EA's Battlefield 4 Issues

SuperTaz

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2013/12/12/did-ea-lie-about-battlefield-4-now-under-investigation/?partner=yahootix

Electronic Arts’ Battlefield 4 problems persist. After all sorts of server and connectivity issues crippled the game experience of one of the company’s biggest titles, EA put everything else on hold to try to fix the game. With no end in sight, the stock is falling and investigators are snooping around to see if EA lied to investors and gamers before Battlefield 4′s release.

Law firm Holzer, Holzer & Fistel announced that it’s investigating whether EA and its executives “complied with the federal securities  laws between July 24, 2013 and December 4, 2013.” More specifically, according to the press release, “The investigation focuses on statements issued during that time regarding the development and sales of the Company’s Battlefield 4 video game and the game’s impact on EA’s revenue and projects moving forward.”

Microsoft has started issuing refunds for the buggy Battlefield 4 Premium service.

Of further worry may be that EA has permanently damaged its reputation among gamers, which could affect its sales of other games in the future.

It is about time that software companies are held accountable for some of the crap they release. EA did not learn a thing from their BF3 release debacle. I think it would be great if they were forced to refund the purchase price of the game, including premium membership, no matter who the buyer bought the game from.

It is about time that software companies are held accountable for some of the crap they release. EA did not learn a thing from their BF3 release debacle. I think it would be great if they were forced to refund the purchase price of the game, including premium membership, no matter who the buyer bought the game from.

without forcing us to gert rid of the game.

im not seeing the problems others are and some of the issues have been resolved by drivers.

the server crashes or the random client side crash at the end or beginning of the round is annoying but i had that in bf3. also not to mention that EBassie just found out that the issue with the no guid hack is back in bf4 with a major upgrade

without forcing us to gert rid of the game.

im not seeing the problems others are and some of the issues have been resolved by drivers.

the server crashes or the random client side crash at the end or beginning of the round is annoying but i had that in bf3. also not to mention that EBassie just found out that the issue with the no guid hack is back in bf4 with a major upgrade

Disastrous.... This needs to be prioritized for future patch not the silly "tweaks" they keep rolling out every five minutes.

• Upvote 2

LoL I've known EA was a moneyhog since 2001..

I used to play this 2001 game Emperor: Battle for Dune, sequel to Dune2000 made by Westwood Studios who also started the Command&Conquer series, shortly after releasing E:BFD taken over by EA. Game got horrible support and got abandoned really fast due to Red Alert 2 being EA's cashcow at that moment and got promoted into oblivion while they did nothing for E:BFD, which was well ahead of it's time and 10x better than RA2 has ever been.

Don't know the whole drama anymore I'd have to crawl some old forums. The lesson that stuck with me was that EA just went for $$ instead of having heart and I haven't forgotten. Basically, the same as what they're doing up to this day

EA lies all the time and goes for $$ just as easy then as they are now. Just now the stakes are even bigger.. lol

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/shareholder-alert-levi-korsinsky-llp-211348228.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/shareholder-alert-brower-piven-encourages-220023013.html

Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation announces that a class action lawsuit has been commenced in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California on behalf of purchasers of Electronic Arts, Inc. ("EA" or the "Company") (EA) common stock during the period between July 24, 2013 and December 4, 2013, inclusive (the "Class Period").

The complaint accuses the defendants of violations of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 by virtue of the defendants' failure to disclose during the Class Period that Battlefield 4, one of the Company's signature video games, was riddled with bugs, connectivity issues, and several other problems that caused the EA unit publishing Battlefield 4 to put all other projects on hold to permit it to focus its efforts on fixing Battlefield 4. According to the complaint, following the November 15, 2013 disclosure that EA games experienced multiple glitches and significant crashes on the newly released Sony Play Station 4 console and the December 4, 2013 disclosure that bugs, connectivity issues, server limitations and other problems plaguing Battlefield 4 indefinitely halted the rollout of Battlefield 4 and delayed other EA projects, the value of EA shares declined significantly.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2013/12/20/ea-sued-over-battlefield-4-disaster-chinese-state-media-piles-on/?partner=yahootix

To add insult to injury, now China’s state media is piling on to the wounded EA, accusing the Battlefield 4 expansion pack China Rising of “demonizing the image of China in a new form of cultural aggression.” According to the South China Morning Post, an editorial published in a military newspaper criticized the game for “discrediting China’s image abroad and distorting the truth in an effort to mislead young people” as well as having a plot that “made no sense” and was filled with “profanity.”

• 2 weeks later...