from an EB games store because someone is playing a different game with the same GUID?

I didnt buy a CD key from anywhere nor did i buy a pre created account I entered a CD key into the EA games site to create an account, how can i be expected to front the cost for that?

Also if i get another account wouldn't my IP link me to that GUID as well? I ask because I'm not sure how this all works and its become very frustrating.

How is it being used the point's arnt going up my KD doesn't change since i monitor it and the servers that i go into also remain the same I've been watching it very closely since this started to make sure no one was using my account. So unless you can get more than one BF2142 account from the same GUID i really don't know how that can be.

Also there's only 1 solider on my account making it very easy to watch

The other question is if i get another account will my IP address link me to this same GUID?

Oh crap could this be it i lost my cd key when i reformatted my computer about 6 mnths ago but i still remembered my account details so i used a key off youtube to install the game then used my account to log in? Could that be whats linked me to that GUID?

Your account isn't being used by other people, your GUID is, the two aren't the same.

A GUID is a 32 character hexidecimal code which is usually tied to one owner. What has happened in your case is that GUID has been derived from a leaked key, meaning many are using the same. If someone was using your soldier name the information would show the name being used by different IP's from different countries which it isn't. Or the name would appear on more then one GUID, which it also doesn't.

Essentially it means, if someone using that GUID raises a violation which earns them an entry on the master ban index, you will find you cannot connect to pbbans streaming servers. Your soldier would not be banned and can be (as far as I remember for 2142) retrieved and used on new copies of the game.

EDIT, Never use a publicly available key, thats where the issue is. Buy a new copy of the game, uninstall your current copy and start from scratch.

Yeah i thought so dammit lol so thats what linked me so if uninstall and reinstall with my key it would prob be fine... but i have no idea where my key is and its prob to late now that its linked even if i entered my key... that's a drag.

Looks like the easy option is to buy a new account uninstall and start again.

Your sure that will wipe my GUID clean?

Yeah I got it from a reputable store but my problem was when i reformatted my computer id lost my key but still had my legit account that had already been activated and still had the cd but when i went to reinstall the game i needed to enter a cd key to install.... so i just looked up a key to get past the install but its bound me to that GUID.... well that's my take on the whole thing.

Going to buy a new game delete my current one run a reg cleaner and try again. Thanks heaps for all your help bud I'm such an idiot lol :eek:

Oh so you mean if i get a new CD key for my game i can use my old account and it should come up clean again? The only reason it gets pinged at the moment its the key i used off youtube?