Disallowed Program/Driver:125141

ncarbon

I have been playing for weeks on a new PC reload. Tonight I started getting booted : Disallowed Program/Driver:125141

The only program I run is EVGA precision tool while I play. What does the ereor mean?

Ned

...EVGA precision tool ...

From what I remember, it has caused Disallowed Program/Driver kicks in the past as well. :/

You could try updating it to the latest version (if you haven't already). If that doesn't work, try turning it off for a while to see if you can play without (better hope the GPU doesn't overheat though xD).

If you're only using the tool to control the fans, you could try RivaTuner or Nvidia's System Tools (addon for their control panel) as alternatives. Personally, I use the 2nd one. ^^

~

/*Pisi*/

I have been using EVGA Precision Tool for the past year or so, with the Call of Duty series, and haven't encountered any problems. I don't use it to overclock though - just to monitor temps in-game and control fan speed.

Are you using steam? It has been known to cause "Disallowed Driver" issues.

If so, in "settings", turn off "Community Chat" or something to that effect.

The precision tool is known to cause the disallowed driver kick, actually. The one beauty of it, though, is if you change the fan-speed settings, or clock-speeds, for example, you can then turn the program off, and the settings will stick. You just have to re-open it to change things back after your gaming session. Give that a try.

RW

I just had the same thing happen to me tonight. tried turning off precision but that did zero to help things. I've been running precision since before WAW ever came out (and have been playing WAW since it was released) and never had this issue up until tonight.

I'm wondering if the 1.7 patch has something to do with it? if anyone has any other ideas, please post them up.

Besides Steam "Community Chat" - Fraps and TeamSpeak Overlay have also been known to cause "Disallowed Program Driver". Actually, there are many 3rd party programs that can cause it. Think of any new programs or utilities that you may have downloaded or installed recently.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Hey All,

I've also been getting kicked for disallowed program driver 125141. Appearantly PunkBuster does not play well with EVGA precision, riva tuner, or msi afterburner. I use EVGA precision, and have been kicked from COD WaW and COD Modern Warefare servers. I opened a ticket with PunkBuster, but solved it myself. What I've found is that if you set your gamer profile and minimize to the tool bar, you'll get kicked. EVGA's precision will hold your game profile even when you close its desktop window, so set your gaming profile, close it out, and go kick some butt.

Hope this helps,

Hey All,

I've also been getting kicked for disallowed program driver 125141. Appearantly PunkBuster does not play well with EVGA precision, riva tuner, or msi afterburner. I use EVGA precision, and have been kicked from COD WaW and COD Modern Warefare servers. I opened a ticket with PunkBuster, but solved it myself. What I've found is that if you set your gamer profile and minimize to the tool bar, you'll get kicked. EVGA's precision will hold your game profile even when you close its desktop window, so set your gaming profile, close it out, and go kick some butt.

Hope this helps,

lol

1+years later, really?

Edited by HSMagnet