Got thrown in a wall.

CurtisO

A few days ago, I was playing BF2142 on Camp Gibralter map, and I was killed.

Someone revived me and I couldn't move forward or backward. The only thing that I could do is spin in circles.

I then realized that I was probably stuck in a wall of some kind. I sort of panicked, hit ENTER > SUICIDE > DONE.

I didn't get any Kills or points while I was stuck.

Does Punk Buster / PBBans detect things like that?

I was playing on a Titan server and one of the enemy got into the Titan's Hangar/AA,AS Gun Room a.k.a. Bridge. He was sitting in one of our Air Transport Ships Killing us as we were spawning.

Haven't seen his name or the server listed on this site for that particular incident.

Well. They should ban people for wall glitches. I think that it's cheating, and don't understand why it wouldn't be seen as something that PBBans would consider Ban-worthy.

Because it can happen to anyone. Just some people know how and do it at will but what about the player that gets in a wall by accident caused by lag or who knows what.

EA needs to fix it, not us.

Well. They should ban people for wall glitches. I think that it's cheating, and don't understand why it wouldn't be seen as something that PBBans would consider Ban-worthy.

What if an admin on the server spotted you just after you were thrown into the wall.

Are you saying you should be banned ?

I don't think someone should be banned for getting into a wall. I just assumed that using it to their advantage would get them in trouble.

I assumed that the PB software also monitored for soldier presence in forbidden space (like in a wall), and that killing 5 or more from within would result in a ban.

So if I tried it, I wouldn't have to worry about being banned from PB and having my Soldier Deleted?

But I would have to worry about EA taking possible action right?

Edited by CurtisO

I don't think someone should be banned for getting into a wall. I just assumed that using it to their advantage would get them in trouble.

I assumed that the PB software also monitored for soldier presence in forbidden space (like in a wall), and that killing 5 or more from within would result in a ban.

So if I tried it, I wouldn't have to worry about being banned from PB and having my Soldier Deleted?

PB is not that sophisticated and no EA will not take action...

• 4 weeks later...
Technically yes.

However, I and one other player I know used to report glitchers to EA quite often. We got the impression that customers services were rather too busy constructing skating rinks in hell to actually investigate or take any action, so you're probably not in a whole pile of trouble there.

:rolleyes:

Still, that was a while back. Perhaps they're more attentive now.

Actually, I've had some good responses from DICE lately in regard to different kinds of 4rsehats that I reported, and so my faith in "the system" is slowly creeping up I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...