COD: Black Oops

AMER1CA

I hope this thread is in the right section. Read the entire post. It is 100% true in my opinion. I just thought I would share this with my fellow gamers.

Keep in mind I am posting this to point out how PC gamers are getting screwed. My intent is not to bash any one specific company, but to make a statement that PC gamers are sick and tired of getting the short end of the stick.

And the title of the tread is COD: Black Oops.....lmao. It is not a typo...:lol::lol::lol:

http://www.codblackoops.com/

Activision and Treyarch have SCREWED the PC community once again!

Activision - These blood suckers do not give a damn about the PC community. All they wish to do is crank out games that only half work at release, just to make a buck. Once the release is out, they move on. A great example of their complete lack of ethics, and the fact they do not care nor listen, would be the release of Wolfenstein 2009. This game took the Wolfenstein franchise to a new low. The game was released to support only 12 players in multiplayer. The game had so many bugs and flaws, it was simply unplayable. The subsequent patches fixed nothing. They promised to release the SDK for the game, and never did. Less than a year later, all support for this game has ceased. The multiplayer was dead 2 weeks after the games release. However, Activision still has our money, though the product they released was so faulty.

Treyarch - Seems they sold their souls to the devil. The release of World at War was phenomenal. A great gritty, in your face, made you feel like you were immersed in a war, game. Graphics and gameplay, the gore and dis-memberment, are all top notch. Then fast forward to their next release of Black Ops. A highly anticipated release by all CoD fans, the pressure was on. The MP teaser video revealed what a let down Black Ops would be. The video clearly shows that BO is nothing more then a clone of Modern Warfare 2. There have been a few extra silly things added, like a remote control car packed with a C-4 explosive, and even ballistic knives. Bottom line, Black Ops is nothing more then a console to PC port, blocky, cartoonish, dumbed down, kiddie campfest, with semi dedicated servers, and only 18 players on a ranked server.

GameServers.com - GameServers.com is a GSP known for shoddy support and game servers. Typically they overload their boxes with more then it can handle, resulting in a gaming experience that is less then ideal. There are many reports from customers, about the customer support from GameServers, being poor. The slow response times to support tickets, can be a burden to clans trying to run their gaming community. Despite their short comings, they are able to offer low pricing for what you get. Keep in mind, alot of this has to do with so many servers being hosted on the same machine. Activision has decided to have GameServers.com be the one and only GSP that can provide these semi dedicated servers, to the public. In my humble opinion, this is tantamount to engaging in a "coercive monopoly", which honestly, is simply wrong and unacceptable.

Conclusion - The game developers, and now even the GSP's are all heading in the wrong direction. The developers seem to expect us to pay more for less of a game. The games being released today are even less enjoyable then games released only a few years ago. The only way to reverse the current trend, is by putting our money where our mouth is. Stop supporting those that do us wrong. I urge everyone that wishes to buy and play Black Ops to PLEASE resist the temptation. Do not buy Black Ops or any other game released by Activision, until they start giving the community what we want. I would also encourage anyone that have servers with GameServers.com, cancel their servers, and take their business to another provider that is more responsible. The developer of a game should NOT be able to tell us where we can do business, or not. As long as GameServers.com wishes to practice any form of monopoly, they will not get my business, and I hope they will not gets yours as well. Let's all stick together to send a message, we are tired of your crap, and we are not going to take it any more!

Edited by AMER1CA

Didnt like it much either, maps are too small and the perks scream young teen appeal. Add to that what must rate as one of the worst launches ever and it got a huge thumbs down from me. I cancelled our server after the second day.

Didnt like it much either, maps are too small and the perks scream young teen appeal. Add to that what must rate as one of the worst launches ever and it got a huge thumbs down from me. I cancelled our server after the second day.

We canceled ours the first day. :D

I agree with most of what was said. However I guess a starving man thinks a cracker is a feast after MW2.. we had ZERO control of anything. Left to the wolves (hacks) and unable to regulate a server much less host one. I am holding out hope of them patching this game up and getting us the mod tools to make it a better playing experience. EVERY and I do mean EVERY fps pc game I have ever played or admined had release day bugs. Give em time people.

I am sad it looks like we will not be able to stream PBbans? I really enjoy this service as it has kept our servers 90% hax free for a very long time.

• 2 months later...

I agree with that website for the most part too. I would replace the banner for lowpings for NuclearFallOut. :P

We can thank big publishers like Activision and EA for the current state of PC gaming.

It's easier and they make more money by focusing on consoles and porting it to the PC.

I agree with that website for the most part too. I would replace the banner for lowpings for NuclearFallOut. :P

We can thank big publishers like Activision and EA for the current state of PC gaming.

It's easier and they make more money by focusing on consoles and porting it to the PC.

please stop reviving old threads

please stop reviving old threads

Its on the first page of this section. Take a freaking chill pill.

Last i checked were free to comment on any posts we like. the last comment on this post was 3months ago its not like i commented on a 3yr old post.

Edited by Sim

Its on the first page of this section. Take a freaking chill pill.

Last i checked were free to comment on any posts we like. the last comment on this post was 3months ago its not like i commented on a 3yr old post.

you sir are quite sensitive to criticism to be telling me to take a chill pill

i commented how i saw fit on a post i saw

if your panties got knotted over that, please hold on to your kotex, cause it is going to get rough!

ihbass.jpg

you sir are quite sensitive to criticism to be telling me to take a chill pill

i commented how i saw fit on a post i saw

if your panties got knotted over that, please hold on to your kotex, cause it is going to get rough!

It will take more than a troll to get my panties in a knot. :D

• Upvote 1

It will take more than a troll to get my panties in a knot. :D

lol, sir, i am no mere troll

+1 and good on you, i half expected a poorly worded, all caps tirade as a response B)

Edited by HSMagnet