Does PB Detecte the FXAA Injector for BF3 as a hack?

Fancydeath

Hello all!

I was wondering if the FXAA Injector might be detected as a hack by PB.

I just don't want to risk it. Being banned for increasing the looks of the game kind of sucks.

If anyone knows about the FXAA, you'll know that it's .. well... Awesome :D!

it's not 100% there yet but it does increase the beauty of the game and makes it a bit clearer.

(Used it on Skyrim)

Well thats about it for my question.

Thanks in advance,

Fancydeath.

And a happy new year to all!

It's possible that PB may add a detection for it in the future and kick the user with a restriction message. But there is also a risk that it may raise a bannable violation as well (It happened with wide screen fixer in the past). Even balance would be the best people to ask that question.

Best to be cautious with any unknown application that hooks into the memory of a game to display overlays or modify the game itself in anyway.

• Upvote 1

Pisi-Deff already opened a support ticket with EB some time ago, it was asked in the german forum before.

They don´t allow this software on PB enabled servers...I would not risk it.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/fxaa-injector-v11-beta-erlaubt-t153230.html/page__p__396197?do=findComment&comment=396197

(original answer is in english)

Edited by wraahhm
  • Upvote 2

Pisi-Deff already opened a support ticket with EB some time ago, it was asked in the german forum before.

They don´t allow this software on PB enabled servers...I would not risk it.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/fxaa-injector-v11-beta-erlaubt-t153230.html/page__p__396197?do=findComment&comment=396197

(original answer is in english)

+1

good memory

• 1 month later...

Nick, will PB disallow this injector from being used in the future?

Note #2: I'm sorry, but we cannot allow such software on PB enabled servers.

Some of my members use it and I told them not to because PB may block it in the future. If that happens, there may be a lot of people getting banned by PBBans.

Edited by Knives*

Nick, I think you guys over at EB need to all get on the same page. Here we have one PB Staff saying it is not allowed while another is saying he is currently using it. I really think it would piss a lot of players off to suddenly be banned for using something that an EB staff is using himself without warning.

Seems like Nick tested it now and it did not raise a violation.

They were not sure the last time, so they played it safe.

Maybe i´m going to test it,too. The colours really look nice on some screenshots.

Edited by wraahhm

I have tested this and still have it running in BF3 and have been for sometime now, it should not set of any PB violation

Can you specify a link or version # of what you're using?

I think it looks great too in the screenshots and videos. But dont want to try it unless I know I'm using the exact same file as you.

I just make a ticket to EB writing them :

I ask this so i could reassure my clan that this is not an HACK/CHEAT...I know this is a 3rd party software and it will never be approved by EB, but i don't want people see me like a cheater only for a better view of the game, i don't see the enemy through the wall or on the minimap or this isn't an aimbot..People say this is an injector; injector of what? the use of injector is to loading the cheat from what i read, cheat also is a memory writing/reading. It doesn't seem this tool can writing memory or let me cheat, but it is only to see in better detail and take the advantage of my 350Euro Video Card :)

I hope to receive an answer. I will copy/paste your answer to my clan whatever it is, and i will stop to use it if you will say "u could be banned". Thank you.

I sent in a ticket the other day, this is what I got back:

02/22/2012 12:39:27 - "Adam D"pblogo_small.gif Note #2: I'm sorry, but such tools cannot be allowed on PB enabled servers.