Crysis 2 Maximum Edition

SuperTaz

List of recent games with no public server files now include: BF Heroes, Bad Company 2, Medal of Honor 2010, BF Play4Free, and now Crysis 2. Then add CoDBO to that list with the possibility of future CoD games doing the same.

Sadly the majority don't care about it so the small minority who don't buy them won't effect the profit margin by much.

Yup, I agree. But, it isn't so much about hurting EA, it's about spending my cash on something that will satisfy me. I think the indie companies will benefit from such a choice. The small PC devs are popping up all over the place these days. Granted, some of the indie games aren't that good, but, every once in awhile, you strike gold. It is the gold that I seek.

This ain't good

Almost 45 days before the scheduled release date, a complete build of Crysis 2 is freely available to people who frequent illegal download interwebsites.

According to a thread at Facepunch.com, the full code for Crytek's shooter sequel set in New York City, including multiplayer and the code key to deal with the online DRM, was posted today. No one is sure where the leak came from, but it's especially damaging because the game is near to being declared gold and shipping to retailers. If the code is recent, it's basically the game that everyone will be playing if they purchase the disc. Crysis 2 is set to come out for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 on March 22nd.

"So a late developement build of Crysis 2 has gone up on certain sites, it includes the full game, including multiplayer," said user Tom Costello from the Facepunch forums. "It also includes the DRM Solidshield master key files, which only fucking handles the online activation.

"Crytek are going to be so fucking mad," he concluded.

Damn straight, they are.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107720-Report-Crysis-2-Leaked

I would never buy a game that had anything to do with crytek.

This is the company that were promising a crysis 1.3 patch one day, then dropped all crysis support the next, less than a year after initial release :blink:

No explanation was initially given but the fact that the complete game was cracked and available via a torrent download before the game was released might have had something to do with it, or it could have been that they moved over to EA from Ubisoft and EA had "conditions".

Either way, a company that promised to listen to the community left them in the lurch and out of pocket without so much as a by your leave.

Couple to that, crytek have never been able to fully intergrate PB into their products despite repeated assurances that the issue would be fixed, streaming was only possible if players were on the server, if the server became empty, streaming stopped and had to be set up all over again when players re-appeared on it (thats if an admin was handy)

If their new rubbish goes VAC, so much the better imo :)

Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites. Crytek and EA are deeply disappointed by the news. We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and purchasing the final, polished game on March 22. Crysis 2 is still in development and promises to be the ultimate action blockbuster as the series

That piracy statement pissed me off actually.

Completely liking the fact that it's undermined by the post under it.

Well, don't blame the PC community. Console games get leaked way before release too. Just look at the last two Halo games. They were both leaked in the summer before their release. If you want to pin the blame on someone, pin it on the employee that leaked it. A developer beta build of a game is not something that just appears on torrent sites.

I love how everyone blames piracy, when this is an indev build. It's VERY obvious that a developer leaked it.

EggZachary

for whatever reason ( publicity, disgruntled employee.....) this is like charlie sheen's cars mysteriously rolling off the side of malibu

when you stay drunk and coked up for a week and yell at the hookers "hey watch this!"

your car ends up on the news

The time has come for PC gamers to take their best shot in Crysis 2 multiplayer. Available for download at http://crysis.ea.com and other partner sites on March 1, the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo includes two stunning maps, two adrenaline-filled modes, and hours of multiplayer action. In the demo, PC gamers will master the game

Why on earth would you pre-order a cod clone? Again, I have said it too much. More garbage.

I only paid $6 for it with my CoDBO credit. At the time there was nothing else I wanted.

I only paid $6 for it with my CoDBO credit. At the time there was nothing else I wanted.

Sounds like when I buy year old games off Steam for 20 percent of the original cost... <_>

Some aren't that great but for 5 to 10 bucks they can provide limited entertainment for awhile. Still hoping that Heroes of Stalingrad will be worth the money as this is a game I am actually looking forward to for a change. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Crysis 2 Demo was a waste of time. POS console port. Low FOV, no dev console, mouse lag, DX9 only, 12 players max. Maximum FAIL

Can't even tweak the setting using a autoexec.cfg file since the game doesn't even try to load it. Excessive motion blur and low FOV is giving me headaches. Can't adjust it at all.

Only video settings are Gamer, Advanced and Hardcore. That's it.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1861/crysis2demo201102282325.jpg

And you know it's a console port when you have an Aim Assist setting lol

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1097/crysis2demo201102282326.jpg

aim_assistMinTurnScale = 0.5 []

aim_assistMinTurnScale_IronSight = 0.4 []

aim_assistSlowStartFadeinDistance = 1 []

aim_assistSlowStopFadeinDistance = 3 []

aim_assistSlowFalloffStartDistance = 40 []

aim_assistMaxDistance = 75 []

aim_assistMaxDistance_IronSight = 100 []

aim_assistSlowThresholdOuter = 2.5 []

aim_assistStrength = 0.7 []

aim_assistStrength_IronSight = 0.75 []

aim_assistInputForFullFollow_Ironsight = 0.2 []

aim_assistFalloffDistance = 70 []

Anyone know where the "Start" button is on a PC keyboard?

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6691/crysis2demo201103010021.jpg

Ok game, but, the slot size is too small. Needs to be at least 32 slots to be a challenge for me.

Edit: After playing it again, the maps seem small in size compared to the last Crysis. It seems EA/Crytek is trying to go the cheap route. I will not be buying this game from the looks of it unless they change slot size to 32+ and add larger maps. I also see where MaydaX is coming from. It is a console port.

Note to EA/DICE/Crytek: DO NOT use console ported games for PC!

Anyone know where the "Start" button is on a PC keyboard?

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6691/crysis2demo201103010021.jpg

I think it's just above the aim assist button :P

I wasn't buying this anyway, after watching the videos of the game the weapons put me right off, they look weak and inaccurate, maybe aim assist was off? :lol:

So many things remind me of MW2 in the game. Right down to create a class that needs to be unlocked at level 5. It's a MW2 console port clone. God PC gaming stinks.

• Upvote 1

God PC gaming stinks.

I think it's been going downhill for a while, it's much easier (lazy) to release a console port and hope that we'll put up with it.

Configs locked down, lack of mod tools, lack of dedi servers, etc.

Microtransactions could be the next big thing in PC gaming too following the announcement from Valve today.

I think we've got more to come yet :(