COD4 Punkbuster

speedy3872

Hey,

I am referring to this topic: http://www.pbbans.com/forums/cod4-cracked-servers-and-their-pb-issues-t179579.html

you want a topic about real issues of legit cod4 servers with pb and/or streaming, open a new one.

This issue hasn't to to anything about cracked or not. Evenbalance made the Cod4 Masterserver unusable, because Activision told them to do this. It seems they don't really want to admit this and are still writing that Cod4 is supportet in their tickets.

Hi,

Sorry about that. Activision asked us to shut down our COD4 back-end so that is why you are seeing that. There is no other information I can give about that, those decisions are made by Activision.

He's got some point though.

16th dec I made a ticket and they said they still supported cod4. 17th dec I asked why no security information received entries were showing up in the logs anymore, 21st dec he replied saying Activision asked them to shut down their cod4 back-end which is kind of the opposite of what he told me a few days earlier. Should I read that as Activision shut it down in those 4 days? Or perhaps things were supposed to kept quiet a little longer? Of course when people notice telltale signs in their logs it gets kind of hard to play nice weather

I also find it somewhat strange that the discussion in the WaW support being dropped topic was deleted,  which included a comment saying cod4 support had also been (unofficially) dropped 2 weeks ago, which my logs seemed to confirm as I did not receive security information anymore since dec 5th.

Looks to me like some people have been dropping the ball again

But who cares anyway, its only 9000 PB servers

I also find it somewhat strange that the discussion in the WaW support being dropped topic was deleted

You mean the discussion that was split into a separate thread, which the OP linked?

we haz genius in da house

I meant the discussion that got closed and for some reason had all posts in it deleted. When asked, even Taz didn't know why it got locked/deleted. Later he said there was another topic about it but that one was started on 22th and the comments in the other topic were atleast a week longer in progress

There was nothing split, someone opened a thread about cod4 on the 22th and the WaW thread was just stripped of all comments except the WaW announcement

The thread Benway links to doesnt have any of the replies that were in the WaW topic, its just some thread about cod4 alone

closing a WaW  thread that was evolving into something about cod4 is one thing,  there was some useful discussion since cod4 was also mentioned which happens to be the game I run servers on

I just like to know why it was necessary to delete all the comments, since they were indicating cod4 support was also unofficially dropped, which  then wasn't being confirmed by evenbalance

I guess I'll be copying certain pages in their entirety from now on, in case their contents go missing again

I guess I'll be copying certain pages in their entirety from now on, in case their contents go missing again

i would recommend that, although this will not help you to open your eyes, alternatively you could just ask before you start to spread lies,

There was nothing split

LoL2.gif

at this point i leave it to your Brilliance to find your missings.

All other questions are answered by Post Dates and Times, you will figure yourself.

• Upvote 1

Could you point me to the transferred contents from the WaW topic then, because I can't find them

And of course as I am merely a normal user i cannot look in your admin panel to see you performed a split topic action

By not being split I was actually referring to the contents that got deleted from the WaW topic, dunno how I have to call such an action, I guess i was thinking it meant the posts that didnt have to do with WaW were transferred to the topic split to cod4 forum

It's not my intention to spread 'lies', I just want to know what happened to the contents that got deleted from the WaW topic because I thought they weren't wasted post

So if you want to make me out for a dumb troll trying to spread lies when I just want something clarified, go ahead, +1 for pbbans then i guess

maybe you can post lol1.png as well

Could you point me to the transferred contents from the WaW topic then, because I can't find them

Gladly :)

OP:

It contains everything that was cod4-related in the cod5 thread. No posts whatsoever were deleted.

Thats quite remarkable because I have been over it a couple times as it was being referred to as the split topic but it didnt contain the messages off that other topic which i was trying to find then

So im glad it's back, thanks.