GUID Banned Wrongfully

EvanJO

Hello!

After my CoD 4 GUID was banned and my appeal rejected, it seems as if I have no where else to go but the forums.

My GUID, a7a44334, was banned for an aimbot violation from an IP located in Montreal, Canada, under the alias of "Bourmik". First off, I've never used such an alias, second off I've never been to canada, much less gamed there.

Also, there appears to be a great deal of IP addresses and alias' that I never used while playing CoD4, which leads me to believe somehow my cd key came up in a key generator somewhere, somehow. Talk about unlucky, I know.

I've spoken to AC Admins in the league I play in, CAL, and they know that my CD key was somehow stolen, so I'm trying to see if theres a way that I can get my GUID/CD-Key ban erased so that I can go back to playing CoD 4.

Thanks in advance,

Evan.

there is nothing we can do about stolen keys, and we will not lift bans for stolen keys as to we would be giving hackers a way to still play in our servers.

Also just a little fyi there is not a key generator out there that uses keys that were not stolen by a second hand program (second hand programs meaning profile backups, game optimizers, basically a virus on your computer).

I would suggest you reinstall your whole operating system before you enter in any new keys.

~Dan~

Hello!

After my CoD 4 GUID was banned and my appeal rejected, it seems as if I have no where else to go but the forums.

My GUID, a7a44334, was banned for an aimbot violation from an IP located in Montreal, Canada, under the alias of "Bourmik". First off, I've never used such an alias, second off I've never been to canada, much less gamed there.

Also, there appears to be a great deal of IP addresses and alias' that I never used while playing CoD4, which leads me to believe somehow my cd key came up in a key generator somewhere, somehow. Talk about unlucky, I know.

I've spoken to AC Admins in the league I play in, CAL, and they know that my CD key was somehow stolen, so I'm trying to see if theres a way that I can get my GUID/CD-Key ban erased so that I can go back to playing CoD 4.

Thanks in advance,

Evan.

PBBans like every other anti cheat site bans by pbguid only, you have had an appeal denied, so I do not see the point of posting in a general discussion area but seeing as you have, I will post a reply here too.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-a7a44334-vb86315.html

Your pbguid has raised an aimbot violation.

Your pbguid is globally banned by EvenBalance themselves.

Your pbguid has been used in Canada and the U.S.A.

Your pbguid will remain on the MBI because its a valid violation, confirmed by EvenBalance.

Solution:

By a new game.

Advice:

Before you install your new game please be advised, there are a lot of little programmes out there that once installed will immediately install a back door trojan onto your system and transmit your cd key to another location.

We have come across them in - instant lvl 55 prog / fps tweakers / back up your cod4 prog etc etc.

So either format your pc or make entirely sure you have no malaware installed, otherwise you will end up with another banned cd key.

PBBans like every other anti cheat site bans by pbguid only, you have had an appeal denied, so I do not see the point of posting in a general discussion area but seeing as you have, I will post a reply here too.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-a7a44334-vb86315.html

Your pbguid has raised an aimbot violation.

Your pbguid is globally banned by EvenBalance themselves.

Your pbguid has been used in Canada and the U.S.A.

Your pbguid will remain on the MBI because its a valid violation, confirmed by EvenBalance.

Solution:

By a new game.

Advice:

Before you install your new game please be advised, there are a lot of little programmes out there that once installed will immediately install a back door trojan onto your system and transmit your cd key to another location.

We have come across them in - instant lvl 55 prog / fps tweakers / back up your cod4 prog etc etc.

So either format your pc or make entirely sure you have no malaware installed, otherwise you will end up with another banned cd key.

Well, thanks anyways. I'll probably end up buying a new game or using a friends key.

I do, however, know for a fact that my key wasn't "stolen" with a 3rd party program.

Although I do understand the fact that you can't delete the ban simply because whoever else has the key would be able to hack.

Well, thanks anyways. I'll probably end up buying a new game or using a friends key.

I do, however, know for a fact that my key wasn't "stolen" with a 3rd party program.

Although I do understand the fact that you can't delete the ban simply because whoever else has the key would be able to hack.

I dont like stepping in to a topic like this but as you ban is also showing up on PsB i think the staff at pbbans will under stand

There are two players showing up using your CD Key code. One is in the USA and the other player is in Canada.

The player in Canada got the 1st Aimbot #50104 violations and the other two violations are showing up on the player in the USA.

All 50104 violations get a Global ban. I am not saying that you have been using a cheat but one of the two players using this CD Key has been using a cheat to get this violation.

You could log a support ticket with Even Balance and if EB does remove this Global ban from your PB guid then you will find that the sites you are ban on would remove your ban.

This is the link to EB to log a support ticket

http://evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_t...t.php?game=cod4

I hope this helps to clear some of this up for you.

Be careful WHERE you get your Key from... The only safe way is a retail boxed game, at least if you plan on playing in leagues.

Back when the Nvidia 4800Ti came out Newegg offered a "free" Cod2 game with it, It came in a paper sleeve with the Key on the outside of it... I didnt install it right away, but I did a year or so later and after I became a League Admin I searched on my own GUID's I found that the COD2 CDKey was used by someone else prior to me using it, it was used only twice on streaming servers and not used to cheat. But now at least on PsB that player is forever linked to me.

I dont like stepping in to a topic like this but as you ban is also showing up on PsB i think the staff at pbbans will under stand

There are two players showing up using your CD Key code. One is in the USA and the other player is in Canada.

The player in Canada got the 1st Aimbot #50104 violations and the other two violations are showing up on the player in the USA.

All 50104 violations get a Global ban. I am not saying that you have been using a cheat but one of the two players using this CD Key has been using a cheat to get this violation.

You could log a support ticket with Even Balance and if EB does remove this Global ban from your PB guid then you will find that the sites you are ban on would remove your ban.

