GUIDTracker for Punkbuster Games

PartyPooper

Version 3 is out if anyone is interested. It's a single program now with downloadable databases for each supported game (no longer individual programs for each game). it's got a new, resizable interface that allows you to change font size as well. Moved most of the functions/options from the tray icon up to a menu bar.

In any case, visit GUIDTracker website for more info.

P.S. I'm hoping to include COD4 in the supported games soon.

• Upvote 2

And what would a site like this prove? Just curious, as we also have an alias tracker option in our MPi. And where are they getting their info from? Would be interesting to know that, as well. Looks like they're starting to share streamed data-bases and form a site of their own, based on what streamed db's allow them too, if you ask me.

RW

And what would a site like this prove? Just curious, as we also have an alias tracker option in our MPi. And where are they getting their info from? Would be interesting to know that, as well. Looks like they're starting to share streamed data-bases and form a site of their own, based on what streamed db's allow them too, if you ask me.

RW

To answer your question in simple terms, it's a tool for players, not admins. It's used while playing a game online so the user can instantly see who's aliasing. Unlike the alias tracker option in your MPi, it doesn't require any input from the user for this to happen. It doesn't share streamed db's, it has it's own database which is created by the people who use the program. However, it does incorporate some info from the PBBans and PsB public ban lists. This is used to give players a heads-up (audible and visual indication) when a cheater has joined the server.

Hope that answers your questions.

This can be a very useful tool for Admins as well. It will make it easier for Admins to identify previous troublemakers (not banned players) quickly. Rather than wait until they start trouble and use foul, abusive language, then going and checking the MPi to identify them, I'd be able to identify previous offenders instantly! ;)

Good work! Please let us know when you have a Call of Duty version. I'm hoping it will work with Cod2, as well.

• 2 months later...

Just an update. I've been busy developing GUIDTrackerV4 over the last few weeks. I've rewritten the code from the ground up so that it's faster and will hopefully work with all flavours of Windows. It's also going to support a few more games.

I was hoping to support all games currently in the PBSetup V3.4 utility but there are a couple that I know don't have access to the game console so I've marked them as Not Supported. If anyone knows of any other games in the list below that don't have console access, please let me know so I don't waste time trying to support them.

"America's Army"

"America's Army Version 3"

"Battlefield 1942"

"Battlefield 2"

"Battlefield 2142"

"Battlefield Heroes" (Not Supported)

"Battlefield Vietnam"

"Call of Duty"

"Call of Duty 2"

"Call of Duty 4"

"Call of Duty: World at War"

"Crysis"

"Crysis Wars"

"DOOM3"

"Enemy Territory"

"Enemy Territory: Quake Wars"

"Far Cry 2"

"F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate" (Not Supported)

"Frontlines: Fuel of War"

"Need for Speed: ProStreet" #

"Need for Speed: Undercover"

"PREY"

"Quake 3 Arena"

"Quake 4"

"Rainbow Six 5: Vegas"

"Rainbow Six 6: Vegas 2"

"Wolfenstein"

"Return to Castle Wolfenstein"

"Soldier of Fortune II"

Since I don't own all the above games myself, I need help with getting them working correctly in GUIDTrackerV4. What I need to know for each game is....

- what key do you press to activate the console (eg. Tilde (~) / CTRL+ALT+Tilde) ?

- do you have to prefix console commands with a backslash (eg. \pb_plist) to get them to work ?

- what is the game's executable (eg. Battlefield 2 = BF2.exe) ?

The Battlefield series, ET and Doom3 I have covered so I'd appreciate anyone helping with what's left.

TIA

Just an update. I've been busy developing GUIDTrackerV4 over the last few weeks. I've rewritten the code from the ground up so that it's faster and will hopefully work with all flavours of Windows. It's also going to support a few more games.

Since I don't own all the above games myself, I need help with getting them working correctly in GUIDTrackerV4. What I need to know for each game is....

- what key do you press to activate the console (eg. Tilde (~) / CTRL+ALT+Tilde) ?

- do you have to prefix console commands with a backslash (eg. \pb_plist) to get them to work ?

Excellent, PartyPooper! :)

I'm very happy to see all the games which you have included!!! :D

For the Call of Duty Series:

- what key do you press to activate the console:

Console command line = Grave Accent `

Full console = Tilde ~

Console commands must be prefaced by a "Forward slash" eg. /pb_plist

CoD = codmp.exe

CoD:UO = coduomp.exe

CoD2 = cod2mp_s.exe

CoD4 = iw3mp.exe

CoD:WaW = CoDWaW.exe

CoD:MW2 = xbox360.exe +IW.net<----------- Just kidding, lol! :P

I'll do some testing of GUIDTracker with Call of Duty games and give you some feedback.

For the Call of Duty Series:

- what key do you press to activate the console:

Console command line = Grave Accent `

Full console = Tilde ~

Yeah, got COD4 working this afternoon. Took me ages to work out why I could open the console automatically but not close it. Wasn't until I realised COD had full and mini consoles :rolleyes:

Thanks for the other info. Will add them today.

Great! I just tried CoD2 and CoD:WaW.

Neither worked - "waiting for supported game to start" message. So, I figured that you hadn't added them yet.......

Yeah, got COD4 working this afternoon. Took me ages to work out why I could open the console automatically but not close it. Wasn't until I realised COD had full and mini consoles :rolleyes:

Thanks for the other info. Will add them today.

lol - ya. ` opens the console command line, and ~ (shift + `) opens full console. :blink:

edit: oops! Just noticed I left out the "mp" on this one:

CoD:WaW = codwawmp.exe

* Note: In the CoD Series, you need to "Enable" the console first in the Main Menu, under "Game Options". I don't know if that will affect what you're doing, but thought I'd mention it, just in case.....

