I also wanted to post some details on what is in current development and testing for the next PC 1.0.3 patch. Our objective is to have these fixes and features sent over to THQ QA’s internal test team in the last week of April and then released soon thereafter.
Please note that items in the list are contingent on the development and testing schedules so some things may be pushed out as we get closer to release. But there is also the possibility of fixes and features getting added which is always a good thing.
Thanks for your continued patience and support!
- PunkBuster anti-cheat is being added
- <LI id=mb2.>Phase 1 of the NEW Server Browser
- Added text clan/server company banner support
- Added ability to Cancel Server Search and will continue to display already pulled servers
- <LI id=n9wk>New streamlined design w/easy to use layout
<LI id=bbnz>Added text filters for the following categories: Server Name, Player Count, Ping, Map Name & Version Number
<LI id=guab>Added server IP display field
- <LI id=joaw>Players can no longer stick Landmines onto their legs
- Character ground speed has been slightly increased, this includes strafe speed
- Free fall speed has increased for a more realistic feeling
<LI id=eyu.>Invert controls for land vehicles has been fixed
<LI id=p1hi>Players can no longer “fly” or “jump” around levels
<LI id=i4jt>Turrets will no longer continue firing when squad menu is raised
<LI id=ntfr>All positions in vehicles now iterates when the vehicle is hit
<LI id=co:l>Sentry guns take less damage to destroy.
<LI id=i_od>Sentry guns will cause slightly less damage.
<LI id=i:44>Grenade launcher damage vs infantry has been reduced.
<LI id=we0w>Character Movement Changes
- <LI id=zc00>Forced pause which prevented the player from moving when recovering from a jump has been removed
<LI id=am14>Player will be prevented from jumping immediately after landing for 0.5 seconds (stops the bouncing bunny syndrome)
<LI id=o3qm>Multiple fixes should result is much less visible “sliding”, “worming” and “Dolphin” effects from transitioning between crouch to standing, crouch to prone and prone to standing.
<LI id=e4gh>Sprinting while crouched or prone has been removed
<LI id=rfvu>Jumping from and to prone should now be impossible
<LI id=wmz8>A minimum timer has been set in between changing positions. (This will prevent crouch/prone spamming)
- Key for Exit Vehicle (E) is no longer missing from the control menu
- Scoreboard no longer shows double entries
- Scoreboard no longer shows all entries/columns with Zero points
- Player can now paste text longer then the max characters set for a text box.
- Fix for reported ATI X800/X850 user crashes on start up
- Vsync default setting is now turned to off, solving some crashes for lower end cards. (This is the Maximize Framerate option, in the Video- Advanced tab)
- Added NULL check to stop players from inputting illegal characters and crashing the game
- Additional server browser enhancements
- Leaderboards (ranked/unranked)
- Additional items we will soon provide more information on.
THQ | Kaos Studios