This is the link to EB to log a support ticket

http://evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_t...t.php?game=cod4

I hope this helps to clear some of this up for you.

No problem Bulgy :) and thanks for your input.

Just for info;

I have never seen a #50104 violation declared anything else other than valid.

A troubleticket was opened by the player and the response was the standard one we see in cases like this;

Note #3: We do not find this violation to be triggered in error, and it will not be removed. It is at the discretion of the third-party ban list administrator to remove any ban given as a result of this violation.

That means that EvenBalance have checked this out and the violation raised is valid.

The only thing that concerns us is the pbguid that raised a bannable violation, and as it has been declared a valid violation by EB then I'm afraid it will remain on the MBI.

That would give me cause for concern Bro.

Your cd key has undoubtedly been used by someone other than yourself.

If your so sure that a 3rd party programme did not steal your cd key did you voluntarily pass it to a "friend".

If you intend using a "friends" key that could end up "out in the wild" as well.

No problem Bulgy :) and thanks for your input.

Just for info;

I have never seen a #50104 violation declared anything else other than valid.

A troubleticket was opened by the player and the response was the standard one we see in cases like this;

That means that EvenBalance have checked this out and the violation raised is valid.

The only thing that concerns us is the pbguid that raised a bannable violation, and as it has been declared a valid violation by EB then I'm afraid it will remain on the MBI.

That would give me cause for concern Bro.

Your cd key has undoubtedly been used by someone other than yourself.

If your so sure that a 3rd party programme did not steal your cd key did you voluntarily pass it to a "friend".

If you intend using a "friends" key that could end up "out in the wild" as well.

Im almost positive it was simply a stroke of very, very bad luck. I see too that it has the ban under me, but it would appear that after the "Master Ban" for aimbotting was administered without my knowledge, my attempts to connect to multiple servers that gave me the "Banned" error were coming up just because I was already banned.

I don't download much, I've got a legit copy of Kaspersky on my PC that would detect and foul-play, and I wrote my own config, so there is -zero- way I was key logged and my key stolen.

The odds of it happening are very slim, I know, but technically speaking it can happen. I'm not trying to lay blame on anyone, as I see very well why the ban needs to stick.

Speaking of this, I probably should have done something earlier, as back in season 1 a CAL anti-cheat admin sent me a message saying that my GUID had appeared somewhere else, which confused me. Turns out whoever had it, caused the problem.

This is actually the first game I've ever been "banned" from. Quite a dissappointment.

• 4 weeks later...
Im almost positive it was simply a stroke of very, very bad luck. I see too that it has the ban under me, but it would appear that after the "Master Ban" for aimbotting was administered without my knowledge, my attempts to connect to multiple servers that gave me the "Banned" error were coming up just because I was already banned.

I don't download much, I've got a legit copy of Kaspersky on my PC that would detect and foul-play, and I wrote my own config, so there is -zero- way I was key logged and my key stolen.

The odds of it happening are very slim, I know, but technically speaking it can happen. I'm not trying to lay blame on anyone, as I see very well why the ban needs to stick.

Speaking of this, I probably should have done something earlier, as back in season 1 a CAL anti-cheat admin sent me a message saying that my GUID had appeared somewhere else, which confused me. Turns out whoever had it, caused the problem.

This is actually the first game I've ever been "banned" from. Quite a dissappointment.

I joined this forum also because I just learned I have a global ban against my GUID# I am fustrated and disappointed that one, you cant get to a human to plead your case and two, activision says they can't do anything either because punkbuster put the ban on my GUID#. Punkbuster (Even Balance) is a contractor of Activision.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-813a71f7-vb88608.html

It was clear in my ban data the the person that did this in my case was in the Netherlands. I too have several virus apps and spyware apps running on my system and find no back door programs that are stealing anything from my pc. What fustrates me is that they say they cannot tell if it came from my pc or not yet it is evident in the ban data that it came from an IP in a different country.

While I understand not wanting to lift the ban on the original cd key or GUID# and I plead my case properly why wouldn't activison just give me a new key. I own 3 legal copies of COD4 for each player in my household and I am really disapppointed that they are telling me I have to buy another copy of the game.

I know someone earlier asked why we are posting here if we already followed the Even Balance support process, well the answer is simple, we were wronged and we have no means of speaking with someone to voice our concern. I need to vent... Another $39 is not going to kill me but that is not the point. Why should I have to buy another game if I didn't do anything wrong. I support Punkbuster in that I do not want to play in servers full of cheaters but at the same time they need to understand that any of us that have had our keys stolen are victums also and the last time I looked victums had rights too.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent!!!!! I am still not satisfied with their response and will continue my efforts to get this corrected without having to buy another copy of the game. As the previous poster mentioned, he will get a friends key to use. Isn't that forcing non-cheaters to be cheaters by having to use other keys to play the game? What's the benefit of that. I really think Activison and Punkbuster are looking at this the wrong way. Globally banning someone is not the answer. If their software works as designed, it will kick the person using the cheat and let the good people play. Banning the GUID# is not the answer in my opinion.

Geo

Edited by capthlp

It may have been the guy from Canada that was busted first on the key, But there is another person busted from the U.S.

Violation Aug 17, 2008 - 18:48:19 66.225.198.228:28960 Bourmik 70.80.243.162 #50104: Violation (AIMBOT) #50104

Violation Aug 29, 2008 - 02:10:17 64.94.238.223:28960 nhb|deathbed 24.94.119.158 #50104: Violation (AIMBOT) #50104

Violation Aug 29, 2008 - 02:12:22 64.94.238.223:28960 nhb|deathbed 24.94.119.158 #50104: Violation (AIMBOT) #50104

What state you from again? IP looks like from Florida