Hack demo for your opinion

Cappy

Hello!

New to this, so if this isn't a good spot to post a demo link please redirect me, but the other night I demoed a guy that had a high ping, 292-300 that wasn't missing much. During the demo it just appears that he aims in the general direction of the enemy and hits no matter what. Can you all take a look and see if this is some sort of bot he's using to make up for his very high ping? Taken off Newbies Welcome:

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~lindg020/wtfhow.dm_60

• Upvote 1

Copied directly from the PBBans TOS.

4.2 Submissions of screenshots and demo catches by participating SGA will not be accepted unless your server is currently streaming to PBBans. This is a mandatory and necessary precaution to ensure that the screenshots and demos being submitted have not been altered in any way.

There is no way to verify any demo or pbss without streamed information to back it up ... this means that the demo your asking us to take a look at could be a blatant cheat but without streamed info for verification purposes its pointless even looking at it.

solution:

If this is your server get it streaming.

If its someone elses server, contact the server admin, pass him the demo (he may elect to apply a local ban), and point him in this direction.

Copied directly from the PBBans TOS.

There is no way to verify any demo or pbss without streamed information to back it up ... this means that the demo your asking us to take a look at could be a blatant cheat but without streamed info for verification purposes its pointless even looking at it.

solution:

If this is your server get it streaming.

If its someone elses server, contact the server admin, pass him the demo (he may elect to apply a local ban), and point him in this direction.

Thanks! I did send it to him, but he hasn't picked it up yet. When he does and hopefully gets back to me I'll direct him here. AFAIK they do stream to both PsB and PBBans.

Edited by Cappy

NOT AN AIMBOT.

Experienced Australian player who knows how to headshot. 300 ping? server has anti lag therefore a higher ping means nothing.

Don't waste sir Gawains time honestly....

• 2 weeks later...

NOT AN AIMBOT.

Experienced Australian player who knows how to headshot. 300 ping? server has anti lag therefore a higher ping means nothing.

Don't waste sir Gawains time honestly....

Thanks for the backup jinx,i was playing crap anyway <_< seems he's never heard of antilag etc.

Edited by AuSviRus

Sorry cappy seems you were right to suspect something,

I still maintain that the demo is hackfree if he was using that multihack he would have been shooting a hell of a lot better.

Thats the last time i back up one of the 1.33 lot thats 3 caught in the last couple of days.

Edited by jinx

Anti-lag only means so much, with ET and RTCW. It's a decent setting to have, for any game, but it will never make so much of a difference that a player won't lag if over a 150 ping. 150 is generally the limit, give or take a bit, for players to still be able to be accurate and not warp to much.

If you see someone with a 300 ping getting high-accuracy, it's always worthy of a demo, especially if they can't be hit with the same accuracy.

Thanks for the backup jinx,i was playing crap anyway <_< seems he's never heard of antilag etc.

Well yes I've heard of antilag but it appears to not have been enough for you to use! ;)

• Upvote 1

Well yes I've heard of antilag but it appears to not have been enough for you to use! ;)

Good bust m8 .. and very satisfying for us too when a PBBans provided check makes a difference :)

Well I'm glad Benway had already made this connection because I just saw the new MBI entry and I was coming to verify and you guys already had him hooked. Beware great shooting Australian's.

• Upvote 1

Well I'm glad Benway had already made this connection because I just saw the new MBI entry and I was coming to verify and you guys already had him hooked. Beware great shooting Australian's.

And big thanks to Dyno for the pro-active input from one of our senior streaming game admins :)

And big thanks to Dyno for the pro-active input from one of our senior streaming game admins :)

The pleasure was all mine. I only regret that we haven't caught even more so far from that last input. It's guys like you and Benway who do something with the info so promptly that is making PBBans the premiere anti-cheat site.

• Upvote 1

Old schoolers ftw Posted Image

The pleasure was all mine. I only regret that we haven't caught even more so far from that last input.

Now they are stumped we catch their "undetectable" cheat, only one out of 19 bans was appealed in the "wtf is this?" style.