FairFight Anti-Cheat

MaydaX

FairFight is a non-invasive, customizable, engine agnostic technology that operates in real time. It does not reside on the player`s computer or the game server, and does not examine the players' devices or perpetually look for the latest hacks. FairFight uses GameBlocks' proprietary GameChanger™ (Patent Pending) rule engine and database structures to evaluate players' gameplay actions and Make it a FairFight™ for everyone. Players' actions are tested against multiple statistical markers to identify cheating as it occurs. GameBlocks believes that "cheaters" are customers too, and that banning players is detrimental to your game. FairFight's graduated penalty system (warning/restriction/suspension) has been shown to effectively suppress and deter "cheaters" by imposing prompt and appropriate penalties automatically, while simultaneously notifying them that continued misbehavior will result in harsher penalties. Contact Us to play a game on an open FairFight server and see for yourself.

http://www.gameblocks.com/FairFight:

i3D.net invites all game server owners to join us in the beta test for what we believe to be a revolutionarily new approach to anti-cheat called FAIRFIGHT™. This new approach gives game developers and manages a completely new tool with the power to control player behavior. Spotting cheaters IN REAL TIME and applying an ESCALATING set of punishments on an individual player is now possible. A customizable RULE system is put into play and managed by your team to insure that game play is more ‘Fair’ for everyone by curtailing the activity of cheaters. We've been testing FAIRFIGHT at i3D for weeks and love it, so now we've arranged for you to test the beta version with us.

If you would like to join the FAIRFIGHT beta tell us and we'll bring you in to experience the fun of a fair fight!

http://www.i3d.net/news-article.php?news=673

Found a video on Youtube of a BF3 server using FairFight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESj-tTMDOeE&feature=youtu.be

The player is having a good run and suddenly gets killed a couple of times by FairFight @ 5:24

Looks like an annoying thing to me. ;)

We already can do the same with Procon and the InsaneLimits or ProconRulz plugin. Maybe even better because we also take the Battlelog stats in consideration.

FairFight just seem to nag good players using the RCON interface to look at score, kills & death ;)

Edited by EBassie

qNSyK.jpg

Yeah...no.

LOL, noticed that error too :D

But seriously, FairFight seems to suck at the moment. Maybe they straighten out the bugs, but still it's nothing more than a script looking at score, kills & deaths.

I can understand why they are testing it on Close Quarter maps, but still... I don't think this is a proper anti-cheat service.

Edited by EBassie

I saw this on a server I frequent for a time, very briefly, no wonder they stopped using it. From those videos this doesn't look like something positive at all.

That's not to say it won't ever be, but looking at those videos. It looks to be doing more harm than good.

Edited by Crotan

I think it would probably work fine, but I think they need to adjust their system for shotguns. I'm not sure how accuracy is calculated for shotguns, but I've always noticed it being pretty absurd. Kinda like the rockets in 2142, where >100% is possible :P something to do with the buckshot.

That's my guess, without knowing what was going on in those videos.

LOL, noticed that error too :D

But seriously, FairFight seems to suck at the moment. Maybe they straighten out the bugs, but still it's nothing more than a script looking at score, kills & deaths.

I can understand why they are testing it on Close Quarter maps, but still... I don't think this is a proper anti-cheat service.

Any service that bans/kicks/kills based on stats is not a proper anti cheat service ;)

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

To add on tot his, Was playing on a server today that uses FairFight. Went on a 22 kill streak on Death Valley, Bam started getting killed by admin.

Annoying shit, FairFight is a crutch, not an anti cheat system.

• Upvote 2

To add on tot his, Was playing on a server today that uses FairFight. Went on a 22 kill streak on Death Valley, Bam started getting killed by admin.

Annoying shit, FairFight is a crutch, not an anti cheat system.

More like a kick in the crutch if you get lucky with a killstreak :P

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The WarZ uses it....

not that i see many cheaters while i am playing, anyway.....

Yea, WarZ uses Fairfight and it has not helped much at all. If you are not seeing hackers, you must be playing in a private server. WarZ is supposed to have Punkbuster soon, we shall see.

