Enhanced footsteps?

Notorious

We had a scrim today wich went bad... The server didnt ran PB and two players got very dodgy kills. They said they had this mod: http://soldieroffortune2.filefront.com/fil...Footsteps;22802

Even the developer says it might be considdered a hack... Why isn't it?

Well, if a hack is an enhacement which gives you an advantage over other players without it then this certainly qualifies IMHO

Alec

I know the dl, it's right up there w\ the other legal "mods" that give any advantage....personally speaking PB\PBBans can't do everything to stop things,,,it in my mind is up to the server owners to take action if they feal it should be banned for .... If your server doesnt allow it, ban for it ,,,just my 2 cents worth ;)

I know the dl, it's right up there w\ the other legal "mods" that give any advantage....personally speaking PB\PBBans can't do everything to stop things,,,it in my mind is up to the server owners to take action if they feal it should be banned for .... If your server doesnt allow it, ban for it ,,,just my 2 cents worth ;)

Here's how i see it: IF pure code is modified or extended to bring an advantage to one player over another this qualify's as a hack to me.

If anyone ever uses such mod's on any server i have control of they will get banned on detection permanently.

Edited by (TSS)Hidinfury

Here's how i see it: IF pure code is modified or extended to bring an advantage to one player over another this qualify's as a hack to me.

If anyone ever uses such mod's on any server i have control of they will get banned on detection permanently.

Hence : server side ban :D ,,,it's on the voting table as we speak about other "legal" dl's out there...some have many ways to give an advantage , but , it's legal...it's a server owners call for now....theres so many damn hacks out there we all gotta stay on our toes and just watch for them ;)

If the server dont run pb there isnt much you can do

and if it was there server then they can do what ever they want

thats why you shouldnt scrim on servers that dont run pb you have no clue what they can have used