Thanks,

CB

Edited by CosmicBlue

Yeah, they don't work in V3 (the version you've got) - they only work for the version (V4) I'm working on at the moment. Got FarCry2 working tonight as well.

Found out ETQW doesn't store the PB log in the normal place so I'll drop that off the list for the time being. FFOW has me stumped - I can't find which key accesses the console.

FFOW has me stumped - I can't find which key accesses the console.

If I remember it's disabled by default. Requires a config edit to enable. Not sure if it works with later patches.

Yeah, they don't work in V3 (the version you've got) - they only work for the version (V4) I'm working on at the moment.

Ah, okay! Just let me know if you want me to do any testing of the Call of Duty series for you - be happy to do it.

No probs, will do, thanks for the offer. At the moment V4 is still in early alpha stage and not ready to be offsite tested yet. When I get it to the beta stage, I'll give you a yell.

Here's a sneek peek at V4:

v4sneekpeek.png

All windows are optional to display (except the main GUIDTrackerV4 one of course) and the Online Players window is resizeable. You can also adjust the font size of all windows. I've given users the ability to copy the Server IP & Port, their Assigned GUID, their IP etc., to the clipboard so they can cut and paste them into other applications.

Clicking on the banners in the main window will take a user to the appropriate site (PsB, PBB or GV).

I'm currently working on the ban/wl section and I'm hoping to get it so that clicking on a player with a ban will take you to the parent site where the ban was issued rather than opening up another GUIDTracker window to display the info (as it does now in version 3). The reason is because the parent site contains a lot more information than what available in GUIDTracker and it should make cross-checking simpler.

I should point out that V4 is SO MUCH QUICKER to display online users than V3.

I'm still having a problem with the "streaming to GV" - they don't supply downloadable pics in the same format like PsB and PBB. They use something like:

So if anyone is able to translate that for me, I'd be grateful :D

P.S. After much fiddling about, I have GUIDTrackerV4 working for the following games:

America's Army

Battlefield 1942 (assumed working)

Battlefield 2

Battlefield 2142

Battlefield Vietnam

Call of Duty (assumed working)

Call of Duty 2 (assumed working)

Call of Duty 4

Crysis (assumed working)

Crysis Wars

Doom3 (assumed working - couldn't find a PB server)

Enemy Territory (assumed working)

Far Cry 2

Quake 4 (assumed working - couldn't find a PB server)

Rainbox 6 Vegas

I'm still to test:

America's Army V3

Call of Duty: World at War

Confirmed not working:

Battlefield Heroes (no console access)

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (what a shit fight - has multiple PB directories)

F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate (no console access)

Frontlines: Fuel of War (has console problems)

Can't test because I don't own (or haven't been able to borrow):

Need for Speed: ProStreet

Need for Speed: Undercover

PREY

Quake 3 Arena

Rainbow Six 6: Vegas 2

Wolfenstein

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Soldier of Fortune II

• Upvote 2

So if i understand post #13 correctly they use info from the pbbans mpi?

Is that allowed?

GUIDTRACKER.ORG

IP Location: Dallas, United States

No, they use information from the MBi ;)

The MBi is public, so there is nothing wrong with this. ^^

~

/*Pisi*/

• 3 weeks later...

don't download it i started to download it and anti-virus pick up virus's in it

I hate to accuse, so I won't... but I also have a CONFIRMED (not suspect) case of "HACKTOOL.WIN32.KISER.FB" according to Kaspersky AV. This is occurs when the program downloads and then attempts to "Load Database". It is also consistent. My question to PartyPooper is what might you have changed serverside for version 4 that causes this, if a false positive? See attached pic below.

post-144011-12624153220423_thumb.png

I hate to accuse, so I won't... but I also have a CONFIRMED (not suspect) case of "HACKTOOL.WIN32.KISER.FB" according to Kaspersky AV. This is occurs when the program downloads and then attempts to "Load Database". It is also consistent. My question to PartyPooper is what might you have changed serverside for version 4 that causes this, if a false positive? See attached pic below.

post-144011-12624153220423_thumb.png

It's a false positive. Since version 4 hasn't been released to the public as yet (and won't be until my external hard drive power supply is replaced), you are still using Version 3 and the Version 3 databases. It's obvious Kaspersky have changed their detection routine since on 2009-12-16 they found nothing. I'm happy for you to submit a false detection report and send them the file (or link them to www.guidtracker.org where they can find the file).

Unfortunately, because it's written in AutoIt, false positives will always happen thanks to the %$# script kiddies who like to write crap using AutoIt.

It's a false positive. Since version 4 hasn't been released to the public as yet (and won't be until my external hard drive power supply is replaced), you are still using Version 3 and the Version 3 databases. It's obvious Kaspersky have changed their detection routine since on 2009-12-16 they found nothing. I'm happy for you to submit a false detection report and send them the file (or link them to www.guidtracker.org where they can find the file).

Unfortunately, because it's written in AutoIt, false positives will always happen thanks to the %$# script kiddies who like to write crap using AutoIt.

For developers only: Here ya go! Kaspersky Whitelist

• 2 weeks later...

I need an update PartyPooper! I check this topic every day for v4.

tongue.gif

LOL. Got my replacement power supply for my external hard drive so I'm back working on V4. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of January.