Yea, WarZ uses Fairfight and it has not helped much at all. If you are not seeing hackers, you must be playing in a private server. WarZ is supposed to have Punkbuster soon, we shall see.

passworded private server ;) it is no longer though. let it expire as the whole purpose was to gear up to PvP and they mess with the drop tables all the freakin' time.....

i always find the term 'hacker' for someone who downloaded and installed a cheat way too much credit. Personally i wouldn't be flattering scumbag cheaters by naming them 'hackers'. Can you install a program and follow instructions? k, you are now officially a 'hacker' too.. xD

Idk, maybe i'm the only one having issues with it :loool:

Anyway for a sytem like this to work you'll have to have done a TON of tweaking before you can actually be somewhat effective in finding cheaters and not trample over legit players in the process. I certainly can see the advantages by looking at pure statistics but it's far from perfect. I think it's good for people who can't tolerate people on their servers that are better than them lol (edits script heuristics to kick for statistics better than own stats)

Sounds like a great anti cheat system for those paranoid players that always accuse people for cheating cause they are doing well and killing them lots. Maybe they will get their own servers so they can feel content now lol. Cheaters are being punished the right way and that's by having their accounts banned permanently, they should know not to cheat in the first place and deserve more than just a niggly punishment.

Edited by DHGreenday

• 3 months later...

Since this PBBANS post is the first result for Battlefield fairfight, here is the newest information from DICE:

At DICE, we are always striving to keep the Battlefield fair. We are happy to let you know that we have increased our protection against cheaters to not only use PunkBuster, but we will also work side by side with Gameblocks, who will provide us with their anti-cheat engine FairFight. We believe that the FairFight engine will be a great complement to the anti-cheat measures already in play. During the Beta we will try out both FairFight and PunkBuster to make the experience as good as possible for our players. You will notice information about the two anti-cheat measures on the server browser pages on Battlelog, and you will also potentially see messaging in the chat box in-game when a cheater is caught. We will get back to you later with more detail on how we are improving our anti-cheat measures in Battlefield 4.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/this-is-the-bf4-beta/

Since this PBBANS post is the first result for Battlefield fairfight, here is the newest information from DICE:

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/this-is-the-bf4-beta/

^^ Just wanted to post that :)

FairFight must have gotten a bit better over time, so I'm excited to see more from it.

Also wondering what happens with 'cheaters' caught by FairFight...

Edited by EBassie
  • Upvote 1

I beat the two fastest admin board-whores? My day is now complete.

Yes... it's just stat based so we'll see what happens. If it's configurable by map, weapon and then vehicle names are actually reported(!) it could work. Hoping the kicks for 'lucky kill streaks' will be minimal. =\ The plus side is that now we can blame it on FairFight instead of a KPM kicker. lol

• Upvote 1

I'm taking that as a compliment my friend, you can go to bed again :)

I don't think it's only based on statistics. I think It's based on what DICE wants it to be based on.

And I hope it's only configurable from DICE's side...

If BF4 would have the location info of players (like we had in previous BF games) and if FairFight can use this info to kick / ban the "impossible". Or how about detecting "damage mods" in real time. That would be great!

If that's possible, this could be a huge leap forward.

I don't believe GameBlocks offers a banlist like Even Balance, so that would be up to the DICE anti-cheat team.

And like we've seen with BF3, it takes DICE a lot of warnings before a player really gets banned.

But if they use the data (automated reports) from FairFight, we might see more and faster bans from the DICE anti-cheat team.

Edited by EBassie

Thanks for the compliment :D

Yes... it's just stat based so we'll see what happens. If it's configurable by map, weapon and then vehicle names are actually reported(!) it could work. Hoping the kicks for 'lucky kill streaks' will be minimal. =\ The plus side is that now we can blame it on FairFight instead of a KPM kicker. lol
I can't find much about how FairFight works at all. It looks like a plugin (i.e. Insane Limits). Funny thing is DICE could easily stomp down on cheaters (particularly damage mod cheats) with the amount of statistics they have available to them. If us admins can figure out damage mods from a few battle reports. Then DICE could do the same, only much quicker and a larger scale. Hire me and I'll do it for you DICE!

I'm really not liking FairFight from those videos as it seems punish good players. And good players != hackers. I hope they have finely tuned it.

I don't believe GameBlocks offers a banlist like Even Balance, so that would be up to the DICE anti-cheat team.
Yeah I'm wondering about this too. Is it a per-server basis? Is this a plugin? Can we enable/disable it (i.e. like PunkBuster)? I'm wearing my cynical hat today and I feel like this new AC could create more problems than it will solve.