Welcome to PBBans
|Welcome to PBBans, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of PBBans by signing in or creating an account.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Posted Mar 7, 2012 - 07:55 AM
Posted Mar 7, 2012 - 08:59 PM
Was the worst news I've ever read. Was really hoping for Valve to knock some sense into other developers and get an amazing cross platform game out the door.
Edited by Crotan, Mar 7, 2012 - 09:00 PM.
Posted Mar 7, 2012 - 09:47 PM
how would you work the aim assist for consoles + lag compensation?
Posted Mar 7, 2012 - 10:14 PM
By pressing the start button.
Oh wait, that's for consoles.
Posted Mar 8, 2012 - 08:15 PM
Posted May 4, 2012 - 07:51 PM
We are releasing the SDK so people can get a head start on their mapping. Later we will include Steam Workshop integration so creators can easily share their maps and players can view, rate, and download content.
This update also includes Nuke and Inferno SE maps. These are stripped down competitive maps designed for league play. SE maps are not available directly through match-making but are available for dedicated servers and peer-servers.
If you are looking for something a little more casual, we have also added the ability to search for casual/social games. The rules there are a bit more relaxed and the rounds are quicker. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Complete release notes are available here.
Posted May 4, 2012 - 08:21 PM
Posted May 5, 2012 - 12:50 AM
i had one extra, but gifted it to my community's pub account already
Posted May 11, 2012 - 05:55 PM
The Dedicated Servers are in their own beta. So there are still some missing features, one of the most obvious is no Message of The Day. That is coming but for now we are looking to test for setup, stability, and management issues.
If you plan on running a server, you should join the CS:GO server mailing list. There you will find helpful discussion, peer support, and news on CS:GO dedicated servers.
What does this mean for most players? While we are expanding our official servers, this should help players have a better experience and lower ping.
As the servers become active and we see the coverage grow, this will also allow us to expand the beta at a faster pace.
Posted May 11, 2012 - 09:25 PM
Me too. I like the CS series.
Posted May 12, 2012 - 05:36 AM
No idea why. I did the survey ages ago so maybe that's how I got in.
Posted May 22, 2012 - 04:35 PM
- Updated weapons based on performance metrics:
- Slightly increased the damage for the fiveseven to keep it on par with other pistols.
- Lowered the max width of the recoil patterns for the MG’s to make them better for their price point.
- Lowered the spread on the Negev to be more in line with the m249.
- Improvements have been made to burst fire and tapping.
- Added player spawns to all maps to support up to 30 players.
- Player spawns are now randomly selected from a prioritized list of spawn locations in order to better support more players per map.
- Adjusted bot behavior to fix the “antline” looking behavior.
- Added support for server operators to specify tick rate with the –tickrate parameter.
- Physics simulation tick rate now set to be the same as the game tick interval.
- Bullet tracers have had improvements made to speed, visual effect, and frequency.
- Chickens added to Inferno
- The Server Browser sorts Favorites and Lan tabs by ping rather than Tags.
- The radar will no longer display an ‘X’ for dying players when they are not within sight of the player or player’s teammate.
- Weapons with a burst mode will now show which state the gun is in on the ammo panel.
- Input device is now locked to whatever device launched the game session.
- Updated the Kevlar and Kevlar + Helmet buy menu images.
- Updated the Domination icons.
- Footsteps update position more often by shifting position determination to client side entity tracking.
- Tuned ambient sounds in most maps
- Fixed a bug with individual pistol round-based achievements. They can only be earned in Classic game mode now.
- Fix for changing video settings while in game sometimes causing a deadlock.
- Added a popup message triggered when a player attempts to initiate a vote on a server with voting disable.
- Fixed bug where player’s nav area would be reported as being on the floor below them causing the radar location to be displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed several UI related crash issues.
- Third party map and _SE map names no longer display in the scoreboard with the #SFUI_MAP_ localization token.
Posted Jun 4, 2012 - 01:10 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users